“This place dropped the ball”

Comfort Suites Victorville
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am still giving an average rating because it appears that they have tried hard to keep this property in good condition. But for us, on this trip, this placed dropped the ball.

I booked 2 free rooms using points for my stay (I'm a Choice Platnum Member). My son's room was fine, but the one I was assigned was incredibly hot. I turned on the A/C and gave it about an hour to cool. I realized that the Air Con unit wasn't blowing cold so I asked for a tech to come fix it. I was told that he wasn't around. So she then offered to move me to another room. The room I was moved to apprears to be ok.

Later in the early evening, my family and I decided to go for a dip in the pool. We stopped by the front desk to ask for pool towels. We were told it was closed because some children had "pooped" in the pool.

I think this place is probably pretty nice on most occasions, but in this case it wasn't. The ammenities that I booked this property for, just weren't up to par.

I would have asked for my money back, except in this case, I used points to book my two rooms that I had for the night. I guess this was just a waste of my points. Either that, or when you use points, expect lower standards than when you pay cash 60+ nights a year.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CSGeneralManager, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Effee_1,

We appreciate your opinion and I am truly sorry your satisfactory standards were not met upon your prior visit here with us. I will go ahead and have maintenance check the A/C in the first room you were in to ensure it works properly. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to use the pool during your stay. Our pool and spa are now open and running. I would like to offer you 2,000pts for the inconveniences during your stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I may get your info and submit your pts.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are as you expect, maybe even roomier. I stayed with my parents and dog and we had more than enough room in a double right off the lobby. Room was quiet, clean and breakfast was warm. Didn't get to use facilities much, but pool looked nice.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Suzy R
CSGeneralManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank You for your interest in choosing our fine establishment. We would like to not only thank you for your business but appreciate the time you've taken to share your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel.
There is nothing more satisfying to any staff member than acknowledgement of good work and knowing that our guests leave happier than when they even came.
So on behalf of all the Comfort Suites staff, we hope you return once more, and perhaps even bring a friend to what some of our frequent guests like to call, "the best kept secret"

Guest Relations Manager
Amie Platter

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I write this at 12am while giving up on sleep here at the "comfort" suites. Right by the freeway, the walls rattle when people above walk, the doors have huge spaces all around, I can hear EVERY SINGLE word the people next door say! This bed is like a rock! And the area is sketchy I'm worried about my car in the parking lot! DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank roxych
CSGeneralManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

If you ever have any issues with guests staying in rooms around you please call our front desk so that we may handle the issue.
We are under slow renovations to better accommodate any future guests. On behalf of our staff we would like to welcome you back to our hotel for a cozy future stay! We're glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I hope on your next visit to Victorville you will visit our location again and consider us a "home away from home".

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although the reservation website and reservation says nothing about a $50.00 "incidentals" charge/deposit, when you arrive, they insist on putting a $50.00 "hold" on your credit card in case there are any "incidentals" charged (and none are offered at this hotel), or if there is any damage to the room. When I asked about this policy of a second clerk, he told me before I left the hotel that the "hold" had been released, and that it wasn't a "charge" on my credit card. The day after we left, the hotel put through a pending charge of $50.00 to my credit card, which they say will "disappear" in 5 days. This is ridiculous - we did no damage to the room, we didn't buy anything, and the extra $50.00 was NOT on our final statement. We now have to go through the hassle of putting our credit card company on alert for this bogus charge.

Additionally, the toilet clogged while we were in the hotel. Instead of sending up a maintenance person, they brought up a plunger and told us to fix it ourselves! The television and wi-fi service also went down for a few hours during our stay.

Finally, despite that they knew that the hotel was full of soccer players heading to a tournament, they would not accommodate us by opening the breakfast 15 minutes early so we could go in and grab a muffin on our way out to the fields.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Scott S

Thank you for taking the time to write a very personal review about our establishment. We here at the Comfort Suites appreciate and value your opinion.
Upon check in we pre-authorize $50 for incidentals for your whole stay. Your incidental hold will be realsed at check out pending there are no smoking, broken, missing or damaged items. Your money may take up to 5 business days to be placed back into your account. You may opt out of this credit card pre-authorization by putting a $150 cash deposit at the time of check in to avoid delay of your funds.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Comfort Suites we would like to apologize about your prior stay with us. We do realize there a few things that need to be tuned up around our facility. In doing so, we thank you for your honesty and hope that you will reconsider our hotel.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This room is convieniently located near shopping and restaurants. There was a steer n stein restaurant across the street that was really good. Right next to a bowling alley. The room was clean with a semi comfortable bed. The free breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank asnow815
CSGeneralManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out of your schedule to comment & compliment our business.
We take much pride in knowing that our guests not only have an excellent stay with us but that we exceed their standards. And we do hope that you continue to spread the word about your pleasant stay at one of our establishments.
We would like to welcome you and/or your friends & loved ones to come back to add another adventure and great memory.
Once again thank you

Amie Platter

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Location is just off I-15 in Victorville and can be seen from the interstate. Check in was friendly, easy, and fast. Room was of goo size and comfortable. Bed was comfortable. There was a little noise during the night due to other room doors being opend and shut.

Breakfast ws good with some variety. Breakfast area was of good size, but seating required you to be elbow to elbow with others.

Check out was fast and easy. All in all it was a good stay with good pricing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jere J
CSGeneralManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank You for the excellent rating you gave our hotel. It is guest like yourself that give our job its everyday worth and meaning. We hope that you will not only return for another visit, but also recommend a friend to keep our establishment in mind on your/their next trip.
For here at the Comfort Suites we take pride in building a fine reputation through word of mouth rather than advertising. We've learned it’s the people you confide in, that give the most honest opinions.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I frequent various hotels and motels in the Hesperia and Victorville area because I have family who reside in the area. I try to save money by staying at other cheaper motels but after one stay at the comfort suites i realized the extra 10-20 dollars was worth it! The hotel is 100% SMOKE FREE! There was no lingering smell of smoke in the room. The bathroom and the room were both clean. Free breakfast is great of course. The staff is GREAT! Every staff member I have interacted with was very friendly and courteous. I feel safe, comfortable, and welcomed each time I stay there! So if you're looking for an affordable place to stay in the area, I highly recommend spending the extra money and staying here rather than any old motel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary E

We here at the Comfort Suites appreciate and value your opinion.

We are glad we exceeded your expectations! We hope that you will consider us a safe and fun family based town. We look forward to any future memories you and your loved ones will be making with us.

Hope to see you again soon and thank you for your business.

Vanessa Carpio

Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
Hotel Extended Studio
#8 of 19 in Victorville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites

Been to Comfort Suites Victorville? Share your experiences!