“Refurb coming so rating should improve”

Comfort Suites Victorville
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
The Villages, Florida
“Refurb coming so rating should improve”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Currently the hotel is really dated which is the first thing you'll notice. However, the bed was comfortable and I slept well...even after the 5.1 earthquake that hit about 9:30 pm. New owners are getting bids for refurbishment. Nicole (front desk) ranks as one of the best I've ever met. She gracefully handled all my requests with a warm-and-welcoming smile. As a "well seasoned" traveler" with family in the area, I will come back once refurbishment is done.

The location is just off I-15 and very convenient for travelers heading north or south. There are lots of restaurants nearby and the Victorville Mall is on the other side of I-15. Although the immediate area is far from beautiful (bowling alley across street, lots of older buildings in back); once you are inside, it feels safe and secure.

Google

Room Tip: Unless you really need a main floor room, I'd ask for 2nd or 3rd floor. There are no rooms with...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Virginia D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were traveling to AZ and needed a place to stop. It was clean and quite. Internet speed was good. Rooms were a bit dated. We had an old Zenith TV in our room. Breakfast was typical. Unless you find a parking spot in front of the building carrying your bags in can be a bit inconvenient.

Room Tip: Stay to the second floor for less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank elconquistador765
Leduc, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 1 night. Our room smelled fresh, was clean and the king bed was great. Nice pillows...a bonus as a lot of hotel pillows are lumpy. There was one nasty stain on the carpet. Nice bath. Our room was on the third floor and it was quiet. Breakfast was nice, even offered bacon. The breakfast room was small and the hotel must have been full as there weren't enough seats or tables in the morning.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Grammy929
Le Mans, France
Reviewed March 14, 2014

A pit stop between Vegas/Death Valley and LAX. Rooms were large, tv was like my grandma's, missed breakfast because we didn't realise ( or wasn't informed ) that it closes at 9 am. Lots of traffic noise and pneumatic road digging outside to boot.You can't win them all, and this one didn't feel like a win for the price . Did I mention the blocked toilet, very badly draining sink and the huge hairball in the corner of the bathroom left by previous gueust(s) ? Other than that, Iv'e seen a whole lot worse.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Central Point, Oregon
Reviewed November 8, 2013

we had driven from southern Oregon and were bone weary tired, they had a special going on, so we saved $20.00 or so, I dont like checking in that late cause you have to check out in a few hours and you still pay. Front desk clerk was nice and quick. Our room was on the1st floor, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good. When checking out I needed directions to a nearby buisness the young man behind the desk printed out what I needed it was most helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Clara R
So Cal
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I bid and won for this hotel on PL. For the price I paid, I was definitely satisfied with CSV. The breakfast was as good as the one I had at Hampton Inn over a month ago, and which probably cost twice as much to stay, and tremendously better than the Extended Stay America hotel I had over the summer. The breakfast was good and had all the stuff I like including making your own waffles.

As for my room, I got a nice size bed, along with a nice couch with rollout bed. Definitely a plus to me if I ever come back and stay. While there were a few tidbits such as the carpet being slightly worn and a few things on the wall aged, I was actually impressed that the bathroom looked like it belong in a higher star hotel. No issues there. Also nice to have a microwave and small fridge in the room as well. Definitely nice to have for a longer stay.

Location is definitely good, though of course, Victorville is more rough around the edges than the hotel itself, so make sure you don't encounter any colorful figures. I enjoyed my stay, and if I had to come back to Victorville, I wouldn't sweat it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank d l
Las Vegas Valley
Reviewed October 23, 2013

On our way to San Diego, we decided to take a break for the night and opted for Comfort Suites - Victorville. My wife, our 2 young daughters, and me got a single room with a king-size bed.

Check-in was quick. The girl behind the counter seemed friendly enough.

The lobby was fine; clean and simple. The breakfast area was nice enough, but the woman in charge on the area seemed to be having a bad day. Not that I wanted her to be turning cartwheels or handing out flowers, but she really seemed to hate her job. Either way, it's hard to mess up free cereal, yogurt, fruit, and milk.

The room was alright; the white sheets were dingy and didn't feel exactly clean. The furniture wasn't horrible, but could use a bit of updating. The floors seemed clean until my 2-year old's socks came up black from the dirty carpet. Pretty gross.

The location was extremely easy to get to, however, there seemed to be an unnerving number of vagrants in the area.

Plenty of drive-thru fast food places within a few blocks, along with a few liquor stores just as close. Get the idea?

Keeping in mind that it's Victorville and right off of a major freeway, you kinda have to expect this. I understand that there's only so much that the management can control but, for now, this might be a place to avoid.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cube44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
#5 of 19 in Victorville
Hotel Extended Studio
Hotel Extended Studio
#7 of 19 in Victorville

Been to Comfort Suites Victorville? Share your experiences!