“It is what it is, but could be better.”

Courtyard Vacaville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Staff was friendly and accommodating, but the wait for breakfast was ridiculous, they seriously need more staff for a hotel like this. Business travelers need one meal done right and that's breakfast, how can you not get that right?

I don't understand how they could not have an elevator, but I did appreciate them putting me on the first floor when options were limited. I also appreciated the staff getting me taxis so quickly in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Wayne,
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our Vacaville Courtyard. I greatly appreciate your compliments about our friendly and accommodating staff. I completely agree that breakfast is extremely important to hotel guests and that the service needs to be efficient and quick with everything done right to help our guests with a great start to their busy day. I have taken note of your comments of needing more staff on in our Bistro during the morning rush. I'm happy to hear that we were able to place you on the first floor. We have such a beautiful courtyard and pool area and our guests can best enjoy it from our downstairs rooms. Whether for future business or pleasure visiting the nearby Premium Outlets or the beautiful Napa Valley wine country, we hope to see you return soon to our beautifully renovated hotel.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel had gotten some negative reviews because the rooms needed to be redone. Our room was totally fresh and new and they told me they are just about done with all the rooms. Because we had gotten the room through a Priceline bid I was worried they would give me a room that was not updated but that was not the case. The lobby, bistro and other public areas were great. Staff was friendly. Room was VERY quiet. Location was excellent--close to outlet mall and restaurants. Loved having access to free regular and decaf Starbucks coffee at all times!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Connie40
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hi Connie, thank you for the great review of our wonderful Vacaville Courtyard! I'm so glad that you are pleased with our renovations we have completed to date. My staff and I are thrilled with the beautiful new grey, cream and black color scheme that Marriott chose for our guestrooms and hallways. The amazing changes are soft, fresh and stunning! In future months, we will be upgrading bedding and room furniture as well. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary Starbucks coffee we had in our lobby during our major renovation period. Unfortunately, after the first of the new year, Courtyards are no longer able to offer complimentary coffee. However, all of the Barista drinks and freshly brewed Starbucks drip coffee will be available for purchase in our Bistro. We hope to see you again on a return visit in the near future!
Happy holidays to you and your family!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Thanksgiving night. We were headed to Canada and our car was full of our belongings, nothing of particularly high value, but too much to bring into our hotel room. When we checked in, we asked the clerk at the front desk about the security of the parking lot, which surrounds the hotel, and she suggested we either park in front of the hotel, where it is well-lit, or in the back near our room. She advised not parking on either side of the hotel. We opted for the front. In the morning, we came out to find our car window smashed and my son's DVD case missing. While getting our car glass replaced by a mobile auto glass service, two members of Cal Fire, told us that the same thing happened to one of their cars in the parking lot a couple days earlier. With at least two cars being burglarized in a few days, it is clear that this hotel has a problem with car burglary and were not being candid about it when we checked in.
The staff was sympathetic and the maintenance man was very helpful. He vacuumed the broken glass left in the back seat.
The room was average. We booked a room with a King bed and a sofa bed but it turned out there was no sofa bed! After incurring a large financial loss from the lack of security at this hotel, we were not even offered a refund on our night's stay (and I'm a Marriott Rewards member!)

Room Tip: The best room might be one on the ground floor in the back, where you can park right outside your wi...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank caltocantraveler

