“friendly staff but place is not tidy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North

Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
“friendly staff but place is not tidy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Motel is good value , but housekeeping need to be better supervision,lots of shortcuts been taken. Had toothpaste of previous guest in the sink, and carpet could use a good clean. Otherwise ok. Staff friendly and provided discount .

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Elk Grove, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

First and Foremost, I am not going to give MOTEL SIX a bad review. Why is that? A.) Given a choice between sleeping in my Miata in a Walmart Parking lot or sleeping in a MOTEL S IX, I will choose a MOTEL SIX everytime B.) $50.00 a night BAY AREA would normally rate you a 'Dumpster with a View' or perhaps a CARD BOARD BOX over a heating grate, So I salute you, Motel Six!!!

I've slept in far better hotels and I've slept in far worse (Don't get me started on BoB Supka's Space Needle Las Vegas or the Imperial Palace Hotel Casino, Las Vegas). I had a brief due in Court in 48hrs and I just needed a place to rack, shower & Shave that was near SF and reasonably priced. Since Emeryville was near by and a.) They had a FEDEX Office and b.) It was near the Food Court and BEV MORE---that meant staying at Ye Old Motel Six Maritime No.

I liked how the Staff worked with me on my stay. My first room was GROSS (some goofball fired up a bong in my non smoking room) and my second room was next to the ICE Machine (absolutely not!!!). The night clerk then gave me a double non smoking the price of a single and I slept soundly. Yes, the bathroom was GROSS but if you've EVER stay at an Army BOQ, you knew better to bring shower shoes and not to touch anything. I always pack a full set of clothes whenever I go to the gym (inc. shower shoes) so I was MOTEL SIX Certified to stay.

The second night's stay also entailed ROOM ROULETTE and on my second try, I was hooked up. I also liked the old black security guard who really took his job seriously---and given the type of Clientel Motel Six attracts, I deeply appreaciated his presence. My bed was firm, the sheets clean and the covers unsoiled---it was all in all a comfortable stay. Hey, third time's the charm!!!

Of all the MOTEL SIXES in the Bay Area, this is my favourite. First, its reasonably quiet. Second, you've got two convenience stores/gas stations within walking distance and THIRD, there is a nice, paved little mini mountain (600 meters high near an elementery school) which is great to get in a little up hill jogging before you go to sleep and FINALLY, you are about 800 meters from the Highway 80 entrance to SF/Oakland/People's Republic of Berkeyley (no lights). I highly recommend popping for the extra $3.00 for the WiFi access.

Me? If I were this HOTEL, I would have a sign inviting all the Marijuana smokers/tokers/waistoids/party-monsters & freaques to take their trips up the mountain and THEN sleep it off in their rooms. I'm just sayin'

Room Tip: Get there before 9PM/2100hrs and Audition your room before you bunk down. Motel Six is cool about sw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Debauchee69
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Non smoking room smelled terrible, bring your own room deodorizer!! Dirty bath tub and toilet. Old gross mattresses. Brought in our own blankets and pillows. You get what you pay for. Not going for the cheap stuff anymore....yuk!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Vallejo hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

It is placed in a nice off the road location as far as it is not on the freeway. We had a room in the back with two other rooms which we all got to be together. The pool was nice. It was very inexpensive and it was clean.. The stairs worried me a little as they were creeky. No complaints for our one night stay. Not to far from marine world and even a short trip to San francisco was fit in to our schedule.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Amaple27
hamilton, on
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room was really not that clean. Cleaning staff need to be told to close the door and vacuum BEHIND it.

Also, if you stay here, ask for a second floor room. We switched to the second floor after the first night because a family checked in at about 11 and were put in the room above us. We couldn't hear them speaking, but the constant walking back and forth (believe me -- no sound proofing on the floors) was enough to make sleep very difficult for me.

Ashley at the front desk was really helpful and funny -- offered us the senior rate (travelling with my sister who JUST turned 60). After a long day of travelling, this gave us a good laugh.

All-in-all, good service, and for this price you can't expect much.

Good access to Napa Valley from here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank citygirl020
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Dirty carpet, non smoking room smells like cigarettes, filthy towels, very low flow shower and sink. Super thin walls, tiny tv, no free wi Fi ( not surprised) old and outdated rooms. I'm disgusted with my husband and the owners!! With my husband more because he does not want to pay for a nicer hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
Escondido, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

I know motel 6 is redoing their rooms and making them better. I knew that his hotel was not redone yet. But I am so disgusted that the room and no shampoo or conditioner in the room. I have never ever have run into that with any motel. So when I book a motel I will ask that ahead of time. I had friendly staff in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
Staybridge Suites Fairfield Napa Valley Area
BEST WESTERN Plus Heritage Inn
Budget Inn Vallejo/Napa Valley
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom

Been to Motel 6 Vallejo - Maritime North? Share your experiences!