“Perfect Get Away Spot”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valley Center
Valley View Casino Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Valley Center
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I decided to stay here and booked total of 4 rooms to get my family & friends together to celebrate my birthday. Our room is very nice and contemporary. The pool and the view is the highlight of our stay because it really gives a very relaxing feeling and atmosphere. We enjoyed the perks that goes along in staying at this hotel, complimentary breakfast in the morning, highs peed internet access and free lobster buffet if your a new member of players club. I really recommend this for people like me that needs works 2 jobs and goes to school and would want to do a lil get away to de-stress. My main reason of writing a review for this hotel is because I want to recognized the employees that works at the hotel. I have an issue with one of the rooms I booked. It was relayed to the Hotel Manager Ian who took the time to listen and resolve the issue for us. Customer Service is a very tough and challenging job that most people doesn't realized& recognized. He handled my issues in a very respectful & gracious manner. I know for a fact that having this kind of qualities as a manager reflects how their staff are to all the guest , which is to provide them satisfaction and above and beyond service. My friends and I would definitely come back here soon for my moms bday on September. Once again thank you very much Ian the manager, tony the frontdesk clerk, even the young bellman with glasses is super nice and the housekeeper we encountered is very friendly and down to earth.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank iluvcupcke
There are newer reviews for Valley View Casino Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was our first time staying at the hotel, having first visited the casino about three years ago. Most casino-hotels we have stayed at in the past have signs placed overhead giving directions to the hotel registration desk. Not so at this establishment. Even though the casino is not that large, there is no reason why one should have to wander around aimlessly looking for the hotel desk. Since the hotel was an afterthought to the casino, there is no entrance to the hotel portion other than walking all the way through the casino and lounge.

We arrived about one hour before the 3:00 check-in time, hoping that maybe we might get to check in a little early. The staff at the registration desk would not budge on allowing that. So, we hung around for a while and waited. The quality of the room was worth the wait.

The rooms are large and well appointed. There is a large flat-screen TV on the wall, but it appears that management did not opt for high-definition TV stations. The bathroom suffers from the same issues that we have encountered at a few other high-scale hotels that have undergone recent renovations or construction. 1. The lighting around the vanity produces a glare that makes it difficult to see what you are doing. 2. There is no towel rack for the large bath towels. 3. There are no hooks on the wall or door to hang clothing on.

Since we already had a Players Club card, the lobster buffet was not free. The cost is $32.95 per person, so I guess we were helping to subsidize the people getting the free meal. It is one of the better buffet meals, but not worth that price. However, as hotel guests, we were able to bypass the long line of people waiting to be seated. The free breakfast in the morning was a bit of a disappointment. One step above the continental breakfast at the low-scale hotels.

They advertise live entertainment in the lounge seven nights a week. We were there on a Thursday night, and the only entertainment was watching the friendly bartender mix drinks while a large and loud music video played on a screen behind him.

NOTE to casino operators around the country: We come to your establishment to gamble and be entertained. After dinner, we like to gamble for a while and then take a break in a lounge where there is live music and enjoy a few drinks. Then we will return to the casino and gamble some more before retiring late at night. Now, with lounge entertainment a thing of the past, we just go to our room early and go to bed. So, we are not spending as much time in your casino helping your profit line.

My rating for the hotel would have been "excellent" were it not for my petty gripes.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the valley. Must be why they named the place Valley View?
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Guitpicker
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I read a review on here entitled, "Surprise!" and this casino really is.

My husband and I had heard all the advertising on TV and there were also coupons in the newspaper declaring this the best lobster buffet, so we decided to check it out. They are correct. In fact, it is the best buffet we have ever had. Period. The fact that it was free when we joined the players club made it spectacular, but we noticed the ads in the paper have a coupon for $10 off our next visit, and we will definitely do that. The food was spectacular, especially the lobster, which you can keep going back for more and more. We had three apiece, and that was about right! But the rest of the buffet is also excellent. Prime rib. And the best selection of desserts I have ever seen.

The free lobster buffet was of course the best freebie, but the other surprises--free parking, free soda at several stations throughout the casino, free wi-fi (I saw on here someone said it was $25 but ours was definitely free. Don't know if that has been changed or what, but it was extremely cool--never happens in Vegas), free continental breakfast buffet that also included ham and egg sandwiches, no tax anywhere.

It is also important to note that our stay was midweek, so nothing was crowded. It was wonderful!

