“Wedding Weekend”

GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Petersburg, Fl.
“Wedding Weekend”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff and facilities at the Vacaville Courtyard by Marriott was outstanding. The staff really made me feel at home. Eric, Kendra, Sue, Rosa and Sol were so friendly and customer-oriented. I had a problem with a carry on bag, as it had two major rips in it. Sue and Kendra got me tape and scissors, and a nice young man, possibly black and/or Hispanic with a shaven head (cannot recall his name) came up with electrical tape. Another example of going the extra mile was my portable radio's batteries going dead. The front desk gave me 4 new ones free of charge. I enjoy playing a radio out by the pool. The pool was soothing, and the hot tub was hot. One place I stayed at in Florida, neither one was hot or soothing. The courtyard was nicely landscaped, and the entire facility was nicely maintained and clean. I was slightly under the weather, and there was always high quality tea and coffee to soothe my throat and sinuses. The computers in the lobby worked, so I felt at home. I received a nice good-bye hug from Sol in the restaurant , and had Rosa not been off duty, I'm sure she would've given me a nice send off, too. It was like hanging with old friends. Eric was great for conversation when I couldn't sleep, and Sue and Kendra were so kind and helpful. We were attending the Dresden/Carrington wedding in Winters, coming from Florida. They picked the right hotel. I sincerely hope the hotel staff receives this review.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SACVAManager, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dan, Thank you for your very kind review. It makes me very happy when our employee’s names are used in these reviews and with such nice compliments. Our staff works really hard to make each guests stay special and to make our guests feel at home. Thank you for acknowledging all that they do! I have to admit we do have an exceptional staff and very little turn over, especially our Bistro ladies. They are truly an asset to our hotel and making our guests feel welcome. Our Guest service agents and their Manager Sue all lead the hotel is true hospitality as well. We so appreciate your business and you choosing the Courtyard we all understand you have choices when you travel and we truly appreciate your business. I will share this review with the staff and I am sure they will all be delighted. Please remember, if you are ever back in California come visit your friends here at the Courtyard by Marriott Vacaville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Good Marriott Courtyard property with friendly staff. Our room was clean and beds were comfortable. The lobby has a Starbucks right inside, so if you're into that, it is right on site. The lobby was also very spacious if you needed to get out of your room and work.

Our room was next to parking lot, so it was noisy due to the parking lot being shared with the Olive Garden right next door. People coming and going all day and night. This also made parking very difficult in the evenings because all of the spaces were taken by Olive Garden guest and there was no dedicated parking for the hotel.

This hotel is right next to restaurants and shopping outlets. Both are in walking distance. There is also a Target and Walmart within walking distance if you forget something. Very convenient if traveling for business or pleasure. Also close to highway 5 and 80, but not so close you hear the road noise.

Overall a solid Marriott, minus the parking lot issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Olive Garden side of the hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
TrvlGrl31, Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review. We are glad that you enjoyed the properties amenities like the new Lobby and Starbucks in our Bistro. I do apologize for the noisy parking lot. We typically hear from our guests that we are a very quiet location. We frequently have our night Manager walk the property to listen and look for these things. Please if you stay with us again in the future let us know if your room is not satisfactory and we will do our best to move you into a room that meets your needs. We want you to feel relaxed and comfortable. Again, thank you for the review and we do appreciate you choosing the Courtyard in Vacaville.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a very nice hotel, worth the price. Very comfortable well appointed room. Only downside is I was next to the pool, which was filled with screaming children as late as 10:30pm. Nick at the front desk was very helpful! He helped me get connected to the WiFi and he was just so nice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
SACVAManager, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Janhube Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am happy to hear that you were comfortable here at the Courtyard in Vacaville. I am sorry the noise at the pool disturbed you, we do try our best to control our pool hours and make sure while our guests are able to enjoy themselves our other guests aren’t disturbed. Please feel welcome to always call us and let us know if we can help make your stay more comfortable. We are glad that Nick was able to help you and get you set up on the Free Wi-Fi. Again, Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great location. Lots to do. Premium outlet mall across the street. Lots of good dining within walking distance. The employees make the difference. Employee hospitality is excellent, they make you feel like this is a home away from home. They made eye contact when talking with you and called you by your last name during conversation. I highly recommend this hotel for your next stay in the area.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are the best. They even have a jacouzzi room, if you are lucky.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Mr. Cornwell!

