“Good burger, average fries”
Review of Joe's Creekside Cafe - CLOSED

Joe's Creekside Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Ate here on a Monday lunchtime when most of Vacaville seemed very quiet, there was only a few other people in the restaurant when we ate there so the food came very quick.

We got a lovely mini loaf of bread to eat before our food came.

I ordered the patty melt in rye bread and the burger was very nice (although not cooked medium as requested) but unfortunately the fries that came with it were very average and not up to the standard of other similar restaurants around the area.

My wife had the maccaroni cheese with ham which was very very cheesy but average as far as a maccaroni cheese goes.

Both meals were good value for money though.

Server was very pleasant

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my go to place for lunch with friends. The outdoor patio is very nice and the service is friendly. It also has banquette seating inside with a small bar area. I have had salads, sandwiches and omelettes, which were good. Nothing special. It is a located in the old post office building in Old Town Vacaville.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stopped in for our (what seems like) weekly after workout repast. My wife opted for the breakfast menu and had a goodly amount of OK French toast and a side of bacon. Satisfying, to say the least. I had the dinner portion of fish and chips...more than enough to eat. The cheddar/broccoli soup was tasty; the Caesar salad was also very good - cold/crisp lettuce, not too much dressing. The fries (chips) were plentiful, hot and tasty. Now to the fish part...generous portion and the fish itself tasted good. I'd recommend they go back to the drawing board on the batter for the fish. The portions looked like three corn dogs on the plate and the batter was too thick and not seasoned (as far as I could tell). Otherwise, good meal for the price. The service was, as usual, prompt and the servers friendly and courteous.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Located in an old post office, complete with depression-era murals, this venue serves up a great mid-day meal. Service seems to be a bit disorganized, but everything worked out OK!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My friend and I had lunch here. One exciting thing was there was a senior menu! Lunch for $7.99 including soup or salad, entrée and dessert. We both had fish and chips. The cod was lightly battered and hot. The fries were tasty and not greasy. The coleslaw was wonderful. Not overly dressed but flavorful. I had the soup which was a delicious beef and barley with lots of veggies. My friend had the salad and she chose Caesar. The menu was extensive and there were lots of choices. The prices were reasonable even without the senior menu. The house chardonnay was $5 a glass! And it was good! Our server was an upbeat and attentive young woman named Lisa who was not only capable but enjoyed her job. We will definitely return to Joe's Creekside Café again. There is outdoor seating for a nice day too!