“Lots of construction and a long way out there” 4 of 5 stars

Harrah's Resort Southern California
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Valley Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Louisville
“Lots of construction and a long way out there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Despite the title, I really enjoyed my three night stay there in late January. I had a great room but you will hear construction sounds all day long. They said when I checked in that the noise could last until 11 PM, but I never had any problem in the evening hours once it got dark. It is kind of a mess there now, so do not go expecting any pool time or any thing close by to do.
I have stayed here once before a few years ago, so it did not seem so long to get there to me, but it is a good hour north of the SD airport, and it is a bit tough to find the first time. Long way from SD and about 45 minutes to get over to LaJolla if you are interested in that.
The buffet was pretty good, as was the Cafe, which is open 24/7. That is a nice feature, especially when you are always 3 hours behind coming from East Coast.

Room Tip: I would try for a room way up in the tower to try to negate the construction noise, but it will stil...
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,337)
  • Korean first
Corona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a great place for a business meeting or conference. I particularly like the food and the rooms were super clean. Hit the buffet at least once during your stay. The only downside was the construction. Just ask for a room away from the construction in the next few months and you should be okay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James B
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you are a decent guy , you definatly don't want to experience this place!!I was there last night playing black jack , 6 hours minimum 50$ per hand, and they don't even charg my player card for a free buffet! So , I came back to the manager in tables and told him about that , and he was like yeah probably the previous guy forgot to charg your card !! And i was like can you do it now , he said no and laughing at me !they are not decent at all!
By the way, Their POKER Room is like just one table limited holdem , and all local people who knows eachother . They don't even have a unlimited holdem:)).

• Stayed February 2013
Green Valley, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

With construction going on from 7 am to 11pm (jackhammers stated at 8am) and the fact there is no pool or hot tubs there is not a lot to offer. With that said the food was very good in The Cafe and the Steak House. The area is full of Casinos that are newer and nicer. There is also a $12.95 per day charge for wi-fi.

1 Thank brian b
Fullerton, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Made a reservation at Harrah's RIncon- Asked THREE times for the confirmation to be sent to us via e-mail! Never received it! Called and this place of business who does not pay any taxes HAS THE NERVE TO OUTSOURCE THEIR WORK! I WAS CONNECTED TO SOMEONE IN THE PHILLIPPINES!! HIRE AMERICANS!!! We also tried find what the going-ons were for the three nights and four days we were going to be there and after 4 calls and speaking to several people NOT ONE COULD TELL US WHAT EVENTS WERE GOING ON!! EACH PERSON TRANSFERRED US TO ANOTHER CLUELESS EMPLOYEE! THEY ALL SAID THEY DID NOT HAVE THE CALENDER FOR FEB- WE CALLED ON JAN 25TH!! REALLY?? HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Needless to say we are cancelling our reservation and will NEVER support this PATHETIC place of business! ZERO STARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank toni t
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The construction invades all areas of the hotel. Jackhammer noises during a massage kills the mood. Also, playing 55.00 a hand at PaiGow one of my friends, a diamond member get chastised for doing his hand wrong. Both the right way and the wrong way would have resulted in a loss. The dealer's attitude was marginal at best, so I made the comment that telling someone how they were playing was stupid and wrong with a scoff was "[--] rude." I should not have cursed, and I apologized to the dealer as well as the pitboss. After an hour of play I was escorted off the casino floor by 3 security guards. Calling a customer stupid, ok by pit boss Ken's standard... Making sure they knew their mistake, gets you punished. Go to any of the other casinos much closer than Harrahs. Between construction from 7a-11p (WHICH THEY DON'T WARN YOU ABOUT MAKING THE RESERVATION!) and egomaniacal pit bosses (that's be you Ken), a horrible spa, and limited games open, will not be here sgain. Redeeming values: dealers Sam, Victoria, and Johnny are patient and willing to teach also pit bosses Sergio and Ray make your stay enjoyable. I have tons of respect for everyone in the consumer relations business, but there was no excuse for the misunderstanding and escalation

• Stayed January 2013
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had not been to Harrah's for a while, and I was looking forward to a few days of play and relaxing in the jacuzzi after Dinner and some play. But I was not a happy camper when I arrived to find all of the construction, that should be stated online when I made my reservation. The pool area closing at 5PM really made my trip not a happy one. The pool area and the Jacuzzi is where I would relax after being stressed about the money the machines took from me or at lease give me a relaxing break from the slots, and my money would last a little longer. So it was a double jab to me with no jacuzzi to relax in at night.

Another thing that made my trip not so pleasent, none of my request were honored when I arrrived. I needed to have a microwave in my room because I had special food I had to eat that needed to be warm, and they told me that they had no more microwaves. But when they could not figure out how I was going to get my food warmed, they suddenly find a microwave, I asked fro extra Pillows and a Blanket, the pillows looked like someone had be sleeping on them and the Blanket was not folded, just kind of rolled messy. along with a few other things. Oh, my room was dirty and they had to send housekeeping in to clean, and she said herself that this was not good. Bottom line Harrahs nedd to inform their guest about the construction before you get there not after you arrive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
#11 of 16 in Escondido
3.0 of 5 stars 34 reviews
Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country
BEST WESTERN Escondido Hotel

Been to Harrah's Resort Southern California? Share your experiences!