“If all you want to do is sleep.... Dont even try to use there wifi”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
pittsburg mo
“If all you want to do is sleep.... Dont even try to use there wifi”
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I usually stay at another hotel that is just a mile or so away but horrible internet speeds made me want to try someplace else.

So basic run down of the hotel. Lobby seemed to be clean and neat but once past that the carpets look warn out with stains. There is only a single elevator (no big deal) but you have to walk half way through the lower level to get to it and there really isnt any true markings stating thats where the elevator is located.

Next I come to getting to my room... I go in and its mid to high 80's in the room. I turn on AC and nothing happens... I wait 15 mins to see if it just needed time to turn on and still nothing. Called front desk and asked to change rooms... They did this without to much of a hassle, except I had to go back down to pick up the other room key. (side note... Old school tube tv that is totally out of place for the room design and at a strange angle for viewing)

New room the AC works.... and works.. and works... and works... It wont shut off... I set it to 74 and by morning it was 58 in the room.

As for the room itself... Its pretty big, decent layout, BUT theres that stained carpet yet again. (side note... New flat screen in this room.. All I had to do was do complete setup to get rid of a ton of dead channels)

Now for my true grip about this place. Since I travel alot for business I do alot of work and personal stuff online. What I found out is that if you try to do a connection back to your home server that there "SPAM" filter will record your MAC address and lock your computer out of there network. You have to call there IT department to get them to release it. This happen to me first... THEN... A short time later I was locked out YET AGAIN... This time its cause I used a add on to google chrome that does image searches online (Same as going to google and typing something in and clicking images)... I call yet again to get released from there "SPAM" filter and am informed that there settings is to keep "Excessive" use of there internet down to a minimum and that I would have to call them every time it get triggered...

Now this may not seem like much to most but when you spend as much time away from home that I do... You want to be able to get or send files to your home network, grab images that are needed to do reports, or send images out via email it does make it a major inconvenience to business travelers.

Luckily since Im working at the local hospital I got a discounted rate. Even with the discount... The internet issues for me made it OVERPRICED!

Free breakfast consist of large vat of scrabbled eggs, bulk limp bacon, bulk over seasoned sausage patties, or your generic cereal with milk. Your better off just going to one of the local restaurants and buying breakfast. (Your stomach will thank you for it)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank prembird

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Turkish first
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I travel on a regular basis and we have stayed at a lot of hotels. We always tried saving money by finding the "good deals" with low rates hotels. Well, you get what you pay for. The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Victorville is a really nice hotel with great customer service. When we booked our room, we booked online. That was a big mistake. It took over an hour to get it straightened out. The front desk clerk went out of his way to get the problam fixed. When we arrived to our room, WOW!!!, what a room. These rooms are huge!!! All of the windows open for extra ventalation and all the windows have custom blinds. There are ceiling fans in all rooms and all the lights are on a dimmer switch for those of you who like that romatic mood lighting. Whoop Whoop. The beds are extremely comfortable with extra pillows and blankets stored in the closet. Excellent hotel and friendly staff!!! We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Check in directly with the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank erikbarnes2011
Ventura
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed in this hotel over New Years and were overall very happy with the experience. A con was the fact that when we went to check in we were told we did not have a reservation. We were told they are not linked to the reservation system, hopefully they have resolved this issue. One other con is that the halls do smell like smoke. The bathroom was small and the water pressure in the shower was poor. But, the room was nonsmoking and did not smell. The room was HUGE with a love seat, 2 queens, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast room was very large with a good selection of hot and cold foods. Overall we liked the hotel and will stay again. We will not use the reservation system but will call the hotel directly.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doozerdog
Santa Barbara USA
Reviewed August 21, 2009

When you read these reviews, keep in mind the people writing them are going to judge in light of their normal hotel experience.

This hotel is not a three star or four star hotel. It is a solid two. In Victorville, there may not be much better as the selection is a bit limited.

The building was built recently, so the facilities are in good condition. It is a decent place, but not a lot beyond that.

The walls between rooms are thin. I heard all kinds of noise and talking during the night. The floor we were on was a non-smoking floor. But, the smell of smoke was very, very heavy. Toward the end of the halls, the smell was less. The pool is nice and cool, but basic.

The breakfast was decent, but basic. The best part was the location was close to many restaurants and the freeway. So, you have a very good selection of eating places close by.

Again, I think of a two star rating as "decent, basic and acceptable."

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
mseles
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Stayed one night in a non smoking suite with a kitchen. The receptionist was very friendly and helpfull. Nice kitchen with full size fridge and dishwasher, the beds were also very comfortable. Unfortunatly the smell of cigarettes was overwhelming throughout the entire hotel even in our non smoking room and made our stay less pleasurable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
RJK_9
Reviewed May 19, 2009

This was a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and responsive. The only issue was that the pool and Jaquzzi were not functioning properly. Otherwise everything was fine.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
So*Cal
Reviewed February 16, 2009

We stayed here on our Wedding night, before we left for our cruise the next day. They knew it was our wedding night and they made every effort to make it a romantic stay. We had a beautiful room with an in-room jacuzzi, the bedding is luxurious and the linens are soft and comfortable. Upon entering our room there were rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed as well as surrounding the jacuzzi, they also had candles all around, there was chilled champagne and flutes next to the bed and there was even a box of Sees chocolates ! They even had a Congratulations on their front sign for us ! Our night was magical and it was a great beginning to our Cruise the next day !

• Liked — All the romance that they added to our room
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank SoCalTravelingWifey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
Hotel Extended Studio
Hotel Extended Studio
#7 of 19 in Victorville

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville? Share your experiences!