“Nice out-of-the-way casual seafood cafe!”
Review of Sardine Can

Dining options: Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: G Street
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stopped here while in Vallejo based on overhearing comments by another couple dinning near us the night before. Not dissapointed. My wife and I both had the Seafood platter. Portions plenty for us and the shrimps, oysters, scallops and hallibut were cooked perfectly. Very casual atmosphere and advertises Jazz on the weekends.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Food and atmosphere are good. They have a jazz ensemble on Sunday evenings which is fun. Servers can be slow and distracted at times.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

offer Jazz on the weekends in the spring/summer. Nice view of the marina. Food is good, not amazing, but reasonably priced. Love the crab sandwich. Didn't care for the blackened tilapia!

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Decent "hole in the wall" place with seafood and sandwiches/salads. Moderately priced. Service can be a little on the slow side. We've eaten there about 4 times now.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

A neighbor told me this local spot had just expanded the menu with more fresh seafood so we decided to try it out. Very disapointing as it seemed both dishes had what appeared to be canned crab. I'm a big cioppino fan so thats what I ordered. Looked and tasted like they oppened a can of diced tomatoes and added some seafood, warmed and served. No spice or flavor to speak of, topped with minced crab. No crab cracker or pick required for this dish. My wife ordered a crab salad which came with a ice cream scoup of the same minced crab salad on top of greens. Once again disapointing. I guess my recomendation would be stick with a burger or fish and chips, which dont require much in the way of creativity or skill.

1  Thank stlsurgn

Been to Sardine Can? Share your experiences!