“Bad news from the start” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Vallejo
Mariposa, California
“Bad news from the start”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I attemped to call the hotel the night before to varify the information for my reservation and there was no answer. Once we arrived I relised why that way the family who run the place must have been sleeping as they live on the property. No big deal. Check in was fairly quick however most choice hotels offer a breakfast in the morning when they were asked about it they said we dont do breakfast we only have coffee. In the room however on the paper in the room it states that breakfast in Complimentary in the lobby from 7-10am. The walls are paper thin and the bed by the door is nothing but springs with a thin cover of materal on it I am still sleeping in the bed as i dont want the kids near the door. There are no smoke alarms in the room at all. 2 somewhat patched holes in the wall that not only looks tacky but a little scary as well. the bath tub is chiped badly at least the bedding looks clean. I just hope that we are getting the bad taken care of for the rest of the trip now I dont know how much more i will be able to take.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christopher S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Morrow, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Booked an inexpensive room here as it was only a few blocks from the friend I was visiting. Room was supposed to be non-smoking, but cigarette smoke was immediate after entering the room. Even the bedspread smelled of cigarette smoke. The floor looks very nice - until you find the bottom of your feet are black after walking on the floor. The small clothes closet area had no hangers. The bath tub had no stopper which meant not being able to take a bath. When I checked out the next morning, at 730am, a sign on the door said "use night window". I pressed the "night bell" three times and waited five whole minutes, but no one came to the window. I eventually pushed my plastic room key card under the slot and left. Very surprised this property is under the Choice Hotels umbrella.

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank Mr. Scottie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is by far the worst place to stay, it smells, phone doesn't work, tv remote is missing, buttons for it are also missing. Toilet doesn't flush! Quiet honestly I don't want to see what's under the blanket, and least but not least the people staying next to us are harassing my boyfriend and stole his phone!

• Stayed January 2013
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our stay was great. we checkin really late because the hotel we had booked gave away our reservations. We had got 2 beds on ground floor. one thing i really likedwas that we could park right in fron of our doors so it made it really easy to unload all our crap. The front desk girl audra was nice and really know the spots in vallejo. Love that in the morning they had coffee and some pastrys. great clean place. love the new remodaling them done with the place

Room Tip: We had room 205 great room, wifi new beds and carpet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
monrovia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I wish I could give it a negative but I can't. Even though I book for two days I come back the second day (after leaving my luggage in the room) and see an old guy coming out of my room. I tell the person there (not high in the intelligence level) and she doesnot what is going on. I show them my booking confirmation page which clearly says TWO DAYS. She gives me a disgusting room wreaking of tobacco. With the phone not operating. I got back she gives me another room. Upstairs (even though when I booked for two days I requested a downstairs room) So I move my car go upstairs and the key card doesnt work. I go back to her, (now locatged on the other end of the parking lot and I have a bad knee. To tell her that. She decides AGAIN to give me a room downstairs (what happen you forgot there was a non smoking empty room?! So I go there. I is so disgusting, the lights dont work but the one in the bathroom and it makes this horrible ear screeting humming sound. The bathroom looked trashy with cheap boards around the tob and towel rack ripped off. The bed was so uncomfortable I doubt I had any sleep that night. I called clerk to get the password for the internet, but she never answered the phone no matter how many times I tried. I called her on my cell still no answer. I gave up, stuck in earplugs, and couldn't wait till the night was over to leave this disgusting place. This is a perfect kind of place for crack heads to sell their wares, but not for anyone in their right minds to want to stay the night.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Fresno
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Worst place for a family to stay.
1. The entire room felt sticky.
2. My wife was concerned that the door locks not completely secure. The door frame looked like it was poorly repaired and that the door knob didn't shut completely.
3. The room phone wasn't working. The TV remote was missing.
4. No microwave and refrigerator was in the room.
> I had to go to the front desk to report the missing TV remote and requested a microwave and ref.
> The replacement remote didn't work! No microwave or ref was provided the following day!
5. Loud yelling and presumably a party going on upstairs at...4:30am! Woke up the family and rushed our checked to get to a safer place...home which is 3.5 hours.
6. Here's the kicker...the front office double charged our booking! They weren't supposed to charge our CC because they already had the charge from the booking agent's GC cc card!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I have no problem staying in 1-2 star hotels to save some money, but this place was foul. The neighborhood is bad and the motel looks rundown. I didn't feel particularly safe staying there, but thought I would at least check out the room. My husband and I took one look and turned the key right back in. The room looked like the beds had been made, but all other cleaning forgotten about. There were suspicious stains on the floor, dried pizza sauce on the dresser, the room smelled potently of cigarettes, and the smoke alarm battery kept beeping at us.
The bad news was that I couldn't get my money refunded from Hotwire because the hotel said they had no record of when I turned the key in and told Hotwire the room had been used for the night. Relax Inn said I hadn't made a complaint about the room (the staff at the desk said I needed to talk to Hotwire about cancelling my reservation and said I didn't have to sign anything to check back out). Now I'm stuck with the hotel charge for a room too nasty to stay in because I couldn't get through to customer service with Hotwire's ridiculously long wait time and sending an email of complaint was not an acceptable form of communication per Hotwire. Bottom line - pay the extra money to stay anywhere else but here and avoid using Hotwire.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple