“Unpredicable”

Merchant & Main Grill & Bar
Ranked #6 of 192 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Unpredicable”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Either you get REALLY good service or REALLY bad service, REALLY good food or REALLY bad food...it depends upon who the management hires at the time. An old favorite and one we use when we have family gatherings...between Fume, Tahoe Joes and Merchant and Maine.

Visited February 2012

“Don't waste your time”
Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Poor Vacaville really needs to attract better places to dine. Whether outside on the bar patio or dining inside the food is not worth the price you pay. Everything I've ever eaten here I can make so much better at home. Sometimes the service is good but mostly the service is fair.
Don't waste your appetite or money on Merchant &Main.

“Nice”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We celebrated a special occasion using a voucher that had been purchased at a fundraiser. Good time and good food.

1 Thank Terrence N
Arizona
“Nice Find in Vacaville”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We enjoyed our evening at Merchant and Main.

Our reservation was for 7:30 pm. The hostess greeted us promptly and graciously. She immediately apologized that our table was not available but a booth that would hold the six of us albeit a bit tightly was available. We opted to wait for the more comfortable table. As it turned out we were seated about 30 minutes later. Really no problem and we opted to wait.

Service was prompt and attentive. Because we were not seated promptly the restaurant gave us three appetizers for the table. As I said we opted to wait so how cool is that? One of the entrees was Chicken Marsala that was excellent, my wife had blackened red snapper that she loved, I ordered a “Bistro Salad” from the specials list that was loaded with medium steak, portobello mushrooms, gorgonzola, toasted pine nuts and very fresh greens. I’d order it again in a heart beat. Our daughter had a sweet and spicy shrimp fettucine that was wonderful. One of the others had a Caesar Salad and the youngest had a hamburger that looked pretty good to me.

We ordered two desserts to share, a white chocolate Brulee that was delightful, the other was an almond coffee cheesecake that was very, very good. When the bill came our waiter, Miguel, again apologized for our wait to be seated and that the desserts were also on the house. Wow! As I said we opted to wait and Merchant and Main not only gave us appetizers but desserts, amazing in this day and age.

Merchant and Main gets a thumbs up for the food, and customer service. We all agreed we’d go back again.

From our perspective one cannot go wrong at Merchant and Main.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank travelertoo2
Fairfield, California
“Average food, worth a shot for something different”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I went here last weekend because it had decent reviews and we wanted to try somewhere new. Nice selection on the menu but the food was just okay - nothing exceptional, but I won't write it off completely. I tried the Chicken Marsala and my husband had the Crab Melt. I may visit again in the future to try the Teriyaki Sirloin Mushroom Saute, which sounds amazing. Food was also inexpensive.

• Visited March 2012