“Fun winery”

Irish Vineyards Winery
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Vallecito
More attraction details
Owner description: Fabulous tasting room open to the public. Open weekends and most weekdays. Premier wines, tours on Saturday, picnic area, park, fire pit and so much more. Within minutes of Murphys, California.
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Lovely family winery on Highway 4 near Mrphys with pourers who know their stuff. Nice wines from an entrepeneur who is always trying new and interesting things. And in the summer, concerts in the yard! How fun is that? Buy a glass or bottle of wine and, last time we were there, some lovely catered Mexican foods, put your camp chair on the grass, and enjoy.

1  Thank namsmom

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Not too friendly...the wine seemed a little pricey.

2  Thank sue k
Reviewed May 17, 2010

We have been Irish Vineyards wine club members for at least 5 years. They have no bad wine, every one you taste you will love. Russell has a passion for making good wine, and there winery is a family winery. His mom and dad in the tasting room serving you and sometimes you even get his beautiful wife it is a real down home treat, they are all wonderful friendly people. I hand out there card all the time and people tell me they come home with at least a case of wine, even the people who said they were not big wine drinkers. When you go there and you must make it a point to do so you will have the wine experience of your life. Take a picnic and eat in there patio and enjoy a bottle of wine, it will make for a beautiful day.

Reviewed February 18, 2009

I was visiting friends who live in Murphys and one day we toured several wineries. Irish was the first of the day. I had no plans on buying wine first thing in the AM, but was impressed by some of the wines and bought 2 bottles of several offerings. Now that I am home and have let the wine rest since I traveled 3000 miles in the car, over several mountain passes etc! OH MY GOD!!!
The 2005 Petite Sirah,I can't say enough, the Ruby Port....Holly Crap, I have died and gone to heaven. Nice wine related words, Right? These are great wines! Thank you so much for makiing them!!!

1  Thank mzbehaven1
Reviewed December 20, 2008

This has got to be some of the best wines I have ever had. The atmosphere, wine, winery dogs and people are great. Russell is so fun. We had a great time. A must see.

1  Thank winedrinker1