“Decent price, decent quality!”

Motel 6 Victorville Apple Valley
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Victorville, California
“Decent price, decent quality!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

I had to stay here for a short time while I searched for a temporary apartment. I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. The rooms had been recently redone and were pretty large. There was hot coffee every morning and they allowed me to bring my pet. There was a gentleman that worked at the front desk at night that was always polite to me. He gave me advice on good restaurants and directions to grocery stores. The room didn't have any extras like a refrigerator or microwave but it wasn't expensive so, what can you expect? I just needed something inexpensive and clean. This hotel is just that. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank H22H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I guess you get what you pay for $51.95. Absolutely nothing. No fridge, microwave, iron, hair dryer, toiletries, or even a closet rod. On the plus side, the place was newly renovated and clean. The TV was a new Sharp Aquos and wi-fi was included. The place wasn't really any louder than what you would expect for its type of layout. The nite clerk was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lyle B
Tamborine Mountain, Australia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Seeing as this was a newer style Motel 6, we would have hoped for a fridge and microwave.
The place was nice and clean, no bedbugs, no shifty people and no worries.
It's a bit out of the main part of Victorville, but if your staying at a motel one would you think you have a car!
The manager was fine, very helpful with directions into town and out to El mirage Dry Lake.
The WiFi was free and worked really well.
On reflection we might have been better off staying in a Motel that was on the old Route 66

Room Tip: If you worried about people making a noise above you, stay upstairs!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nick N
Brian1978_063, General Manager at Motel 6 Victorville Apple Valley, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write about your experience at our property. I am glad that you liked our newly renovated rooms. Since we are a budget hotel, fridges and microwaves are available upon request only. We provide excellent value for the price we charge and we believe in providing excellent service to each and every guest. I hope to see you again on your next visit to high desert or if you travelling on Interstate 15.

Brian Ahir
Menomonie, WI
Reviewed November 28, 2013

First, please be sure not to confuse this Motel 6 with the one in Hesperia, the polar opposite.

Here are several issues:

1. The price on their highway billboards advertise, "39.95," for a single room. In actuality, their price is actually $51.95. When I pointed out the price on the billboard, the man who said he was manager abruptly told me that "I can stay across the street." Nonetheless, I was curious and relented and stayed anyway.

2. The rooms at first glance do look nice. There was a King bed and cable TV. The wooden floors were clean. But one side of the bed had hairs on it. Also, there was no hot water.

3. When I finally climbed into bed, I could feel bedbugs biting. Ironically, the manager talked about the other Motel 6 in Hesperia, claiming that *they* had bedbugs. I have stayed in both and the one in Hesperia has no bedbugs. Perhaps he was projecting.

4. The manager puzzled me. He was friendly one moment and hostile the next.

5. I feared for my safety in this Motel 6. People were coming and going all the time. There was a lot of banging noises upstairs which I think was a prostitute with her customer. It looked like there were drug deals going on in the parking lot. There is no place to eat nearby. There is only an abandoned restaurant and two run-down gas stations.

There was only one good thing about this Motel 6. There is free WI-FI. Good thing, too. Because I was afraid to sleep here, I stayed up with it all night.

Room Tip: Just stay away.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank starshine90

Travelers are raving about these Victorville hotels

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Greatly renovated motel!
This hotel is pretty nice considering the price. We can tell it was renovated in a modern looking way. Coffee was absolutely disgusting, but there are some great old diners around in Victorville.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cloe A
Chepstow
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Positives: the design of the room was great, with a laminate floor instead of carpet, bright colours, a fabulous tv, and the best wifi we got at any of the motels we stayed in on our holiday. It was also very inexpensive.

Negatives: It's a non-smoking motel, but the first room we were given smelled so strongly of cigarettes, we rejected it, and were given another room. It smelled better, but we then discovered one of the bed covers had cigarette burn holes in it and a lot of stains we weren't keen on investigating further. Worst of all, though - the room wasn't clean. Obvious things, like the inside of the tub and sink, were clean, but the wall behind the sink was dirty, the skirting around the floor was dirty, the floor behind the bathroom door was dirty (sticky hairs!). We aren't a picky family. We regularly camp and have backpacked around Asia and Europe. But we were too tired to move rooms again, so decided to put the lights down low and not to look any closer.

Very unusual place. They obviously spent a great deal of money designing it, but it looks like they ran out of money before it was finished. There was a space where it looks like they intended to put a clothes rail, but there wasn't one. Our bed cover should have been thrown away because of the burn holes, but they were still putting it on the bed. We only got 2 towels, and they were very thin and small. They clearly don't pay enough to get the rooms cleaned thoroughly. They don't enforce the no smoking policy at all. There's no where to get food at this junction (the diner closed down), and you have to drive about 5 miles to find a restaurant. But on first impressions, the rooms look great and the price was very low. All in all, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank JCChepstow
PORT HUENEME
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

If all motel 6 could be like this would never go anywhere else. Squeaky clean because no carpet, platform bed, shelves instead of furniture and wall mounted flat screen. Best of all no yucky bedspread. Only problem can hear every step from room above. Would always take upper floor if possible. Corporate if you build all your places like this you wouldn't have to leave the lights on because no fear of bugs.

• Stayed July 2013