“Ugh! Run, don't walk away.”
Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
NW
“Ugh! Run, don't walk away.”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We chose this place out of a lodging coupon magazine. What a mistake. To start with, the lobby door was locked. That should have been the first warning that we were not in a good neighborhood. After ringing the buzzer, I was let in the door, only to talk with the desk clerk behind glass. That should have been my final warning to leave. But no, we were tired and wanted to rest. Our room was not good, and very small, but as mentioned before, we were very tired of driving. The next morning as we packed the car, I went to the ice machine for ice to keep my insulin cold. Mind you, I was not filling up a huge ice chest, only getting enough to keep my medicine. All of a sudden, two maids were shouting something at me and asking what my room number was. Surprised, I told them. So I will be checking my statement to make sure there is not an extra charge. I told the maids that I needed a little ice for my insulin, and they offered to get me an ice bucket. Oh, yes, there had been no ice bucket in my room. They gave me a 'bucket' that would hold about 12 ounces and was more like a drink cup. Fine. Message received. There are better places to stay for a reasonable fee in better neighborhoods. DO NOT bring your children here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Hebrew first
Grass Valley, California
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We decided to take a last minute trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom,we went down to Vallejo and checked out a couple of motels .After looking at some rooms we decided to stay at the Regency Inn .Mostly cause it was clean and affordable .The kids had a good time at the pool.We enjoyed the hot tub .Overall it was a nice weekend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Vijay P
california
Reviewed October 28, 2008

We ordered a package deal with six flag tickets and 3 night stay at this hotel for almost $600. It was very pricey considering the hotel was so awful!!!! On the internet, it looked nice. We had 2 queen beds which were tiny queen beds and rock solid. I woke up with my back hurting so badly every morning, hardly able to move, The first morning we went swimming, 2 adults and my teen son the owners complained we were making too much noise in the pool, so no fun allowed in the pool : ( Mind you our room was next door to the pool. Couldn't get towels to go swimming. The owners were very rude to us our entire stay and didn't accomodate to our needs at all. Bathroom and tub were tiny, could hardly move. The room smelt very musty and I have asthma and the owners were not willing to relocate us to a different room soon after we checked in. The neighborhood was also very ghetto, a shady part of town. I do not recommend this hotel at all for the owners were not accomodating and the price too high.

• Liked — within driving distance to amusement park
  • Disliked — not accomodating
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank heat1993
Burney, California
Reviewed July 4, 2005

I was not impressed by this place. The room was tiny, the bed was hard and uncomfortable. The bathroom was huge, but the odd thing was that the sink was tiny...there was no space for my belongings and the shower was small. Just a lot of wasted space I think they could have designed it better. There was a little fridge in the room which was nice, but the walls were thin and the neighbors woke us up constantly. I feel it was a little bit pricey for the accomodations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vallejo
Courtyard Vallejo Napa Valley
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#6 of 18 in Vallejo
Inn & Suites At Discovery Kingdom
Americas Best Value Inn Six Flags/Vallejo/Napa Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Spa Napa Valley - American Canyon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Napa American Canyon

Been to Regency Inn? Share your experiences!