“Odoriffic”

Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
“Odoriffic”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Typical Motel 6. Dirty old carpet and well used dirty beds. Paint peeling in the bathroom. Saved a bunch of money and slept in a cheap motel. The room smelled like glue. The staff was casual but nice. Water was hot.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow, driving into the parking lot was so scary and my husband mentioned it being creepy along with looking like a place for drug addicts. Once I heard the staff cursing as well and literally the smoke of marijuana around I took my children right out of there. The worst 4 minutes ever. We found a nice Marriott up the road. My safety is worth paying extra. Never again.

• Stayed July 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Nerd132 - Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We sincerely apologize for the unwelcoming environment you found upon arrival at Motel 6. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Travelers are raving about these Vallejo hotels

Medford, Oregon
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was one of the worst lodging experiences my wife and I have ever had and contributed to ruining our two-day adventure to San Francisco.

First, the bathroom and sink area were not clean -- hair on the counter and bathtub, mildew on the walls and ceiling, floor not swept, and a toilet that obviously had not been thorough cleaned in some time. The mattress was in terrible shape and the TV was circa 1980, all 16 inches of it. Isn't it time for Motel 6 to pony up for some flat screen TVs?

We requested and confirmed we had a no smoking room but it was apparent there was smoking allowed at some point. The ashtray was a good clue.

But the real kicker was the noise from other guests - or possibly non-guests - from the time we arrived about 7pm to 3 am, including what sounded like a nasty domestic between a man and a woman and a female who talked loudly and yelled incessantly. It is safe to say questionable things happen at this motel after the sun goes down.

My wife and I had planned to stay two nights here and drive into San Francisco to save money. We could not have made a bigger mistake and canceled the second night. Motel 6 should be ashamed. Please don't leave the light on for us because we are never staying here or any other Motel 6 ever again.

Room Tip: Your best bet is pass this place up entirely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear palms911 - We apologize for the comfort and cleanliness issues you encountered during your stay, as well as for the noise disturbances you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Motel is good value , but housekeeping need to be better supervision,lots of shortcuts been taken. Had toothpaste of previous guest in the sink, and carpet could use a good clean. Otherwise ok. Staff friendly and provided discount .

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

First and Foremost, I am not going to give MOTEL SIX a bad review. Why is that? A.) Given a choice between sleeping in my Miata in a Walmart Parking lot or sleeping in a MOTEL S IX, I will choose a MOTEL SIX everytime B.) $50.00 a night BAY AREA would normally rate you a 'Dumpster with a View' or perhaps a CARD BOARD BOX over a heating grate, So I salute you, Motel Six!!!

I've slept in far better hotels and I've slept in far worse (Don't get me started on BoB Supka's Space Needle Las Vegas or the Imperial Palace Hotel Casino, Las Vegas). I had a brief due in Court in 48hrs and I just needed a place to rack, shower & Shave that was near SF and reasonably priced. Since Emeryville was near by and a.) They had a FEDEX Office and b.) It was near the Food Court and BEV MORE---that meant staying at Ye Old Motel Six Maritime No.

I liked how the Staff worked with me on my stay. My first room was GROSS (some goofball fired up a bong in my non smoking room) and my second room was next to the ICE Machine (absolutely not!!!). The night clerk then gave me a double non smoking the price of a single and I slept soundly. Yes, the bathroom was GROSS but if you've EVER stay at an Army BOQ, you knew better to bring shower shoes and not to touch anything. I always pack a full set of clothes whenever I go to the gym (inc. shower shoes) so I was MOTEL SIX Certified to stay.

The second night's stay also entailed ROOM ROULETTE and on my second try, I was hooked up. I also liked the old black security guard who really took his job seriously---and given the type of Clientel Motel Six attracts, I deeply appreaciated his presence. My bed was firm, the sheets clean and the covers unsoiled---it was all in all a comfortable stay. Hey, third time's the charm!!!

Of all the MOTEL SIXES in the Bay Area, this is my favourite. First, its reasonably quiet. Second, you've got two convenience stores/gas stations within walking distance and THIRD, there is a nice, paved little mini mountain (600 meters high near an elementery school) which is great to get in a little up hill jogging before you go to sleep and FINALLY, you are about 800 meters from the Highway 80 entrance to SF/Oakland/People's Republic of Berkeyley (no lights). I highly recommend popping for the extra $3.00 for the WiFi access.

Me? If I were this HOTEL, I would have a sign inviting all the Marijuana smokers/tokers/waistoids/party-monsters & freaques to take their trips up the mountain and THEN sleep it off in their rooms. I'm just sayin'

Room Tip: Get there before 9PM/2100hrs and Audition your room before you bunk down. Motel Six is cool about sw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Debauchee69
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Non smoking room smelled terrible, bring your own room deodorizer!! Dirty bath tub and toilet. Old gross mattresses. Brought in our own blankets and pillows. You get what you pay for. Not going for the cheap stuff anymore....yuk!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

It is placed in a nice off the road location as far as it is not on the freeway. We had a room in the back with two other rooms which we all got to be together. The pool was nice. It was very inexpensive and it was clean.. The stairs worried me a little as they were creeky. No complaints for our one night stay. Not to far from marine world and even a short trip to San francisco was fit in to our schedule.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Amaple27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Budget Inn Vallejo/Napa Valley
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area

Been to Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North? Share your experiences!