“Comfortable Beds!”

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Oregon
“Comfortable Beds!”
Reviewed May 22, 2006

We found our room to be pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary. A slight odor when we entered the room, but aired out with no problem. Also we noticed a cigarette smoke smell in the hallway and stairwell areas from time to time.
But the extraordinary thing was that the bed was the most comfortable bed we have slept in at a hotel in a number of years! So we were able to overlook the little things I mentioned above. I really had a great nights sleep and enjoyed the continental breakfast down near the lobby.
The area seemed nice, the outlet mall was close and lots of shopping nearby. Some decent restaurant choices in the area. Down the road (west) we found a B J's Brewhouse Restaurant and had a nice dinner. Lots of menu choices for different likes and dislikes. Good for families too...

• Stayed May 2006
3 Thank Simon Riley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Vacaville, California
Reviewed December 30, 2005

We live in Vacaville and have stayed here twice (for a break from the little ones!). We love the indoor pool,(3-5 feet) and large spa. We've always received great service, and the rooms are large and comfortable. We've never had the continental breakfast so we can't rate that. It's always clean, and the beds are VERY comfortable with nice soft fluffy pillows! We also like that we can rent new release movies from our room (no pause or rewind feature though here). We paid $10 plus tax and a $.35 "handling fee" to see Flight Plan. Overall this is a great place for $69 a night. We will be back!

• Stayed December 2005
California
Reviewed August 8, 2005

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express just across the road from this Fairfield Inn but it was booked one time that I needed to stay in Vacaville. So, since FFI is the same price as the HIE, I figured they'd be the same. . . NOT!

It's not that it was soooo bad, but I will not ever stay there again because the room that I had was very smelly of smoke (it was supposed to be a non-smoking room), and it just seemed cheesy like more of a Motel 6-ish type of place -- really ugly bed spread, and funky shower. The amenities and furnishings seemed dated and I just didn't feel comfortable.

The front desk staff was very nice though.

If you need to stay in Vacaville -- and plan to spend about 140 a night for a room -- try to get the Holiday Inn Express instead of this place. They have a much higher quality room and it costs the same.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank TechRat
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed June 28, 2005

This Fairfield Inn has the typical Fairfield decor. However, I give high marks to the staff for their attentiveness and professional demeanor. The hotel recently replaced all their beds so sleeping was great. The continental breakfast was better than most Fairfields I've stayed, serving hot oatmeal, waffles and fresh fruit.

The hotel is very close to the Vacaville outlet stores (walking distance) and lots of restaurants. We also managed a quick trip to Napa Valley from here ... took only about 30-45 minutes to get there.

My only complaint was the hotel has wireless internet access in the rooms and couldn't provide me a bridge for my laptop (I don't have a wireless card) because they were "out of them" for the 2 days I was there. However, there was a computer in lobby with internet access and a printer.

Overall, a good value ... I would recommend booking early because the hotel was sold out every night I was there. There is also a Residence Inn next door and a Courtyard down the street ... both a little more expensive but nice as well.

Stayed June 2005