“Great Hotel!”

Courtyard Vacaville
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Clean, comfortable beds, close to I-80, and EXCELLENT breakfast!

Here's what can be improved on ... Guest hospitality -- I noticed the front desk employees wouldn't look you in the face, nor did they use your name in conversation. Those things are key for me. Minor point, but worth mentioning ... Especially when considering the difference between 4 and 5 stars. Also, the towels were a bit cheap for the quality of the rest of the hotel. I hate thin towels -- they should be thick and comfortable. Again, minor and picky, but 5 stars has to be earned.

I'd definitely stay here again and plan on it very soon with a lot of my business trips happening in that area in the future.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
SACVAManager, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback! And while we do love to hear all the things that you enjoy about our property we also do like to know what we can improve on. I think you are absolutely right 5 stars must be earned! We have recently brought on some new staff and we have some staff members cross training in different departments, to help with staffing during the busy summer months. Using the guests name and making eye contact is very important and with all of the new staff we have been training them to do this. Perhaps this is a great time to review these standards with them. I sincerely do not think they did not use your name or make eye contact out of disrespect – they are simply learning to do many things at once and sometimes it can be difficult to juggle so much when you are new. Our management team will address this and be sure each employee gets the proper training and support. We do look forward to seeing you and appreciate the constructive comments. Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Vacaville

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Well kept older hotel with large interior, pleasant, courtyard. Many first floor rooms have direct courtyard access, as did ours. Nice pool, hot tub, fitness room.
Seems to be a great place for kids as well.
This was first stay in remodeled lobby hotel which we liked. Buffet replaced by order at counter for breakfast. This was fine but buffet was nice as well. Service seems slower with order at counter.
Great Starbucks coffee,
Definite go back.
Recommend ground floor room facing courtyard.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your review of our property, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I see that you were able to enjoy one of our Courtyard View rooms, they are definitely a favorite with our guests. Sounds like you may have been a long time guest of ours and remember when we used to have the Buffet. Marriott’s new concept of the Bistro offers a very similar concept to Panera Bread®, you order take a number and your meal is made while you wait. The best part of the Bistro is the fresh healthy options, rather than having the same old thing everyday of the buffet we are able to offer our guests more options, healthy options and fresh made meals. Another added value for our property is that now we offer dinner service and have a lounge in the evening. So for those guests who want to grab something quick and head to their rooms they do have to worry about finding dinner, its right here for them. (However we are in walking distance to over 30 restaurants, if they wanted to go out.) Thank you again for your review of our hotel, we take a lot of pride in making sure our guests leave happy. Next time you are in Vacaville we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

The staff was friendly & courteous. The room was comfortable, clean & spacious. My daughter & I felt very safe here. It was easy to find & convenient to the freeway, but without the freeway noise. The pool is a good size & the hot tub was the perfect temperature for me. We enjoyed being able to utilize them both. I would definitely stay here again! Some caveats: As mentioned in prior reviews, this is a 2 floor hotel & there is no elevator between floors. I only mention it as it might be an issue for some, but there are plenty of rooms on the 1st floor. The heating/cooling fan in the room was very loud! The room was very quiet for the most part, but I noticed a weak spot in the floor in front of the entrance to the bathroom which squeaked as I walked over it. Not that big of a deal, but I felt bad for the people below me & tried to avoid it. There is no lotion with the soap/shampoo/conditioner. At the Bistro restaurant, the staff was friendly, but the breakfast I had left much to be desired. I had the Healthy Start sandwich. It is an English muffin with egg whites, spinach & havarti cheese. They microwaved the muffin to the point of toughness & the cheese ended up being just a grease spot on it. The Bistro is a Starbucks as well & I love Starbucks iced tea. However, it was not available for breakfast. My daughter was underwhelmed with her waffles as well. We did not eat another meal there. Overall, our experience there was very good & I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in the Vacaville area. It is also close to many stores & other restaurants.

Room Tip: If carrying bags up & down stairs is hard for you, ask for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad that overall you enjoyed the stay and look forward to seeing you here again! You are correct our hotel doesn’t have an elevator but all of our ADA rooms are on the first floor and we always have someone here who can help you with your bags. I'm sorry you had a noisy AC unit, and that breakfast wasn't up to our standards. I know your satiation with your meal is very important to our staff and sometimes our Marriott Turbo Oven can be a little sensitive. I will review these concerns with our food and beverage manager and make sure we address everything with the staff. And please in the future feel free to let us know if something isn't working correctly or to your liking, our staff is happy to repair your noisy AC and fix your breakfast to be just the way you like it! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to meeting you during your next stay!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

