I hit California with some friends of mine to tour the wineries in Napa (Mr. Zin's Tours rocks!) and we wound up staying a couple of nights at the Best Western in Vallejo. The room prices were reasonable which is the primary reason we chose it. Well, that and the fact that it was just down the road from Six Flags and just a little ways from Napa. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed wasn't the greatest but it was acceptable. I'd read some reviews before booking that indicated the staff was hard to deal with but I didn't have any issues with them. We called down for extra pillows and they promptly sent some up so I was happy. The area the hotel was located in was surprisingly quiet though we did run into a few transients looking for spare change on the walk over to Six Flags. Should have used the hotel's free shuttle. The wi-fi worked great for us
The desk clerk clued me in to Cha Am just down the street and I do love me some Thai food (Chicken Prawn Pad Thai, yum!). I also appreciated that the staff didn't seem to mind directing us in to the local hot spots. The breakfast was fine, though the kids had made a complete mess of the waffle machine and every surface surrounding it. The only real downer for us during our stay was the kids. Yes we knew that a hotel that close to Six Flags would be overrun with kids, we just didn't expect so many of them to be free range with no handlers in sight. Granted that's not the hotel's fault, but be prepared if you book. I would still happily stay there again though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in for a treat at this spacious Vallejo hotel where the best the Golden State has to offer is right outside your door. Six Flags® Discovery Kingdom is our neighbor, which means that you simply have to stroll across the street for a day full of fun. Want something a little more laid back? Napa Valley is also nearby, so an afternoon of wine tasting is an absolute must. This Vallejo hotel is only 15 minutes away from Napa Valley, so a cab ride is an easy choice. We're the best hotel in Vallejo for adventure seekers. The heated outdoor pool and hot tub is open year round for a little relaxation after a day of exploration. Free parking and free shuttle service to Six Flags® Discovery Kingdom are just a couple of the ways guests are treated like family. No other Vallejo hotel can compare. If you're interested in something a little different, you're in luck. Our Vallejo hotel is near several dog shows at Solano County Fairgrounds and the Jelly Belly® Factory. This is one unusual match that really works. Speed lovers delight at the NASCAR® and Indy Grand Prix at Infineon Raceway. Of course, sometimes you're traveling on business. Maybe you're taking your high school senior to check out Touro University. Maybe you're in town with Valero® Oil Refinery, Chevron Oil Refinery, or have business to take care of on Mare Island. Maybe you need to host a business meeting or event in our convenient business room. There's no reason you can't fully enjoy your stay just because you're punching the clock or writing tuition checks. Enjoy a full breakfast before starting your day - it's on us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom Hotel Vallejo
- Best Western Plus Inn And Suites At Discovery Kingdom
- Best Western Hotel Vallejo
- Best Western Vallejo
- Vallejo Best Western