We chose this hotel based on its location and the fact that it claimed to be pet friendly. While pets were allowed ($35/night), there was a long list of rules including: no pets on the bed and no pets in the lobby - there was no way to get to our room without going through the lobby.
The room itself smelled bad and there were multiple stains on the carpet. One of the pillows smelled of urine. I turned the pillow in to the front desk staff, who were helpful and friendly. The front lobby was nice, so maybe the non-pet rooms are nice.
The hotel required a $75 "refundable" deposit at check-in. This was supposed to be refunded within 5 business days but has yet to be released at this time (11 business days later). When we called the hotel, they acknowledged that it had not been released yet and that she would have to check with the manager.
I would definitely not stay here again, but it may be better suited to the needs of those without pets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're in for a treat at this spacious Vallejo hotel where the best the Golden State has to offer is right outside your door. Six Flags® Discovery Kingdom is our neighbor, which means that you simply have to stroll across the street for a day full of fun. Want something a little more laid back? Napa Valley is also nearby, so an afternoon of wine tasting is an absolute must. This Vallejo hotel is only 15 minutes away from Napa Valley, so a cab ride is an easy choice. We're the best hotel in Vallejo for adventure seekers. The heated outdoor pool and hot tub is open year round for a little relaxation after a day of exploration. Free parking and free shuttle service to Six Flags® Discovery Kingdom are just a couple of the ways guests are treated like family. No other Vallejo hotel can compare. If you're interested in something a little different, you're in luck. Our Vallejo hotel is near several dog shows at Solano County Fairgrounds and the Jelly Belly® Factory. This is one unusual match that really works. Speed lovers delight at the NASCAR® and Indy Grand Prix at Infineon Raceway. Of course, sometimes you're traveling on business. Maybe you're taking your high school senior to check out Touro University. Maybe you're in town with Valero® Oil Refinery, Chevron Oil Refinery, or have business to take care of on Mare Island. Maybe you need to host a business meeting or event in our convenient business room. There's no reason you can't fully enjoy your stay just because you're punching the clock or writing tuition checks. Enjoy a full breakfast before starting your day - it's on us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom Hotel Vallejo
- Best Western Plus Inn And Suites At Discovery Kingdom
- Best Western Hotel Vallejo
- Best Western Vallejo
- Vallejo Best Western