“Nice, clean motel with good service”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed May 19, 2009

This was a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and responsive. The only issue was that the pool and Jaquzzi were not functioning properly. Otherwise everything was fine.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed here on our Wedding night, before we left for our cruise the next day. They knew it was our wedding night and they made every effort to make it a romantic stay. We had a beautiful room with an in-room jacuzzi, the bedding is luxurious and the linens are soft and comfortable. Upon entering our room there were rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed as well as surrounding the jacuzzi, they also had candles all around, there was chilled champagne and flutes next to the bed and there was even a box of Sees chocolates ! They even had a Congratulations on their front sign for us ! Our night was magical and it was a great beginning to our Cruise the next day !

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SoCalTravelingWifey
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I made a reservation online for a non smoking room at a rate of $125.10. When I arrived at the hotel I was told that there were no rooms available. After resolving that issue I was then given a smoking room. Today I received my credit card bill which shows a rate of $192. I called the hotel to complain and was told I had been charged the $175 rate and had to go to the hotel to have my credit card swiped to correct the bill. This is totally unacceptable. Make sure your check your bill!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
4  Thank Hokiecoyote
Reviewed November 6, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights. The rooms were good size, had a refrig, microwave and sink area. The king size bed was comfortable. However the furniture seemed a little big for the room. The TV was on a piece of furniture with 3 drawers, to close to the bed , hard to open the drawers all the way,also difficult to open the shutters on the window, due to furniture location.
The wireless internet did not work for me, but the eithernet cable did.
Located near several good places to eat, without having to get back on the expressway.
The morning breakfast was very good, lots of choices and very neat. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank vamom7678
Reviewed August 29, 2007

beautiful room, highly recommend. Better quality than the 3 star rating.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed August 25, 2007

I was leaving home late from Vegas for a last minute getaway and didn't think it would be worth it to drive all the way to Santa Monica since there isn't an abundance of decent places that are inexpensive, so Victorville seemed like a good place to stopover.

After reading reviews on this site, I decided on the Hawthorn Suites and was very pleased with what we ended up with. The room was clean and nice, bed was comfortable, and there was also a nice sized TV close to the bed with a good selection of cable channels available which is hard to find sometimes.

The continental breakfast was pretty decent with a good selection of different hot and cold items. I especially enjoyed the make your own Belgian waffle station with pre-portioned batter cups ready to go.

We didn't get a chance to use the pool or workout facilities but I'm sure they are average for a property of this type. Upon leaving I also noticed that they had a half basketball court beside the building, which you don't see very often.

I definitely recommend if you happen to be passing through Victorville and want a great value and a nice experience for your money. Business travelers will also appreciate the full-sized workdesk in each room as well.

Happy Travels.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blazinrebel
Reviewed August 21, 2007

I made a reservation and dreceived a confirmation number and assumed it was a guaranteed room. I showed up at 9:30 p.m. and they tried to state that I did not reserve a room. After I gave my confirmation number they admitted that they had overbooked. The manager was not available. I asked the employees to call the manager to get some kind of arrangement with another hotel in the area and they refused. After an hour of waiting they finally called the manager. I didn't get to another hotel until 10:40 p.m. I ended up staying at the Hilton Garden Inn which had superb customer service.

Very unprofessional staff and not trained well.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank diazednal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Hotel Extended Studio
Hotel Extended Studio
#8 of 19 in Victorville
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville? Share your experiences!