The room was lovely. Floor to ceiling window with a view of the mountains, and a little table and chair right there so I could email (for free!) while admiring the view. I thought the bathroom was amazing with the separate shower and bathtub. We had a problem with the tub drain, but called the desk and they took care of it. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

The infinity swimming pool is gorgeous, but even on a warm April day, it was too cold. We went in the jacuzzi instead and just relaxed, and that was spectacular. Again, it was midweek, so it was easy to get a seat by the pool (we nearly had the place to ourselves) and towels were very easy to find.

Be advised that the property is for patrons 21 and over only so there are no children or teenagers on the property at all. I am a teacher, so it was actually a nice break, but that means this is not a family destination.

Also, it is a stand alone property, so you would have to drive into the city if you wanted to do anything besides gamble, eat and hang by the pool. Or hang out in your beautiful room enjoying the free wifi! It was good for me since I just wanted to relax and it was perfect for that.

We had the best time. Everyone needs to go to Valley View Hotel and Casino at least once. The freebies are the best! Yes, we paid $89 for the room, but, since we won back virtually every cent we put in slot machines, that was just about all we paid for! And I used the free wi-fi to tell everyone I know!

Room Tip: Definitely take advantage of that free lobster buffet by joining the players club. Already a member...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cindil0uredhat
Reviewed March 12, 2013

They have added more gaming tables but this has crowed effect on the dance floor and bar area
The atmosphere as you walk in has a dark and dirty feeling, very crowed( Even on Sunday)
The room was average .
Currently a lot of construction outside which made it loud and hard to sleep

Word of warning they have a pit boss that yells at employees and patrons.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on mailing list or receive e-mails, the discounts can add up to free rooms, free food...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 7tkmcd
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arrived on a Monday on the way to San Diego, yes they have free valet parking how nice was that instead of finding your own parking, which is also free! Check in was friendly and helpfully, informed you of the free breakfast in the morning ,didn't mention that coffee was also complimentary, large rooms very nicely appointed ,very clean,huge bathroom,nice linens.the buffet was also free with your first players card,this buffet was probably on of the best meals I have had in a casino,it as kept clean and fresh the servers were polite,cheerfully and discreet, and again the food was delicious! There was nothing on my plate that was truly great! Oh did I mention the incredible view from the rooms! This hotel and casino is comparable if not better than 5 star hotels in Vegas and all major cities.my only regret is not being able to spend more time here , but I'm sure to be back in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Asiamaithai
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I were traveling home (Ventura County) from San Diego, and decided to stop over at Valley View. The casino was a little smoky from cigarettes, and we had to walk all the way through the casino to get to the hotel check in desk. They definitely need another entrance for the hotel. They did offer a free all you can eat lobster buffet, and it was the best buffet we have ever eaten! We got there right when it opened at 4 pm and there was no waiting, and plenty of food. The hotel room had a magnificent view of the mountains, was roomy, modern and sparkling clean. We booked a room for a Monday, and the charge was a reasonable $89.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high so you can get a view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1bunkogal
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for the first time for a quick weekend getaway January 12, 2013. Check-in was very easy and being first time guests the lady at the front desk mentioned she wanted to give us a nice room with a view. Our room overlooked the infinity pool and mountains. Floor to ceiling window, large sleeping area with a sitting area table, 2 chairs and couch & coffee table. Bathroom was seperated with one room vanity and large suken tub then next room shower stall and toilet. Room was clean but only thing missing is an in-room safe. You can use the downstairs safety deposit boxes, which can be inconvenient. But very clean hallways and very quiet.

Casino - busy but a large choice of slot machines and it is smoky but there is a large non-smoking area as well. And the later the evening the less the people, which I didn't expect so there was never a wait to play a machine. And there is a good assortment of machines.

Dining - being first time members you receive the lobster buffet for free. It is one of the better buffets I've been to. The food was presented very well, hot and a large choice to choose from. Each area was kept very clean and not to mention that the lobster was good! The wait was long, but well worth it. And the servers were on top of it as far as taking away plates & replenishing your soft drinks.

Breakfast the next morning is included with your room reservation. It had a nice assortment of cold/hot foods and beverages. You can eat outside around the infinity pool, but being January it was too cold. But I'm sure during the summer month's it can be quite nice.

Entertainment - they have live bands/singers playing and as the night went on people were up dancing.

Overall - definitely worth staying for a weekend getaway and hopefully you have luck at the machines!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Super 8 Escondido
Super 8 Escondido
#13 of 16 in Escondido
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Valley View Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!