“The staff was very friendly but the room was not very...”

Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vallejo/Near Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Vallejo
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly but the room was not very clean. It was never vacuumed the entire time we were there and I don't even think it was vacuumed before! Toilet didn't work very well. Not happy with me experience there . Will not stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
HOJOVALLEJO, Director of Sales at Howard Johnson Inn and Suites Vallejo/Near Discovery Kingdom, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

I am sorry to hear that your stay was unsatisfactory. I would like to get more information about your stay if you would please contact us so that we may address these issues. If I could get your room number and date of stay I would be able to track the housekeeper responsible for cleaning your room. We will take steps necessary to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please e-mail me at sales@howardjohnsonvallejo.com. If there is anything we can do to change your mind about staying here again please let us know.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Staying there was a nightmare all around. Room was not very clean and had an indescribable odor. Shuttle service to Six Flags allegedly broke down while my family was waiting to go to the park. Ended up having to pay to park and was told I would get reimbursed However after getting the run around several times I was only reimbursed half of the cost for parking. The breakfast was not as described nor did any of the food they did have look desirable so we chose to eat elsewhere. As it turned out I ended up paying more for the stay there than I would have if I stayed at the courtyard by the park. However they did let me check in early so there was something positive about the stay. The do have a sign in the lobby stating there are no refunds on the rooms so speculate many people are not satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

I apologize about the inconvenience you had during your stay. It is unfortunate that the shuttle was not running the day of your stay, our guests safety if very important to us so when we notice anything strange with the van that we use we take it to be serviced right away instead of taking the risk of an accident. I also apologize for the miscommunication with getting your parking fee reimbursed. This is why we have posted a no refund policy on our lobby, so that our guest doesn't ask our front desk personnel for any refund because they are not authorized to do so. The management was not aware of this agreement but to meet you halfway we have decided to return at least half of the cost of the parking. We will work better in insuring our van is guest ready on the park's operating days. Thank you for staying with us. If you would give us the chance to serve you again I would like to offer a special rate for your next stay. Just send me an e-mail at sales@howardjohnsonvallejo.com.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed two night with my 3 kids. The rooms were basic, but they did have a microwave and refrigerator. Very nice to have when you have kids in the room. The bedding did have some stains on them, but they were clean. We were there on a windy day and there was a draft in the door so the room was a little bit cold. The only thing I could say bad about the room was there was a smell of mold in the room. I have a very sensitive nose and can smell everything. I didn't bother me though. Overall great stay!!! Will be coming back in the summer to stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. We would love to have you stay with us again. If there is anything I can do to help make sure your next stay would be better than this one please contact me at sales@howardjohnsonvallejo.com. I would love to hear from you! Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Reviewed April 7, 2013

The worst place to stay EVER! I have been in many hotels but this is the worst. Stains on carpet, sink clogged, nasty smell, horrible bedding n furniture is so out dated with decor. I will NEVER stay here again even if given to me as free stay. They charged me $216.00 dollars for one night stay n i felt like I was in a dump. Don't even think about taking your kids to this. They might need shorts or antibiotics after that. Nasty

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank shareena002

I am sorry to hear that your stay was this bad. However, we have never charged any guest $216 for a one night stay even if there was any special event going on. If you could please contact us so that we can get more information like the room number and date of stay so that we can speak to the housekeeper assigned to clean your room. We will take necessary actions to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I called down to reception for extra pillows I was told to come and get them myself. The exterior was unkept and overgrown. I was uncomfortable leaving the room after dark. The shuttle was not working and was suppose to be part of the package. In turn I was charged as additional 20.00 in parking.

• Stayed: April 2013