“Excellent Mexican food in Vacaville”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pelayo's Mexican Food
Ranked #82 of 193 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 5, 2012

My brother and I stopped by here for dinner as we were heading out of the Bay Area. He had the pollo burrito, which he described as "big as my head". When I go to a new for me Mexican restaurant, I usually order a combination plate, so I can get a sense of what several dishes taste like. I tried a carne asada taco (excellent!), a chile relleno (excellent!) and a pork tamale (wait for it -- excellent!). I think Pelayo's is hard to beat for good Mexican food. Tip: try several salsas in their salsa bar as well, in order to give your food different accents.

1  Thank Shelmert

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Order a burrito you'll be eating it for lunch tomorrow too. This is a regular stop for us, when we dont want to cook, but dont want to spend a lot on dinner either. Food is good, no the decor isn't much, but your not there for that. Your there for a great carne asada burrito. AND their 10 different kind of salsa..salsa bar..yippeeee.

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Just like a previous reviewer I started going to Pelayo's in the '80's when I was first stationed at Travis AFB. I was a regular at the Fairfield location for a couple years with Valerie as the server. They opened the Vacaville location just after I got married and we would dine there at least once a week. Renee was our primary server there. I moved away in 1990 and I have not found a Mexican restaurant that even came close to being as good. I recently had the opportunity to dine at Pelayo's for the first time in 20 years and the food and service was just as great as it was 20 years ago. A true testament to this wonderful family owned restaurant!!

1  Thank Rick D
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My GPS found this one - probably the best burrito ever, great ice tea. Very clean, staff very friendly. Will definitely return

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Yummy super burritos! Great happy hour specials daily from 4-7! Nice atmosphere!