“Great Steak-burgers, friendly service and excellent custard (ice cream)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Freddy's

Freddy's
Ranked #6 of 190 Restaurants in Victorville
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Fullerton, Ca, USA
“Great Steak-burgers, friendly service and excellent custard (ice cream)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have often driven right by Freddys on our way from Fullerton to Las Vegas. This last trip we decided to give it a try. Glad we did. No other people were present at the counter to order when we were there, so as a 'first-timer", staff member Sam spent some time answering all my questions and helping me decide what to get. We had the steakburgers - finely ground steak that is prepared in such a way that even though it is in a loose "patty", it tastes more like the steak in a Phiilly cheesesteak or finely chopped asada taco or burrito. But the patties are thin, so you do need to order a double or triple patty to make it more filling. Until a few years ago, our perception of custard was like a pudding or cream filling in a pie or donut (i.e. - coconut custard). But we have had several great ice cream type "custards" in the mid-west and on the East coast on our travels the last few years - and have found out that in this context, custard means a thicker, richer ice cream (more like gelato). It really hit the spot as a great dessert after our steak burgers. If you have never experienced this treat, Freddys is a great place to do it. We will certainly plan on stopping here on future trips to Vegas.

• Visited August 2013

vista, ca
“Don't forget the custard!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I don't even know where to start with this one. After being introduced to Freddy's Custard by my cousin in Colorado in January, we were thrilled to find that there's one in Victorville on the way to both Mammoth Lakes & Las Vegas. Thankfully, this is the closest location to us in San Diego because if it was closer, I could easily see multiple monthly visits (let's be realistic, burgers + fries + custard isn't waistline friendly).

We'll start with the burgers. This one of the best "non-fancy restaurant" burgers we've ever eaten. Probably better than a lot of fancy restaurants actually, easily ss good (or better in our opinion) than Fat Burger or In n Out. They taste great as they recommend them, we love them with grilled onions & make sure to try them with the pickles (I hate pickles on all burgers except Freddy's), they just add that extra little bit to make them extra amazing.

The fries are great. I somewhat wish they were a bit thicker so they'd be easier to pick up & finish off but that's what forks are for. The fry sauce is delicious & a welcome addition to the meal.

Where Freddy's stands out, up & beyond any other fast food restaurant is the custard. It can't be compared to any other fast food dessert (or many "fancy restaurant" desserts, either). My, oh my, it's so good. They have just about ever combination thinkable or make your own. Our favorite is the Turtle Concrete (they mix everything up in the custard). We find a mini after our combo meal leaves us full but not "oh my god, roll me home" full. Perfect for the remainder of your drive.

If you're on your way up the 15 or 395 to Vegas, Utah, Mammoth or Tahoe, do yourself a favor & stop in.

• Visited July 2013
Oak Hills, California
“Love the french fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I love the french fries here.....thin and crispy. I was a little disappointed in the burgers and hot dog. They are good, but not what I thought it was going to be.

Visited April 2013

Been to Freddy's? Share your experiences!