“Super 8 Vallejo was great!”

Super 8 Vallejo/Napa Valley
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Beautiful Green Oregon
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I took an entire week of researching hotels/motels visiting every popular site I could think of to get an idea of where we should stay when we visited 6-Flags Discovery Kingdom for my sons birthday before finally settling on Super 8, I read so many reviews on so many hotels that I actually got amenities mixed up and thought this one had a pool (which it doesn't Lol) but the evenings were so cool by the time we got back from the theme park that it wasn't a necessity after-all, the hotel itself is RIGHT off the fwy so exit cautiously and expect the entrance to be just around the corner. The staff when we arrived where AMAZINGLY friendly even when we were a late arrival, we first encountered Jeanette (I hope I spelled it right) who went as far as finding out where a small beach was for us to visit and even printed me out the directions on how to get there, David who is the general manager was also very friendly and went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. The rooms were a GREAT surprise, we stayed in a non smoking 3rd floor room that was clean, great size with two comfortable, high, firm beds and a balcony which was a NICE added bonus :) the large flat screened TV was a nice touch but the volume was not great at all, we had it up to 39-40 for a comfortable yet quite sound which again is no big deal but I thought it should be mentioned, the street noise may have had a "bit" to do with it because you can hear it from inside the room but it wasn't overwhelming at all so we had NO PROBLEM falling asleep :) The room also came with a microwave, mini fridge, and coffee maker (which took me a bit to figure out how to use it since it uses cups and not a carafe like most coffee makers, bathroom was clean and well stocked, water pressure was great and towels were NORMAL sized! (I read an untrue review that said the towels were very small, The way I see it.. if you need a BEACH towel to dry yourself off with then pack one :) I cannot comment on the free breakfast because we never went to check it out, there is an AMAZING Mexican food store just across the street that has dine-in tables and some of the most DELICIOUS food we could have asked for with a 10+ variety section of fresh fruit drinks that were delicious as well, although if you're not into spicy foods there are a few burger places close by to suit your needs, but I do HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Mexican food store. All in all, our stay with Super 8 Vallejo was a total HIT! We stayed during 4th of July and enjoyed ourselves very much, both my husband and my son gave me two enthusiastic thumbs up and said I made a GREAT choice in hotel. (What Wife and Mother doesn't like to hear that! Lol) NOTE to other former guests leaving reviews.. Please adjust your reviews accordingly, I have read ridiculously bad reviews on this place because of petty things, This is Super 8 people NOT the Beverly Hills Hilton or a Tropical resort on a deserted island, you wont find animal shaped towels with gourmet chocolates on your bed, bathrobes in the closet, nor marble floors, you may on the other hand hear vehicles passing by, people talking in hallways an from adjoining rooms, the elevator might be a little quirky at times, and the AC might be a little loud, but it is a great stay for the price :) Check-out time was 11am and I believe the gals name was "Rosa?"(apologies if I got her name wrong) helped me checkout without a problem and with a super friendly smile on her face, she thanked us for our stay and invited us back anytime. Don't you worry about that pretty lady... This Oregon family WILL be back very soon so save a room for us :) Thanks again for a GREAT stay!

Room Tip: Hotel entrance is right off the freeway so be cautious not to miss it. Hotel has older glass view el...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank R N
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
+ decent price
+ fairly new rooms with good space

Pros/cons?
+/- breakfast is very basic, not the worst I have seen, but far from great

Cons:
- right by the freeway, so some rooms will have major noise issues
- we were given a room that wasn't cleared and cleaned yet, and had to wait about two hours before we were able to get access to our room; not really a great way to start your stay!
- not a lot of things to do if you're not sleeping (i.e. no pool etc.)
- we booked this believing we could get some of the Wine tours to pick us up on the way to Napa, but they didn't do this service in Vallejo - so we ended up driving and putting together our own tour (which worked out great)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Oslolosen
Whittier
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The room was very clean, the location has easy access to freeways, free Wi-Fi, the staff was friendly, and the continental breakfast was decent. Not a luxury hotel but great for resting. I would come back even with noisy elevator! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family