“Take Your Kids!”

Consolidated Rock & Mineral Shop
Ranked #2 of 6 Shopping in Vacaville
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Wow, if you want a shop that will entertain your kids for a really long time, take them to visit the Rock Shop! When I have gone, I have given my kids a few dollars to spend. There are thousands of rocks to look at and learn about...it will take them forever just to decide what to get with their few bucks! Some rocks are very small and some are bigger than your couch! Some cost 50 cents, some cost $10,000! You and your kids will be amazed, and the owners there know so much about every kind of rock. Seriously an educational experience. I have taken my Cub Scout Groups there for years to teach them the Geologist Badge. Better than a textbook! Wear a jacket, cuz it feels like you are in a cool cave. I highly recommend this place for families with kids! (or adults who enjoy geology) Go!!

1  Thank VacavilleMom95687
There are newer reviews for Consolidated Rock & Mineral Shop

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is such a neat place to see. Didn't even know it was there till I was introduced to it by a local friend. Its such a hidden gem. So cool for curious kids. Rocks,minerals, sea shells, shark teeth, etc. Something for every age and budget.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The Rock Shop is a very interesting place to visit if you are in the Vacaville area. It is a large warehouse that has thousands of different types of rocks, fossils, shell etc. priced from under a dollar up to over $10k. A friend of mine told me I should take my kids and I was a little dubious. Looking at rocks didn't sound very fun to do for a family outing, but this place is real treat to walk through. We've been back 3 or 4 times for gifts and just to let the kids pick out inexpensive nick-nacks.

The building does not have air conditioning or heat so keep in mind that it may be hot or cold depending on the weather outside. If you have children and need to burn an hour, this is a free and fun thing to do as a family. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

The shop is located near the Camping World off of Leisure Town Rd.

4  Thank BGraybeal