“Great stop for a quick breakfast”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #61 of 193 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Ladera Ranch, California
“Great stop for a quick breakfast”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Panera is one of my favorite breakfast chains because you can get a great breakfast, very fast and be on your way. We visit them when traveling a lot. This morning we stopped in at the Nut Tree location and were not disappointed. I had my usual the spinach and artichoke soufflé. It is delicious! My husband always orders a cinnamon roll with his breakfast and it too was delicious. The food, if made to be ordered comes very quickly and is always very fresh. At this location, your made to order items are delivered to your table...no waiting at the counter for them. The restaurants are always clean. To go I like to take some pumpkin muffins for later.

• Visited April 2013

Palm Springs, California
“Tasty Sandwiches”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Don't we just love Panera! Good catering, food is delicious. We always look for an Panera to cater all our client business meetings.

Visited March 2013
San Jose, California
“Panera Bread isn't what it used to be”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I first discovered Panera Bread a few years back, I thought that this was one of the best fast food restaurants around. But recently Panera has slipped off the pedestal I had put it it on previously.

First, the bread remains excellent. Their sandwiches are greatly enhanced by their bread. But I realized today that their food is prepackaged rather than being cooked fresh. My wife ordered the spinich salad, and the toppings (mushrooms, hard boiled eggs, onion chips, and bacon bits) had been prepackaged and dumped onto the fresh spinich. While the dressing was quite good and the spinish was fresh, the toppings -- and especially the mushrooms -- tasted old. The French onion soup was mediocre at best, and again tasted like it had been warmed up from a preprepared batch made days or weeks earlier.

My Sierra turkey sandwich was OK, but again it seems like the ingredients have sat around for awhile. The lettuce on the sandwich was not the freshest, and a bit tough. I have notices that some of the sandwiches are rather sloppily put together, with all of the meat on one side of the sandwich, and no meat on the other side. This indicates to me that the preparers are unwrapping prepackaged ingredients and slapping them on the sandwich.

I ordered the broccoli cheese soup, but was served the French onion soup; even though the order taker got it correct on the bill, the server got it wrong and had to correct her mistake. The soup was fine.

We also ordered a cookie which was priced at $2.25, but was on special for $0.99. Well it was barely worth the $.99. It looked like it was frosted, but in actuality had an eatible decal on top of the cookie. It was mediocre.

We had debated if we should go to Panera Bread or to Black Bear Diner, and I think we made the wrong decision. For the price we paid, we could have eaten at Black Bear Diner for close to the same price. I think that we will be bypassing Panera Bread establishments for awhile and let them fix the problems they currently have. We'll try it again in perhaps 6 months, but if it does not markedly improve, we won't be Panera Bread faithfuls any longer.

“Good for Breakfast or Lunch”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Egg quiches and baked goodies for breakfast. Sandwiches and soup for lunch. Can't go wrong with either. Coffee is great. Good choice when you are hungry.

Visited June 2012
Northern California
“Try Panera for Breakfast”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Panera's Bread in Vacaville is located in the Nut Tree Plaza. Lots of folks seem to get off the I-80 fwy. for a quick break here. It's smaller than many other Panera restaurants and can get busy and crowded if you go during peak times.

You don't have to just get pastries, bagels or rolls for breakfast. You can, but the breakfast sandwich on various breads and bagels is much more satisfying. Breakfast sandwiches are made-to-order so if you'd like it sans an ingredient, no prob. Breakfast hours offer individually-sized souffles, as well.

Coffee drinks are adequate, but I prefer to grab a cup of Pete's Coffee which is just on the other side of the parking lot. Service could be improved. The skill of the employees taking orders, bagging or plating pastry and bagel orders, and taking payment is not consistent. A few are very efficient, friendly and accurate and I'm so happy to see them. Most others need to hear the order 2 or 3 times, and repeat it back incorrectly the first and/or second time. (Maybe there should be employee tests for auditory receptive skills.) It's somewhat frustrating early in the morning, but the end-product makes it worthwhile.

• Visited January 2012