We were very sorry to hear about your car break in that occurred during your recent Thanksgiving stay. As you said, our staff gave you the best advise they could about parking under lights in front of the hotel or near your room but it appears that was to no avail. I'm glad to hear that our Engineer was so helpful in getting the glass in your car cleared for you. In speaking with our local police department about your incident, they said that yours and the Cal Fire truck break ins were random crimes of opportunity because of the valuable items left in plain view in the vehicles. The Cal Fire trucks were in the restaurant parking lot next door overnight with computers left in the cabs of the trucks. They said that although our hotel and Vacaville in general have very low crime rates, Black Friday and holiday shopping near the hotels and restaurants in the area tend to show more possibilities for problems of this nature. We hope that this unfortunate incident doesn't discourage you from visiting the area in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed at many Courtyards around the US and I would have to say this location is by far the worst one I've been to. Staff were very polite but the rooms were far from what I expected. The rooms were updated which was obvious but the some of the updates were poor . There was ripped wall paper, stains on the wall, some parts of the carpet seemed like someone dropped an iron on it and it was noticeable, dusty parts of the room. I'm surprised this is the quality of room management and the housekeeping inspector give their guest. I myself work in the hospitality business and I expected much better for this location. I will never go there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Ms. Renteria,
Thank you for commenting on our polite staff. They are all very focused on our guests and always strive to go above and beyond to help in any way. As you mentioned, we are in the process of total guestroom and hallway renovations. I apologize that some of the in-process changes caused issues for you during your stay. The cleanliness concerns are not acceptable and not at all typical of our room standards. I have discussed your concerns with our housekeepers and pointed out the opportunities we have to better our guest's experience. I hope that you will return in the future to see all of the beautiful changes we have made.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is right across the streets fromt the outlets. However, I stayed overnight for business. I liked the modern and fresh decor. They had a lively bar and a place to order some light meals. The double room was quite large. Front desk staff was very pleasant. They had a promo going on to spin the wheel for prizes. I won 500 points on my perks account. I live in the SF Bay area but was on the way to a meeting in Sacramento with a very early call time. I decided to make it half way and I was there in 45 mins making it very convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

It was great to read your wonderful review! It's true that our Vacaville Courtyard is very conveniently located between the Bay area and the meeting you attended in Sacramento. As you said it is a great hotel for both business and leisure travel as we are within walking distance to many great restaurants and Premium Factory Outlet shopping. It would be great if you can make your next visit be for pleasure and bring family and friends for our Black Friday Shopping package which includes an Outlet gift card, Starbucks and a late check out. That could be a wonderful way to kick off the holiday season. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Nicely remodeled hotel public spaces and bistro; a very clean property. Convenient location right off the freeway near the outlet malls etc. Standard room traditional decor but size was not very spacious, nice paul mitchel toiletries. Bed mattress was completely worn out and was flat as a pancake but when I discovered this at midnight it was too late to request another room and still get some sleep for my early business meeting. The desk was on the small side and the complementary wi fi was very slow, they offer faster speeds at an outrageous price. Overall not a good value. The topper was when I reported the problem at check out the clerk minimized my complaint and then when I explained just how bad it was and how it affected me she offered nothing but a weak excuse that some rooms were due for remodeling. If I had more time that day I would have brought it to the manager and district head for redress. This was not a budget room but I have had better beds at any motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review of your stay. My staff and I are very proud of our beautifully renovated lobby with our Bistro that serves breakfast, Starbucks specialty beverages, alcoholic beverages and dinner daily. I apologize for the confusion about internet being high priced. Our wireless internet is actually free to all guests regardless of the amount of use or speed required. Our current mattresses are soft and we have had several guests in recent months ask where they could purchase mattresses like ours because they felt they were extremely comfortable. However, I realize mattress firmness is a personal preference. I would like to let you know that all of our guestroom mattresses are scheduled to be replaced within the next few months as part of our current guestroom renovation.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed here every November since it opened. We are three ladies that meet here for an annual Christmas shopping trip to the outlets. We stayed in other hotels before it opened, but we feel comfortable and safe here. The room is always clean and the staff is friendly and informative.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

What a wonderful yearly tradition to have with your friends! We have many families, sisters and friends who use our hotel as the central meeting place to reconnect or as you said, take advantage of the amazing Premium Factory Outlet shopping at the 120 store mall which is located just across the street from our hotel. Thank you for all of your nice comments about my wonderful staff. I agree, it truly is a very safe, comfortable, friendly and welcoming hotel. We look for ward to the pleasure of your next annual meeting!