“Clean, friendly and reasonably priced”

Holiday Inn Express Vacaville
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great place to stay if you've been doing the olive groves, or are visiting family at Travis AFB, or are on your way to San Francisco. Our room was clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient (across the street) from the best Indian food I have ever eaten (The Clay Oven).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. As you stated our location is walking distance from the Clay Oven along with many other dining establishments. A lot of our guests say that the location is one of the best around. We are located about an hour from San Francisco and about 45 minutes from Sacramento. We are also only about 15 minutes away from Travis Air Base. Vacaville is a great location if one is planning a trip to San Francisco, Napa or Sacramento. We hope to see you next time your in the area.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is a good HIE with a convenient and quiet location along I-80. Vacaville is actually a very nice and mellow agricultural town. Nothing like busy Sacramento or cities near San Fran.
I was impressed. Clean. I will remember to stay here next time and stay out of the chaos
further to the west.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of our hotel. As you stated the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Vacaville is located in between the San Francisco Bay area and Sacramento. I like to think of Vacaville as the calm middle ground. We are located off of I 80 and 505, but tucked behind a couple buildings to make our Holiday Inn Express and Suites a quiet place to stay. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is amazing from the cleanliness to the social hour they have on weekdays with free beer and wine. The hotel is conveniently located next to the Vacaville Premium outlets, and just right over the freeway from the Nut tree shopping center. This stay was my first stay and most definitely will not be my last. During the social hour the manager was there chatting with us guests and Lori at the front desk may be on crouches but is very efficient and friendly. Victoria was the one who checked us out and she also was beyond helpful by assisting with directions to the SFO airport. My husband and I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wesley D
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your next stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 9 days in California and we always stay at Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express with his corporate discount and as priority members we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival and we were welcomed with an evening happy hour with wine, burgers and refreshments. We had just left South Lake Tahoe and we were starting our next day in Napa Valley. This was such a convenient stop along the way. We didn't stay long but our stay was very pleasant, the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean! We also spent time at the Holiday Inn in South Lake Tahoe CA,it was older and a little outdated and also in Pacifica CA this one was a jewel with an Ocean view 20 minutes from San Francisco.

• Stayed: March 2013
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

I am very pleased to hear that you and your husband had a pleasant stay with us; I would also like to thank you for being a loyal priority member and taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of our Hotel. We hope to see you and your husband the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The location is near a highway interchange, so it makes getting around fairly easy. Everything was impeccably clean. The social hour, on weeknight evenings, is nice if you want a snack and don't want to have to go out to eat. Crackers, cheese, caesar salad and chicken wings one night. The next night traded meatballs for the wings. Wine and beer were also available.

The only slight complaint I have is that the odor of cleaning chemicals was a bit overwhelming for me because of asthma/allergies, so I had to open the window to air out the room, when I got there. This meant I could hear the highway noise, but it wasn't that bad. The sheets and towels also had a strong aroma of sanitizer (maybe bleach?) which tells me they are doing all they can to make sure everything is clean, so that's a good thing. Unfortunately for someone like me who is sensitive to these chemicals it was a bit much. This issue would not bother most people, but if someone is ultra-sensitive to cleaning chemicals, it could be a problem for them. I didn't complain, to staff, because it's not something they can control or change, so I just kept the window cracked open to keep fresh air flowing through the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express and suites. The social hour is a big hit with our guests.
I am however sorry that the chemical smell was too much. Next time you come to town please give us a call 707.451.3500 and we will gladly block a room off for you and air it out, so at night you can have the windows closed.
Thank you for talking the time to review our Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here.

This is a good HIX property with decent sized rooms great facilities and friendly welcoming staff.

There is a small pool which is probably the warmest pool I have used plus a small spa.

There is a guest laundry, PCs for Internet access as well as free Internet.

The location is good being next to the outlets and many dining options. Breakfast is good if not particularly healthy.

Have no hesitation in recommending the hotel though the recent priority club changes mean this was last booking at a ICHG hotel. I have switched to hilton after many years as priority club platinum.

• Stayed: March 2013
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry that the changes with priority club are making you shy away from IHG Hotels. Please give us a call (707)451-3500 when you come back out this way, we can see what we can do. If you would like you can email me at Hiex.Kathleen@yahoo.com and tell me what changes made you decide to switch to the Hilton brand. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I got in late, due to flight cancellations, and rental car issues, so I hit the sack almost immediately after I walked into the room. When I woke up, I was staring at one of those “Tacky” room safes that Hotels charge a fee per day to bring in extra money. Will they charge me for it when I check out? We’ll see.

This is a very nice place, about 35 minutes from the Sacramento Airport. I stayed here back in 2011, and everything was perfect, so I had no problem returning.

The Front desk staff was outstanding.

My room was large with microwave and fridge, an HD flat screen TV with perfect picture, and a lot of channels to choose from. The work area had a standard size work desk with outlets at desktop level.

The bed was firm and supportive. The minute I got in, I knew it was going to be a good nights sleep. The heat/AC was effective, and very quiet.

Business center and Guest laundry were very nice. I didn’t use the fitness center or pool.

They have a very nice “Meet & Greet” on weekday evenings, with free food, beer & wine.

Check out was fast. Did they add a ridiculous safe charge? Nope. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JimDavisHouston
HIEX707, Guest Services at Holiday Inn Express Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Mr. JimDavisHouston,

We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our Hotel. We are sorry to hear about your flight and rental car issues, but are glad that your stay at our hotel was a good experience for you. Hopefully next time your in town you will get a chance to utilize the pool, spa and fitness center. We look forward to seeing you again.