“Horrible experience”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here during BottleRock last weekend and had a good experience for the price.

The room I was in was recently refurnished-- comparable to maybe a 2.5-3.5 star-- new furniture, carpet, etc. Bathroom very clean for a roadside motel, no complaints there.

Nothing special about the mattress or linens, but I'm not picky. Bed was clean and inviting after a night of partying, though.

No attitude from the manager despite rolling up at 4am, nor from the maid for checking out at noon. On turning my key in I agreed to write a review.

Maybe it'll turn out some algorithm said I'd be likely to leave a review so they gave me the one good room or something, but hey- at least these guys are trying.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Vallejo, California, United States
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Filthy, nasty, dirty, weak wifi signal, cheap litrally! Broken dresser tops, draft through door is unbarable, loud, smelly, drains are all cloggeged, light fixures filthy, rude attitude behind desk!
Heater filter is smelly and dirty when turned on it stinks! Under the bed was not even cleaned!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We ended up here by chance a the motel we booked was already overcrowded and they moved us there. Rooms were really dirty, we had only one big towel and would hardly touch anything in the room. The only nice aspect of it was the service, lady at the reception was really nice. Will not be back thought for sure...

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mike D
Mariposa, California
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I attemped to call the hotel the night before to varify the information for my reservation and there was no answer. Once we arrived I relised why that way the family who run the place must have been sleeping as they live on the property. No big deal. Check in was fairly quick however most choice hotels offer a breakfast in the morning when they were asked about it they said we dont do breakfast we only have coffee. In the room however on the paper in the room it states that breakfast in Complimentary in the lobby from 7-10am. The walls are paper thin and the bed by the door is nothing but springs with a thin cover of materal on it I am still sleeping in the bed as i dont want the kids near the door. There are no smoke alarms in the room at all. 2 somewhat patched holes in the wall that not only looks tacky but a little scary as well. the bath tub is chiped badly at least the bedding looks clean. I just hope that we are getting the bad taken care of for the rest of the trip now I dont know how much more i will be able to take.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christopher S
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked an inexpensive room here as it was only a few blocks from the friend I was visiting. Room was supposed to be non-smoking, but cigarette smoke was immediate after entering the room. Even the bedspread smelled of cigarette smoke. The floor looks very nice - until you find the bottom of your feet are black after walking on the floor. The small clothes closet area had no hangers. The bath tub had no stopper which meant not being able to take a bath. When I checked out the next morning, at 730am, a sign on the door said "use night window". I pressed the "night bell" three times and waited five whole minutes, but no one came to the window. I eventually pushed my plastic room key card under the slot and left. Very surprised this property is under the Choice Hotels umbrella.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank Mr. Scottie
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is by far the worst place to stay, it smells, phone doesn't work, tv remote is missing, buttons for it are also missing. Toilet doesn't flush! Quiet honestly I don't want to see what's under the blanket, and least but not least the people staying next to us are harassing my boyfriend and stole his phone!

• Stayed January 2013