Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vallejo/Near Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Albany, Oregon
“Hotel needs help”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked this hotel based on location and the shuttle service to Six Flags. When we arrived the room seemed ok but got worse from there. The back of the TV was taking apart and my son and I had to put it back together. The was a smoke alarm thrown out the window and the beeping was keeping me up. I informed the Mgmt the needed to look into it and remove it(maybe put it where it goes)...didn't happen I had to crawl through the bushes to get it...I left it on the steps by the office. The shuttle was a joke...it was an hour late to take us to the park then when we were supposed to be picked up at 9pm we waited until 930 and called. We were told they couldn't reach anyone to get ..so sorry YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN...really. had to take a cab. Pool was dirty....bags of trash (like 25 of 30) behind hotel. Very disappointed Howard Johnson has always be a good place to stay but this one is in some need of serious help.

Room Tip: good luck all seem shabby
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Moon J, Owner at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vallejo/Near Discovery Kingdom, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Mike,

We're truly sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We take the safety and well-being of our customers very seriously. Accordingly, we'll make sure all our smoke alarms are properly installed and functioning. We also apologize for the shuttle service. We completely understand how frustrating it is to rely on the shuttle, only to be told later that it's unavailable. We'll be sure to look into why the shuttle wasn't ready that night. Hopefully, we'll be able to better serve our guests going forward.

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pleasanton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday, but was so disappointed, the rooms were dirty and outdated, carpet was dirty, breakfast was empty by 9:00, for the price I payed I was expecting more or at least a clean room!!! The bedspread had hairs all over and I am not exaggerating, just mention this for future guest so you would look at room first.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same, stay somewhere else
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Leonore,

We're so sorry to hear you were so disappointed. We completely agree that it's unacceptable to discover hair all over your bedspread. Do you mind letting us know which room you stayed in? We want to make sure it's properly cleaned right away.

manteca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Well lets see where do I start?
I had rented a business suite for my sister and I we planned on spending the day at six flags.
First suite had a cut phone cord and no sofa with the pull out bed. Down to the office I go to see if we can get another room (this supposedly was the last room available). We were moved from our room to room 238. This room appeared to be better and we were satisfied until we returned in the early morning hours after a day at six flags. I tried my room key and it didnt work. I went back to the office and was told that there was no record of me checking into that room. I stated that wasnt my problem my belongings were in the room so obviousaly I had a key and was in the room. I was then told that my belongings werent in the room they had been removed by the owner and put in the office. WHAT?????? I didnt give anyone permission to move my belongings. Now mind you the hotel has no vacancy yet we were put back into Room 238 the same room we had our belongings removed from. At this point its almost 1 am. We get back to the room and undo the couch to prep for bed and cellophane baggies with powdered substance came out of the blankets and in the desk drawer was a package of condoms. Now im IRATE!!! I go back to the front desk because im not staying in a room where it seems they rent it out hourly for other purposes and then put guests into it afterwards. Seems odd to me we had our belongings moved out of that room so it could be occupied by another party? Anyhow I will never in my life stay at any hotel in this chain id rather sleep in the car.
We left that night and im hoping that charges are reversed to my credit card.

1 Thank angelbaby5353
Hi Melinda,

We know we already wrote to each other on Yelp, but we wanted to apologize for your experience on TripAdvisor as well. If you'd like to discuss your concerns directly with us, please call us at (707) 643-1061.

San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The staff was very nice. The breakfast was good. The room was dirty. Some of the walls were dirty, the carpet had several stains, the carpet was separated from the wall in one place, The curtains did not close tightly. There was not remote for the tv. And no elevator.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Hi Elizabeth,

While we're glad you found our service friendly, we're sorry to hear you thought your room was dirty. We want to do what we can to make sure our guests enjoy a comfortable and pleasant stay. Do you mind letting us know what room you stayed in? We want to make sure it's properly cleaned as soon as possible.