If you have children you know how stressful traveling with them can be. Our stay here with our daughter was a dream! From the second we walked in the door, the front desk staff, Rory and all the women from the Bistro were over the top kind. Every morning we were greeted by our first names and they went out of their way to accommodate the finicky palate of a one year old. I really enjoyed starting my day with breakfast at the Bistro. Every encounter we had with staff was truly pleasant and by the end of our stay it felt like saying goodbye to friends. Jamie at the front desk was so kind! She gave us great ideas for local attractions, and not once when my daughter and I loitered in the lobby for hours on end were we made to feel unwelcome.
Our room experience was the same. The room was clean and comfortable when we arrived and it stayed that way throughout. There was also space for our crib, and we were still able to maneuver thru the room. I cant tell you what a relief it was to have clean floors, especially with a toddler. That was truly the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in!
Thank You to all the staff who made us feel so welcome. We carry your kindness and friendship with us still...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
SACVAManager, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Awww Thank you so much for your kind review Lora! We all know you and your sweet little one and miss her smiley face. She definitely left an impression on all of our staff here and we were sad to see you go home. On behalf of the management team we are delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your darling little girl. We all had fun playing with her while she was here, we are glad she was able to feel at home too and enjoy the clean hotel. We hope that if you are in the Vacaville area again you will stop in and say hello to your friends here. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Friendliest, most courteous and outstanding staff I have ever met at a hotel! this in no way takes anything away from the facility it's self, clean, comfortable and quiet. Couldn't have a better stay anywhere else. Breakfasts were delicious, a rarity in the hotel industry, quick and not "fast". My room was a little noisy but then it overlooked the parking lot shared with the hotel next door.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you DB, I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took great care of you. We all try to go above and beyond for our guests and make every stay special. I am sorry you experienced a noise issue, that’s not something we hear often being as we are in a pretty quiet location. Next time you are with us please let us know and we will do our best to get you in a quiet location. We hope to see you again soon, and Thank you again for taking your time to review the property!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I am staying here while working in area spending a number of weeks here after having stayed at both the Quality Inn and Extended Stay on the same street. My first impression was "aaahhhh"! Room has everything I need, well appointed, clean, SAFE, walls are thick enough to afford privacy and sleep, beautiful view. You can't tell by looking at front of hotel, but rooms face an enclosed beautiful courtyard that includes pool and hot tub and beautiful trees and a nice walking trail for my small pup and sitting area. Lobby is wonderful, including business center, beautiful, well appointed bistro, a small area to buy essentials (toothpaste, colas, etc). Every person I have deal with here has been prompt, professional, courteous. The lady who cleaned my room today, Priscilla, did a wonderful job. And of course, Olive Garden is walking distance, right next door and Applebees is right next door to left. Outlet malls are directly across the street. Gas stations very close. Perfect location! I like this town very much, it is gorgeous, has tons of shopping but still a small town feel. I can't say enough about how much I have enjoyed my stay here. No unpleasant surprises, plus it is non smoking, ahhhh.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any bad rooms, but what I really like is that I let the staff know wha...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
SACVAManager, Director of Sales at Courtyard Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We are delighted to hear how happy you are while you are here with us. We all truly strive to make The Courtyard by Marriott in Vacaville your "home away from home" and we hope you feel that way when you are here with us! We also appreciate your kind review of Pricilla she has been with us a long time and she takes great pride in her job and taking care of our guests. I will certainly share this with her as well as the rest of the staff here. Our housekeepers are the backbone of our operation and they work very hard to make sure you have an enjoyable stay, Thank you again for recognizing her! On your next visit please ask for the manager - we love to meet our guests and make new friends!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

This property does the business traveler's needs right. From check in to check out everything is done right or made right. They do their best to serve the hurried business traveler. I was very iimpressed. Breakfast service at the lobby cafe was particualrly good and effecient. The cafe's staff was outstanding they had an instinctive feeling for what the businness traveler needed. Excellent in all ways!!!! Caution if you plan to drive to San Francisco or Sacramento this may not be the best base location for you. Traffic may be very difficult at rush hours. A closer in location may better fit your needs. Otherwise this is a top notch location for business or pleasure in the local Solano County or near surrounding area!

Room Tip: If you have a small group meeting on your agenda a suite may be a good choice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

We are delighted to hear we took care of your needs quickly and efficiently. Our new Bistro really is a great option for our Business Travelers to get what they need quickly and there are many great healthy options - I personally love that everything is made fresh every morning! We are glad you found it to be just what you needed! We appreciate your business very much and hope to see you again next time you find yourself in beautiful Vacaville.