“Disgusting”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
San Antonio, Texas
“Disgusting”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Don't stay here. People live in the rooms with their cats and smoke weed. There were footprints on the bathtub and toilet paper in the toilet. Something disgusting was on the cloth chair. The lock on the door was broken. Ghetto. We got our money back, went 5 minutes down the road to a Comfort Suites for the same rate and had a standard, clean hotel room with nice parking and a pool that worked. I will never stay at another Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thanks for sharing your concerns. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience that did not meet your expectations. Please know that this is the pet friendly & economical range type of hotel but we absolutely do care before we rent any room. Also you got the discounted rate for CDL & you used that room for an hour like and then left, still we didn’t charge you anything.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

OK, first the good things - they changed all of our bedding each day we were there without charging us an extra fee. The maids were very nice and accommodating. The WIFI is great! Now for the bad things. The place was FILTHY!!!!! The doors and floor were just plain dirty with dirty hand marks etc. The floor from stain in a "recently remodeled" room??? The first night we stayed on the third floor in room 330. The next day as I was sitting in front of the A/C on the internet, I couldn't stop itching - it was awful!! I felt it must be dust mites in the A/C!! So, I asked for a different room which the gave us. This room A/C did not cause me to itch. We left because they said they wouldn't change our bedding every night anymore. We are now staying at the Ambassador Hotel, Victorville. Oh my gosh what a difference!!!!! Everything is VERY CLEAN and classy!!! Nice furniture, coffee maker in the room, etc. Love IT! And complimentary breakfast - with hot food!!! For $1.00 more a night!!! I felt VERY uncomfortable at the Red Roof, Victorville, not at the Ambassador Hotel, I sigh a nice sigh of relief!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank apricotorange
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
We are sincerely sorry for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We appreciate your patience, as the issue at hand required more attention in order to be resolved. Thank you for taking the time to detail your stay and complete the review on our hotel. Again, please accept our apologies for the unfortunate inconvenience. We hope you will keep in mind the many things you did enjoy while staying with us, and give us another opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Victorville hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not a safe and CLEAN hotel. We arrive a bit AFTER 3:00 p.m. and one of our two rooms was not ready. We had to wait 15-20 minutes for our room. we were traveling with two other family members. We waited for our room, once it was ready, within 5-10 minutes we discovered our toilet to be backed up. The front desk quickly put us into another available room.
This room was not better... it was worse!
The sink in bathroom was leaking water on the floor. The knobs were in reverse... hot was actually cold and the cold was actually HOT. There wasn't a coffee maker like the other room, and when we asked for an Iron, they couldn't find one. About 30 minutes later, the hotel clerk came with an Ironing Board... not the Iron in which we asked for.
Most disgusting was... one of the bath towels had lots of hair, pubic hair all over it.

The smell inside and out of hotel was unpleasant. The elevator looks like it was in need of a repair. We took the elevator to our room, and twice the door didn't seem to want to open.
The people that were there didn't look like travelers... instead they look like criminals or gang members.

Also, the pool was open but the other part was FILTHY with brown rain water with trash and debris in it.
Also, while we were loading our car to leave (thank God it was just an over night stay) we noticed the Fire Marshall doing an inspection... it sure enough they found a few violations. Some of the fire sprinklers were missing. Plus the TV's were OLD SCHOOL and small at that.

Nothing good to say about this place. WE DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!

We didn't feel safe or see that this place was clean. NEVER will we stay at a Red Roof Hotel again!!
The City of Victorville should condemn this place!! Someone, and maybe me, should notify the Health department. It is a disease waiting to happen.

Room Tip: Good freeway access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your concerns & we do apologize but we couldn't recognize your stay here in absence of enough details like guest registered name/room no/check in & out date.

As per our record at the desk we didn't receive such complain as you posted in your review from any guest here since last week, so it is surprised for us to see such comments on the TA.

