“Need to update appliances”

Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
“Need to update appliances”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Things needed to be fixed and updated. I was surprised that Courtyard Marriott would have subpar appliances in their room. Our fridge wasn't very cold and was told that it was as good as it gets and that all the fridges there were the same.

In addition, the TV was going out. The picture would occasionally lose its color and definition. It would look like a negative.

The rest of the room was fine. It was clean and was your typical courtyard marriott type room. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

On the bright side, the location is great if you want to go to Six Flags which is right across the street. You can hear the people screaming on the rides sometimes which is a no brainer since you are THAT close. Didn't bother me at all.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nader E, Front Office Supervisor at Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts as you are a valued guest. We understand that you have expectations and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations nor ours.

Your concerns are being addressed and taken into consideration. Our goal is to address those issues during our next renovation. We hope that on your next visit you will have a more enjoyable stay.

We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again.

Jun Enriquez
Front Office Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Turkish first
Perry, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here for 6 days and had a great time playing golf. Six flags across the street from the hotel, so this would be a good place for kids, however, I was told by the hotel staff the park only open on weekends. My room was on the front of hotel, I did not have a problem with noise from the Park. The Staff at this hotel was the best, everyone was very friendly. If you like breakfast, you will love a full breakfast bar with eggs cooked to order.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Nader E, Front Office Supervisor at Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your hotel experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you also gave us a great score. We truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Jun Enriquez
Front Office Supervisor
Carlsbad, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here one night on my way to a quick trip to Napa. There was a dog show next door at the Fairgrounds so there were dozens of dogs in the hallways,elevators, and of course rooms. When I saw this I called the front desk who informed me that ALL rooms are pet-freindly. This is great if you're travelling with your pet, not great if the probability of dog accidents or dogs just sleeping on the couch and bed creep you out a little. The elevator in particular smelled doggy. Had I known this I would have looked elsewhere. Most hotels have pet-free rooms.
The staff here are very friendly and the rooms are decent, if a little dated ( the rooms, not the staff).Bed was comfortable. The rate was probably a little high for quality.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Victoria, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We were here for a dog show and they did accept dogs in the hotel. The fairgrounds where the show was held was aprox. right behind the hotel which on mapquest didn't really show that. Takes about 2 min. in traffic to get to the fairgrounds. It's also across the street of 4 lane non busy road to get to Six Flags. We were on the 3rd floor and it was noisy during the day with people screaming however was very quite at night as we didn't go to bed before 10:00 any way. Not a problem. Our room faced the front so the roller coaster was in plain view from our room. The staff was great and the breakfast was buffet with lots of good choices. The computer was great and fast for getting our tickets for our flight the next morning when we were leaving. I would highly recommend this clean hotel and will stay here next time we come to this area. I reserve my 5 stars for those over the top places.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I didn't realize the hotel is directly across the street from six flags amusement park so it was noisy listening to the roller coasters until 10pm. Also the families with small children being noisy in the hallways was annoying. I think the hotel should have signs up in the hallways advising people that the walls are not made of concrete! The breakfast in the morning was expensive and not good, would eat elsewhere. The room was nice and modern but would not stay here again because of the other issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank queenjan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Well when my family and I went to this hotel, my family decided to go to the pool. It was at night, and my sister was walking to get a towel and the filter cut her foot and left a really really deep and bloody cut. When my mother went to the front desk the person that was running the desk didn't really know what to do and honestly did not take it "serious". My sister actually was about to get stitches but lucky she didn't. Honestly they need to fix the filter, it was not my sister's fault because the filter cover was up. Besides that, the hotel was okay. Our check in time took forever and the parking was not good.

Stayed July 2013
2 Thank 1Dforever
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed for one night and the staff were friendly, helpful, and very welcoming. My wife and I were very happy with our short stay here. We didn't take advantage of these, but there was an outdoor pool at the hotel and a Six Flags across the street. Would gladly stay again, as the staff really helped make our stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 18 in Vallejo
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley? Share your experiences!