“My Second B&B Review”

Black&Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino
Reserve with OpenTable
Black&Blue Steakhouse and Lounge - Valley View Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lake Wolford Road
Description: Black&Blue serves only the finest steaks, freshest seafood and most decadent desserts with first-class guest service. Start your evening with conversation over creative cocktails in the ambiance of our breathtaking 3,300 gallon saltwater aquarium at the Black&Blue Lounge, then move into our dining room to treat yourself to our famous Surf & Turf, flawlessly-grilled Cowboy Steak and more. Plus, Black&Blue Steakhouse is the only place you can play Dining For Dollars to win your steak and lobster dinner! Plus, you can now enjoy a gourmet 3-course meal from our special menu for only $40. Choose from many delicious options including Caesar salad, filet mignon and crème brûlée. Black&Blue Lounge opens at 4pm Thursday - Sunday.
Canyon Lake, California
“My Second B&B Review”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Have eaten here before and the steaks have been very good. We usually use the food coupons we receive from them in the mail. This time my Porterhouse was good but the service was not.
Without belaboring this comment, let me just go down the list on what was good and bad. Waiter started out courteous, but as my wife asked more questions about the menu I could sense some impatience creeping into his tone. His answers became quicker and shorter. The bread selection they bring to the table is excellent. The waiter had told us the fried chicken and pancakes included a half chicken but when the order arrived it appeared to be a leg and thigh connected together and a piece of boneless breast. Certainly not a half chicken as promised. To top it off, the leg had blood next to the bone. Waiter said it was probably just a vein that broke. Does this guy maybe need an education on serving chicken that is not properly cooked?
Oh, and he never brought my wife her ice water as requested early on. Final irony is they tack on an immediate 17% gratuity and then leave a line for 'additional tip'. In any case, I am compelled to give this waiter a below average but not a poor because he did make an effort to see if the chef would fry some prawns for the wife. He pretty much disappeared for most of the meal. His attitude works against the good (but pricey) steak , so I'll settle for average this time. The lady manager was very courteous on another issue of crediting the wife's account for a charge error, but I'm not sure if it was actually fixed. I forgot to mention they didn't have the wine I preferred either. I'll give Value a very good because of the food coupons that offset the cost.

• Visited April 2013

Hemet
“Good food, great view, and fun activities...”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Grab a good meal at affordable pricing. This is an easy to get to spot hidden in Valley Center, CA. Lots of parking and they now have a nice hotel for an over night stay. There is also other activities like Bates Farms in the area to visit. Your not far from Palomar Mountain and lots to see and visit there. You can make a day trip and include all of the above for a liesurely outting.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Iced Tea and Warm Bread”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Listen, you can't go wrong here. The service is great. The servers are gorgeous. You can gamble for your meal. Seriously, you can get it for FREE!

Make sure you order the iced tea. They will bring you bread and it is worth sampling all of them.

An average meal for two will cost you about 80 dollars without alcohol. They don't change their menu, so what you see is what you get.

I sincerely have nothing bad to say. GO!

• Visited April 2013
Fallbrook, California
“Always great dining”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We try to frequent Black and Blue about once a month. Service is always excellent and food well presented and good quality. As for being a steakhouse, it does not quite make it. Steaks are good, but not great and a little pricey. We actually stick with the appetizers...Lamb sliders and the custom flatbreads are amazing. The raw oysters are always fresh, as are the salads. The menu is a little limited and "tired" at this point, but a new menu is in the works. Most of the entrees are overpriced for quantity, but if you stick with the appetizers and salads you can't go wrong...oh yeah, and the desert souffles are decadent!!

• Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Not a top of the line steak house”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to valley view casino Friday the 31 for the lobster buffet. We didn't make the cut because we got there to late that night. We got there at 8 one hours and a half before closing, so we decided to go to the steak house. Since I been to the buffet before and it's "amazing" I figured the steak house was going to be great as well. BIG MISTAKE two of the filet Mignon steaks where not cooked right my ribeye steak was also over cooked and the lobster was mushy witch was wired. Appetizers where great dessert was also very good as far as for steaks no thank you (Lg's or cielo at casino morango) is way better. Wasn't the best $315 dollar tap I have had.

• Visited August 2012