Courtyard Vacaville
$109
TripAdvisor
$71
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstarbucks coffeeolive gardenfront desktwo storyfirst floormini restauranthotel bistrodirectly across the streetwifi worked fineoutlet storeswork spaceheated poolfree breakfastthin wallsbreakfast optionsdefinitely stay here againrooms are nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We have stayed here every November since it opened. We are three ladies that meet here for an annual Christmas shopping trip to the outlets. We stayed in other hotels before it opened, but we feel comfortable and safe here. The room is always clean and the staff is friendly and informative.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

What a wonderful yearly tradition to have with your friends! We have many families, sisters and friends who use our hotel as the central meeting place to reconnect or as you said, take advantage of the amazing Premium Factory Outlet shopping at the 120 store mall which is located just across the street from our hotel. Thank you for all of your nice comments about my wonderful staff. I agree, it truly is a very safe, comfortable, friendly and welcoming hotel. We look for ward to the pleasure of your next annual meeting!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is beginning to show its age but my room was clean and comfortable and the hotel is an easy access off I-80. The towels are thin and the bed is at an angle perpendicular to the TV rather than in front of it which I found odd. The air conditioner worked just fine but was really noisy. I mean wake you up just as you're falling asleep noisy. The lobby "restaurant" is one of those pseudo cafes, overpriced unless you have the free breakfast. There is an Olive Garden right next door if you need lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay at our Vacaville Courtyard. I appreciate that you mentioned the hotel's wonderful, convenient location just off of I-80 between San Francisco and Sacramento and just 20 minutes from the beautiful Napa Valley.You pointed out that we are next door to the Olive Garden and we are also within walking distance to many other restaurants including Applebee's, Chevy's, Chili's, In and Out Burger, Mel's Diner and BJ's Brewhouse. Many of our guests choose to eat at these nearby restaurants and then return to our Bistro in the hotel for after dinner drinks while working on their laptop, joining friends or watching their favorite sports teams on our large screen TV in the lounge.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year for work. While the lobby and dining area has been nicely renovated, the rooms need work. During this last stay I had a room with peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, a loudly rattling air conditioning unit, and a toilet with running water (which I ended up fixing myself). Also, the desk chairs are totally uncomfortable - not good when you have to sit there and get work done. Please renovate the rooms to match you lobby.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I greatly appreciate your having taken the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very pleased to be able to answer you by saying that we are in the process of a total guestroom and hallway renovation. To date, the guestroom bathrooms have been updated. The next time you visit our hotel on business, you will certainly be able to notice the changes.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed one night and are scheduled to stay another next month. Everything was great. Simple breakfast, but enough. Great coffee! Clean rooms. Paul Mitchell hair care. Very nice staff. The lobby/sitting area is very inviting with comfy couches, snacks and TVs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank redreader36
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

How great that you will be returning to our wonderful Vacaville Courtyard! You will likely notice some nice renovation improvements to our guestrooms and hallways. My staff and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

It was so nice to arrive and be greated so warmly by Meagan and another team member. They were both very warm and friendly. It started the stay off very nicely. The lobby has definitely been updated and was very nice. It's great to have an area to get a drink from the Bistro and relax. We also used the patio area in the Courtyard and it was nice as well.
Now to the room. It was an average hotel room for the price and seemed to be clean. There were some areas where it seems the maintenence dept. had overlooked or fixed poorly. The bathroom area seems to have had some water damage and appeared to have been fixed with joint compound and paint. It looked like it was done by a complete beginner. There were also some poorly done repairs to the wallpaper. These were not things that would keep from staying again but kind of surprising for a Marriott hotel. The beds were comfortable but I hate double beds, come on put some queens in there. My wife slept with our 9 year old daughter so we could have some more space. Also a mini fridge would be nice in the room .
The pool area is OK. The major plus for the area is that it's outside. I do not like indoor pools in areas that have warm weather. Most of the hotels nearby have tiny indoor pools and hot tub areas. There is also a BBQ near the pool that would come in handy if you were staying a few nights, even though there was not a fridge in the room.
The breakfast at the Bistro was just OK. More of a convenience than anything. The staff seemed a little off the one morning we ate there and many customers had to ask for things that should have been taken care of beforehand. They forgot 2 of our drinks and there was not any salt and pepper on most of the tables. The food seemed pre-prepared and I think next time we would go out for breakfast. If it was a free breakfast it would have been really good, but when you pay for breakfast, you expect a little more.
You're probably wondering why I gave the hotel such a high score, I'm starting to wonder myself. It was the staff. I put a lot of weight in how we are treated by the staff. If it wasn't for the excellent staff at this hotel, the score would have been lower for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard. They are quieter and have sliding glass doors that open up to the grass and pool area. Great if you have children.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and your wonderful comments about Meagan our great staff. I often hear from our repeat guests that they choose to stay at our hotel whenever they are in Vacaville because of the warm, happy and excellent guest service given by our staff throughout their stay. We are in the process of full guestroom renovations and I am happy to say that the double beds will be changed out for new queen beds as you suggested. The bathroom tile was just replaced and new wall vinyl will be next. The new Courtyard finished look will be very clean, innovative and inviting. We hope that you will return to see all of our great features and changes.