Please know that we provide coffee maker in selected rooms only and there is no reason to have faucet knob in reverse direction because it wouldn't fit to faucet like that. We have only one outdoor pool & hot tub, which is in working condition & no body here complained for that.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was pretty excited to stay at a nice hotel with competent employees. I had triple checked my reservation over the phone with the front desk and was assured my reservation was exactly how I had asked it to be. Upon arrival, I was first assigned a key to an already occupied room in which I had to deal with the embarrassment of bombarding someone, who was resting, with settling into my room. I later on found out that my check out day was a day earlier than I had reserved. If I wanted the extra night it was my responsibility to pay full price and take accountability for Red Roof's employee error. When confronted about my unhappiness with my experience here, I was talked to rudely by front desk staff and they refused to correct the error. I even asked for the hotel manager in which the employee, Stephanie, refused to go get him and simply stated "my manager has already said what he is going to do" without confirming that for me. I am seriously disappointed in this Red Roof location as I have been a Red Roof Inn customer for over 10 years now. They lost my business and that of my family and friends over a simple employee error that they rudely refused to correct. To top it all off I was going to take the high road and pay but not after the way I was treated here.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank vmf417
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
First and for most, we would like to apologize for the situation but we don’t agree at all with your complain.
Please know that we never made any error for your reservation as we have a proof of your signed registration paper for the rate & length of stay verified by you upon check in and also you had paid us accordingly, which we already explained you here at the time of check out. On the contrary the fact is you tried to extend one extra night stay for free beyond your registered & verified night’s stay from the very next day of your check in here by making different excuses & stories like employees error and different baseless promises of our different employees, which we didn’t allow you to do so for the extended night, so you made a big issue upon check out and we had forced to call police to stop your interruption in the ongoing business at the lobby. Police also advised you either to pay for the extended night stay or to file a civil appeal in the court with proof, if hotel had made any error or forcefully recovered any extra payment from you but finally you had to pay for that extra night, which you didn’t want to pay so we are not surprised for such misleading review to the other valued customers.
Ventura, California, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Where ... to ... begin ...

The clerk member asked me why I wanted to upgrade to a suite, and then proceeded to talk me out of getting one. The first non-smoking room smelled like smoke, had a broken sink, and marker and crayons all over the bathroom door. The second room smelled less of smoke, had half the size fridge, and old tube they called a TV, a broken microwave, bottomed out seats, a broken headboard lamp, dirty walls, no room service, a feral cat in the stairway which it calls home, and the pool and hot tub are closed indefinitely.

I will NEVER refer anyone to this place, nor will I ever go back.

Room Tip: Here's a tip - DON'T choose a room at the Red Roof Inn!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt D
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
First and for most, we would like to apologize. We already explained you about your on line reservation by travel agency in reply of guest survey comments. We do not agree with the comments you made because every time you tried to add more & more points in the complain which you never complained here during your stay or on check out, thereby feeling us as organized boosting. You stayed here in one of the renovated room and please know that we absolutely do care and are currently in the process of undergoing several changes & improvements to our rooms & hotel.
Vallejo, California, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Professional staff, large room well appointed. TV is CRT type, no flat screen or in/outputs for connecting XBOX, but ok. Pool closed, but it wasn't hot enough to miss it. Room could've been cleaned better, the floor seemed to not be swept or mopped. Good signal for the wifi, easy to sign in and there wasn't an additional cost for access from the room.

Room Tip: If you are on a short stay, it would be ok. won't have a pool though due to non-ADA compliance.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kimberly P
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We appreciate all of your comments and suggestions, as we always take them very seriously and are eager to listen to what our guests have to say. Please know that we absolutely do care and are currently in the process of undergoing several improvements to our hotel like room renovation including paints on the wall, wood flooring, and Mattress change & flat TV. We are working on making some changes that we know you will enjoy fairly priced convenient location. Also our location is good for stopping nearby freeway 15 and other facilities like restaurants, banks, malls in the vicinity of 2-3 miles. We hope you will consider and decide to visit us again for long stay also.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at the red roof due to their weekly rates. The outside is decent and well kept. The staff is friendly enough minus a couple employees. The rooms are ok. Our room was worst than most though. Mold was HORRIBLE, room was always humid and stuffy, and the carpet desperately needs changed. My daughters feet would be solid black after walking across the room. Gross. I think if they did a bit of updating it would be much more pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013
i0218, Manager at Red Roof Inn Victorville, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing your concerns. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unfortunate comments, as we are eager to listen to what our guests have to say. We have some renovated rooms with little more rates. Also weekly guests get room service once a week due to discounted price & we can’t do the deep cleaning due to constant use & much more stuff in the room. It is our policy that we do the complete deep cleaning before renting to the new guest & we always make sure with the guest for the room condition, after checked in every new guest. Please know that we absolutely do care and are currently in the process of renovating more rooms in near future.