Courtyard Vacaville
$149
Hampton.com
$93
$72
All reviewsstarbucks coffeeolive gardenfront desktwo storyfirst floormini restauranthotel bistrodirectly across the streetwifi worked fineoutlet storeswork spaceheated poolfree breakfastthin wallsbreakfast optionsdefinitely stay here againrooms are nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here quite a few times over the past years. Consider the property my home away from home. Location is great. Easy on and off the freeway. Plenty of eating establishments within walking distance. Premium Outlet mall across the street to meet your shopping needs. The hotel staff are very friendly and personable. Ready to help you with any problem or meet any need you may have. Fresh cookies baked every weeknight. Meals prepared on property are tasty and reasonably priced. There isn't an elevator, but then there are only two floors, so that shouldn't stop you from experiencing a great stay. Highly recommend staying when you are in town

Room Tip: First floor courtyard rooms are a nice touch. If you are so inclined, ask for the Jacuzzi room. Nice touch for a romantic evening.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Mr. Cornwell,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We love that you consider the Vacaville Courtyard your home away from home and that to us, you certainly are considered family! It was such a nice surprise for me and my staff to see you again and it was wonderful to be able to catch up on the news of your fiance.We hope one day that you will bring her to the hotel to meet all of us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is my second stay at the Vacaville Courtyard. The location is super convenient, and the staff is always courteous. The lobby was nicely updated, and there is a lovely poolside area with comfy seating. But that's where the nice stuff about the hotel ends.

First, the motel has no elevator. And while the hotel staff will say "we're happy to help you with your luggage" a hospitality vendor without an elevator in 2012 is, well, inexcusable. The carpets throughout the halls of the motel are soiled and worn, and the wall-coverings throughout the motel are long past needing to be replaced.

When I opened my door to my room, there was a wall light fixture on, glaring florescent light. For a moment I thought I heard the theme from Twilight Zone with visions of a Motel 6 blinking in my mind. The bathroom had been recently repaired, and it looked more like Mac the Butcher did the work. Literally, the wallpaper beside the toilet was yellow, and then there had been a repair along the bottom foot of the bathroom wall. Instead of replacing the wallpaper, it was patched with wallpaper of a totally different pattern and color. Let's just say it wasn't a professional repair job.

My experience with the lobby restaurant wasn't much to write home about. I ordered scrambled eggs, with cheese and fruit. The eggs came without cheese and the fruit was totally absent. The very polite waitress noticed the missing cheese (but not the fruit) and said she would bring it to me - she did not until I went to the cashier and asked for it. Instead of taking the eggs back and cooking them properly, they brought me a portion cup of shredded cheese!!! The food lacked any flavor and the haphazard service was annoying. While they were plenty of staff in the restaurant - I think I counted five, they were very unorganized and had trouble accommodating the modest number of breakfast guests without seeming hurried flabbergasted.

I think the word motel best sums of the Vacaville Courtyard by Marriott. It tries to be an adequate place, but the building is really old and needs a total renovation. The place is clean, but it wouldn't be where I would choose to stay. It's an old-style motor motel, and I guess that's ok for $49 dollars, as long as they "leave the light on for ya". But for $119, I really expect a lot more.

Room Tip: inside rooms are best
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Terry M
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

I sincerely appreciate all of your observations and completely agree with your kind comments about our wonderful staff and our beautiful courtyard and pool area. I apologize for the challenges you encountered at breakfast and will relay your comments to our Bistro staff and use the opportunity for training reinforcement with our new associates. I am happy to say that we are in the process of the total renovation you recommended and look forward to our guests experiencing a completely new hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Another Courtyard waiting to be updated but clean and familiar.
Easy access to and from the highway and around town.
We like feeling at home when traveling and there are no surprises with courtyard.
The coffee situation is strange and only one coffee pack offered in the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
AMcPeak, General Manager at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Vacaville Courtyard.You are correct, we are in the process of renovating all of our guestrooms. We renovated the lobby two summers ago to the new Bistro concept with the giant GoBoard that gives up to date flight arrival and departure information, weather, news and local entertainment as well as printable directions to many restaurants and day trip venues. We also have free wireless internet throughout the hotel and lobby with connection/charging ports for cell phones, IPads, tablets and laptops in the Bistro, library and home theater. By this time next year, we are thrilled to say our entire hotel will be completely new. Our guests can look forward to very modern, sleek guestrooms with large comfortable furniture and all of the connectivity that is so important to make business travel convenient, productive and easy. For the enjoyment of our guests, we have brought back the complimentary 24 hour coffee in our lobby and we still serve freshly baked cookies each evening. On your next visit please ask for more coffee for your room as we are always happy to provide more as desired. Thank you so much for being a loyal Marriott Courtyard guest, we appreciate you very much!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two day stay at the Courtyard in Vacaville. The check-in clerk was very friendly and gave us suggestions for dining out. We did enjoy having breakfast in the Bistro -- the food was delicious! The kids loved watching the cartoons while we ate -- that was a treat to them. The outside Courtyard was great to sit and read a book while the kids swam in the pool. Thank you so much for making our trip to California a good memory.

Room Tip: Rooms leading out to the Courtyard were convenient for us to use the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, Steven for the wonderful review! My staff has talked several times about how much fun your family had at our hotel while visiting your California relatives. Your little ones were so happy to enjoy their own "breakfast TV" while eating their yogurt and fruit parfaits each morning and to have your parents who live here in Vacaville come to join all of you for breakfast. It was nice to hear about the great time you had downtown on Friday night at the creekside concert in the park and your day trips to the Jelly Belly Factory and Discovery Kingdom. It was nice to see all of you out at the pool each evening. Hopefully your next trip will be longer and you can take the ferry into San Francisco to tour Alcatraz with your oldest son. We can't wait to see all of you again at the end of October!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had a great stay in this hotel, as always. Meghan, a hotel staff, is friendly, charming, helpful, and very courteous. She is a valuable asset to the Marriott corporation. Hold on to her , or I will steal her to work for my company.

- Joe and Christina

• Stayed: July 2013

Joe and Christina, I agree with you, Meagan is absolutely amazing at our front desk! She goes above and beyond daily to help guests with directions to local restaurants and entertainment venues, replacing forgotten items and helping Marriott Rewards members with their elite status benefits.Thank you for the fair warning, but I intend to keep Meagan very busy and happily employed at our beautiful Vacaville Courtyard!!!