“Great Waffles”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Country Waffles
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a terrific Breakfast place. The waffles are definitely what they are known for and they are very good, but they also have everything else you could ever want for breakfast. Hearty helpings and delicious topping choices for the waffles. Good service.

There are newer reviews for Country Waffles

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is a great choice for breakfast. The food is really good, and their service is excellent.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I take my twin boys to eat at Country Waffles every Sunday morning for breakfast. The food is good plain fare. Cooked well and generous portions. I find the staff very friendly and attentive. We are never searching for our waitress and the coffee flows freely. I rate this restaurant high in my book as a great place for breakfast.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Arriving at 9:00 A.M. to meet friends, there were still a few tables available. The menu choice for breakfast was quite good and it was hard to decide which route to take. Several of us chose the senior menu which was reasonably priced in this economy. There was nothing special about the decor and the walls were covered with cute children's photos. The food was not special but very adequate. The person who ordered the French crepes with blueberries did not eat the second crepe because the berries and syrup were too sweet. The place soon filled up with people, especially those with small children or groups of older people. The waitresses were efficient and Grandma in particular was very friendly.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I feel that way about Country Waffles. I really want to like the food, but I don't. It's just not my sort of food.

Strangely, I like the atmosphere - it's like I've gone back to the early 70's. Very nostalgic. Except when I hung out at the old Colony Kitchen in Fairfield (which this place reminds me of), I don't remember the carpet sweeper ever showing up right next to my table. It's great to see Country Waffle's carpet being kept clean, but that carpet sweeper has been prominently featured every time I've visited. (Maybe it's the time of day I've gone?) It's one of those manual push/pull style sweepers and its really really distracting when you're trying to enjoy a conversation.

But I digress! Getting back to my reference to "There's someone for everyone," I *KNOW* there are folks who will really really love Country Waffles. I happen to personally know 2 people who do, and they are wonderful people.

So don't be afraid to try Country Waffles, it could be the perfect fit for you! Not all restaurants need to be amazing. Comfy and non-pretentious can be good, too. And really, I do like that 70's vibe. =)