“Damper on a Girls weekend”

Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Vallejo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am a travel agent and when I found this hotel in Vallejo I was happy because it was a Ramada and was at a great price. Boy was I disappointed! The lobby was extreemly out dated and had a funny smell. Although we requested a non-smoking room we were given a smoking room. The lighting in the room was ok but the hit of the night was the single lightbulb with no covering hanging from the celing. Apparently we were supposed to have tickets to the contentental breakfast but were not given tickets at check-in. I will think twice before booking a Ramada hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
There are newer reviews for Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our group had a recent Board meeting in Vallejo, CA which required an over night stay, and made reservations for 5 or 6 rooms at the Ramada Inn in Vallejo. We were not informed that a $100 deposit (per room) could be required. Credit card would not be refunded for a couple days after the stay so I opted to pay the fee in cash. At check out I was told my refund could not be made until 10 AM when the manager would issue a check. No way! I insisted that the manage be called and my cash be refunded at once. The Desk Clerk, Beth Torez, handled it as well as she could and I felt sorry I had to be so firm with her. The manager hung up on her, but did hand her the envelope with the cash. I have business in Vallejo again at the end of the month, but no I will be staying in another hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were here for the Tour of Napa bike ride 2 weeks back. The overnight stay was good , the management provided us with continental breakfast very early in the morning. The place is not too classy and value for money and it is pretty close to the starting point of Tour of Napa, just in case someone plans to do the biking tour.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is more like a motel. The rooms are filty dirty. I wouldn't walk on the carpet with bare feet in fear of contracting a virus or bacteria of some sort. The hotel is very, very run down. Anyone who rated this hotel 4 and 5 stars either lives in a tent or they are employees trying to boost ratings. Thankfully I am here for business and am getting reimbursed. If I had my child with me I would NEVER let her stay in this room. I purchased my own blankets at the nearby Target and thankfully brought my own pillows. I have stayed in a lot of hotels both nice and not so nice and am not picky at all. This place makes Super 8 and Budget Inn look like 5 star hotels. For the extra $20 a night I recommend Best Western.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jmysticm
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The motel is loud and sticky and just needs a lot of maintenance, a good coat of paint, landscaping and generally, a huge overhaul. Although it has a large pool, jacuzzi, free wi-fi and breakfast (all things we wanted) the motel rooms felt small and the building and grounds were not being tended to. Dirty elevator, peeling paint, etc. For the price, the motel was not great. We didn't spend a lot of time there, but the evenings we did felt cramped and noisy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

the room was poorly kept had writing all over the door from some kids the bed absolutely killed our backs didn't sleep well at all and the bottom of the pool had green spots not kept up very well. they should have payed me to stay their

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel false advertises a certain price on the website and then surprise your guests either once they check-in or once they have already stayed there one night.

At check-in you charge the card for the entire stay amount then you turn around and try to charge an additional $100 for a so-called security deposit that your employees do not informs the guests upon checking in and that your website does not inform of when making the reservation.

Once I complained to the Manager the employee did not admit to her error and tried to blame my husband and I. She also tried to say that she tried calling us but could not tell us when she attempted to call

Their staff needs to get better educated on how to interact and treat customers.

I would not recommend this hotel for any future stay. That issue just ruined my entire stay.

Room Tip: "Read the reviews"
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
Regency Inn
Regency Inn
#5 of 17 in Vallejo
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Napa Valley - American Canyon

Been to Ramada Vallejo Near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom? Share your experiences!