Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Motel 7(Vallejo)
Priceline
Express Inn(Vallejo)
Priceline
All reviewsfree shuttlediscovery kingdomsix flagsbreakfast roomamusement parkfree breakfasthard boiled eggsnice staywould stay againpull out couchbeds were comfortablebwmuffinsnapaproximityneighborhoodfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2012

2 star rooms. 1 star service. 4 star price.

To make matters worse, they are trying to steal my money. I pre-paid for five nights in cash and decided to leave after two (because the hotel and service were terrible). They tell me I can checkout and get a refund but their policy is to mail you a check.

Sure, whatever. So I wait. Check never comes. After more than three months I call and ask about it. I'm told the general manager will call me. She never does. So I call back. I'm told the general manager is not there and they can't tell me when she will be. I speak to a supervisor (DeAndre). He is clearly familiar with the matter but still plays dumb. At first he says I'm not owed anything. Then I prove that I am and he tries to convince me it is $200 and not $300. Finally he admits I am owed $300 and says he will sort it out and call me back. He never calls me back.

Now whenever I call they say neither DeAndre or the general manager (they wont even give me her name) are available and they can't tell me when they will be. They just take my number and say they will call me back. Of course they never do.

Thieves.

Room Tip: Choose the other hotel across the street from Discovery Kingdom so you don't have to deal with the shady management and poor staff at this place.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank William F
Reviewed August 18, 2012

First impression was not good, as we arrived at about 10am (which we knew was well before check-in, but presumably 99% of their custom is people going to Six Flags for the day) and asked them if they could store our luggage whilst we went to Six Flags. The first receptionist seemed totally flabbergasted by the request, and the second explained they could not store luggage. They said we could use the car park and shuttle across to Six Flags, but this meant us leaving all our worldly possessions in the car all day. Still, the shuttle worked well, and it really only is a short walk - you have to cross a freeway slip-road but there are crossings. And our possessions were intact! On the positive side, when we returned in the late afternoon the reception staff were friendly and helpful, and the room was enormous! Two large beds and a big seating area, plus a table and chairs, fridge, microwave and counter top. We liked the fact that the hand basin and vanity consul were separate from the bathroom, it gave much more space, and was very convenient with 4 of us trying to get ready at once. This was the best of all the rooms we had on our tour round California.
As other reviewers have said, the breakfast room is very cramped and feels like a store room. But the food was perfectly fine, and I noticed lots of people taking theirs back to their rooms to eat. There is a pool which looked good, but we didn't use it. We drove to Benicia for dinner, but there are a couple of diners near the hotel.
This was an absolutely perfect place to stay for Six Flags, for one or 2 nights.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kagsy65
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Was told it was my misunderstanding but was honest and had a printed confirmation that had 2 adults and 3 small kids. With all the correct information on the printed reservation I would expect that would be the price that was quoted, but they charged more for nothing. Same room no roll in bed nothing but more $$. The worst part was I was made out to be the fool when it is the Best Western website reservation process that is not accurate.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank twtrip
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The rooms were well stocked with a very comfortable amount of space. 2 queen beds. The shower in our room tended to drip on the floor and the sink was outside of the main restroom. The continental breakfast was mediocre, but other than those issues, it was worth a stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Really nice hotel, very clean room, nice staff. The ONLY negative thing has been mentioned, get to breakfast EARLY, as after about 8:00 am the room is too packed to use. I love using my BW points, it really makes staying and getting rewards easy. The pool was clean, the hot tub was packed, which is normal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family