“Usually good”

Original Roadhouse Grill
Ranked #24 of 192 Restaurants in Victorville
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Description: Original Roadhouse Grill features an authentic roadhouse menu and a down-home, fun lovin' atmosphere. You'll find peanuts served in buckets and peanut shells on the floor. Country music, classic rock and blues can be heard coming out of our jukebox. Bring in the whole family and crew in for a fun and delicious experience at an All American Steakhouse. Our signature rolls and mouth watering food cooked on our open-flame grill will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We've eaten here twice before and it's been fairly good - decent steaks and craft beers.

This time, as there were six of us and it was a Saturday night, I made a reservation for 6:30pm. We turned up at 6:41, for reasons beyond our control, and were told that we were late and would have to wait. While we waited I took the kids to the restrooms past numerous empty tables already set for service - including the one we were eventually sat at. Now, yes we were 11 minutes late and it was Saturday night - but it was not busy at all. There was no reason not to seat us, even if we were to be told our waitress would not be ready. Instead we were made to wait like naughty schoolchildren in the crowded entrance area (penalty zone?), along with several other people who presumably had the audacity to either arrive a few minutes late or not make a reservation. For goodness sake, stop pretending you're busy and just seat your customers. I recall we have previously been made to wait in similar circumstances though not to this extent.

That aside, food and service is usually pretty good. I just hope they can stop the silly entrance games.

There are newer reviews for Original Roadhouse Grill

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Ordered the bacon wrapped Filet Mignon. I'm used to a filet being very tender and easy to cut. I found mine to be tough and not that tender.

We had a baby at our table sitting in a high chair at the end of the booth. The server would warn us something was hot and then would set it down right where the baby could reach it. We had to keep removing it quickly because we didn't want the baby to get burned.
Was kind of irritating that she didn't get it after we had to do it several times!!

Wasn't the greatest meal in my opinion.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The food here was very good when they first opened a few years ago. I think they have since lowered the quality of their meats. The steak is a little tough and the flavor just isn't there. The service was good from beginning to end which was really nice. However the Steer and Stein is definitely a better choice in the Victorville area if your craving a steak.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Original Roadhouse Grill and Texas Roadhouse Grill are knock-offs of each other but how in the world can you go wrong with a ribeye steak? I had a long day ahead of me traveling home so I stopped in for lunch and went with the ribeye. I figured this would hold me over until I got home around ten o'clock that evening. I ordered my steak medium-rare and that is what I got. It was flavorful, juicy and big. I also had fries and a Caesar salad to go with it as well as their house rolls which come with the meal. All were delicious. Service was great and the meal arrived before I finished the salad which was brought out with the rolls ahead of time. I'll be back the next time I drive through.
The only reason I checked "no" on being one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant is because the standard was set by Ruth Chris Steakhouse some years ago and it is pretty hard to beat that but you pay for it through the nose. Still I was extremely satisfied and the you can't beat the value for what you get. I made it home nine hours later still satisfied!

1  Thank Pittakos
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Nothing fancy here but the food and service are always good. All plates are plentiful. Nice salads. The specialty is bison burgers, steaks, and ribs. One of our faithful standbys that can always be counted on to deliver.

1  Thank KB6CLA