First of all, we miss you!!! Thank you again for your kind review and I being a big supporter of us! We do have a great location with lots to do here. We really work hard to be the "home away from home" for all of our guests. We appreciate your reviews of the hotel and your continued support! We hope to see you again soon!
Victorville, California
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This was a great place to stay for my wife and I. We travel to Napa Valley both Friday and Saturday and the trip was on 20 to 25 minutes. The Wife loved the Outlet Stores right across the street. Greentree and Paradise Valley golf courses was close by for me. The choices of resturants was also good, Plus the staff from the front desk all way to the cleaning staff was very nice and helpful to all of our needs. My Wife is a coffee drinker and the free Starbucks did hurt, lol!!! I will be staying there again!!! I would definitely recommend it to family, friends and colleges that will be traveling to the Vacaville area.Thanks Marriott Courtyard for a great stay in Vacaville.

Room Tip: Grould level room facing the pool area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
SACVAManager, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you Bernard for your review of the property! Sounds like you and your wife really enjoyed our great central location and you were able to get in lots of fun time with golf, shopping and Napa! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our Starbucks Coffee while you were here and that you plan to come back to visit us again. We truly appreciate your business and Thank you for your review! Come back and see your friends in Vacaville again soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable beds, close to I-80, and EXCELLENT breakfast!

Here's what can be improved on ... Guest hospitality -- I noticed the front desk employees wouldn't look you in the face, nor did they use your name in conversation. Those things are key for me. Minor point, but worth mentioning ... Especially when considering the difference between 4 and 5 stars. Also, the towels were a bit cheap for the quality of the rest of the hotel. I hate thin towels -- they should be thick and comfortable. Again, minor and picky, but 5 stars has to be earned.

I'd definitely stay here again and plan on it very soon with a lot of my business trips happening in that area in the future.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback! And while we do love to hear all the things that you enjoy about our property we also do like to know what we can improve on. I think you are absolutely right 5 stars must be earned! We have recently brought on some new staff and we have some staff members cross training in different departments, to help with staffing during the busy summer months. Using the guests name and making eye contact is very important and with all of the new staff we have been training them to do this. Perhaps this is a great time to review these standards with them. I sincerely do not think they did not use your name or make eye contact out of disrespect – they are simply learning to do many things at once and sometimes it can be difficult to juggle so much when you are new. Our management team will address this and be sure each employee gets the proper training and support. We do look forward to seeing you and appreciate the constructive comments. Thank you!
Florence, Italy
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Well kept older hotel with large interior, pleasant, courtyard. Many first floor rooms have direct courtyard access, as did ours. Nice pool, hot tub, fitness room.
Seems to be a great place for kids as well.
This was first stay in remodeled lobby hotel which we liked. Buffet replaced by order at counter for breakfast. This was fine but buffet was nice as well. Service seems slower with order at counter.
Great Starbucks coffee,
Definite go back.
Recommend ground floor room facing courtyard.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your review of our property, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I see that you were able to enjoy one of our Courtyard View rooms, they are definitely a favorite with our guests. Sounds like you may have been a long time guest of ours and remember when we used to have the Buffet. Marriott’s new concept of the Bistro offers a very similar concept to Panera Bread®, you order take a number and your meal is made while you wait. The best part of the Bistro is the fresh healthy options, rather than having the same old thing everyday of the buffet we are able to offer our guests more options, healthy options and fresh made meals. Another added value for our property is that now we offer dinner service and have a lounge in the evening. So for those guests who want to grab something quick and head to their rooms they do have to worry about finding dinner, its right here for them. (However we are in walking distance to over 30 restaurants, if they wanted to go out.) Thank you again for your review of our hotel, we take a lot of pride in making sure our guests leave happy. Next time you are in Vacaville we look forward to seeing you again!