“Great Staff and Service!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver Canada
“Great Staff and Service!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our first stay at Hampton Inn Vacavile and after our long road trip, we feel this was the best of all the Hampton Inns we stayed in for our 2 week trip. We arrived at 8am after 14 hours drive and luckily, there was a room available for us. (Thanks Gladis!) Our room was on the 3rd floor, nice and quiet even though there was some sort of event going on in the common area. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed 'Grandma' coming by to check up on us. The staff addressed us by name which was welcoming as we walked through after exploring Napa. They also have a grab and go brown bag if you don't have time to sit down for breakfast. We will return again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms from Upper Floors
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sarlye
bilmma, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the kind words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After this stay, I'm pretty sure I won't be returning. I have stayed at this property 3 times since October of 2012. I did not have a good stay in October but left a (very good) review then, giving this property the benefit of the doubt. However, this time I'm not going to do that.
Upon arrival this time, I was pleasantly greeted by Gladis. There was another gal at the desk, I wish I would have gotten her name, who was quite rude. When Gladis asked me if I had stayed at the property before, I replied yes. As soon as I replied yes, the other gal looked at me and said "well then you know how our breakfast works". Okay, fine, I thought to myself, yes I've been here before. When I arrived at my room, a different type of room from my previous stays, I was surprised at how worn out it was. The room did not give a "clean" appearance or feeling. I went to turn on the light next to the bed and it was broken. The lamps is the corners were unplugged, so it was difficult getting light into the room when I first got there. Once I had the lamps plugged back in it was okay as far as lighting goes. The sofa was stained and I didn't want to sit on it. The bathroom was dirty, one thing I don't like to find in a hotel bathroom is hair from someone else. And, the window coverings had holes in them. About the only good thing in the room was that the bed was semi-comfortable.
The next morning I went down to breakfast at 640am. The only warm thing available was waffles. The egg selection was cleaned out as was the bacon selection. There were no muffins available and so on. If I wanted cold cereal then I was good to go. I approached the front desk to ask when more breakfast items would be available and I was told that they were "working" on it. Finally at 705am the breakfast host/person came out and said she would get right on the eggs and bacon. It was another almost 15 minutes before she came back. The eggs and bacon were absolutely horrible. I heard other guests commenting on the poor breakfast service.
When I went to check out, I mentioned that the breakfast service was less than acceptable. I received a very quick "I'm sorry and have a great day".
I've waited a few days to write this review hoping that maybe I could be a little more lenient, but I can't this time. I'm in Vacaville at least once a month, sometimes staying with friends, but most of the time staying at this property. As I indicated above, I doubt very seriously that I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank smokymtndeb
sorry that your latest stay was less than perfect. I would be interessted in hearing from you why the bacon and eggs were horrible. I'm sure that you are aware that the same breakfast items are served thru out the Hampton system. We do try to dress up our eggs by adding ham and cheese,; and, we order a thicker cut of bacon. I'm sorry about the soa in your room. We had a large convention staying with us so we I admit, playing catch up on detailing the rooms. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Madison
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The front desk staff was outstanding and flexible with my on again, off again, on again arrival on the first night. As requested, they had the name and hours of service of a local restaurant ready for me when I arrived. The room was clean and offered a nice amount of space. The bathroom facilities and amenities were both above average. Enjoyed the outdoor hot tub, even at the end of February/first of March. The common area immediately outside of my room was used on the third night of my stay for a "crab boil"/gospel event. How nice for them, and what a disaster for me. The singing and use of the microphone made it feel like they were in the same room with me. The hotel had stacked excess chairs in the hallway outside of my door, so I had groups of people sitting outside of my door chatting. I can't even begin to describe the sickening smell of the food being prepared in a room several feet from my door. By the time everyone left and the hotel staff was done cleaning up, it was near midnight, and me with a 5:00 a.m. wake up call. Based on everything else, this hotel could have been a 6 on a scale of 5 with their super complimentary breakfast, pet friendly policies and flexible/friendly staff, but this event being held 10 feet from the door to my room really put a damper on the stay for me.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms adjacent to the common area (also used as the breakfast area).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CJF53713
HI; thank you for putting up with the crab boil. It was a benefit for the Leukema Society of Northern Californi and the proceeds collected went directly to a young boy to help with is battle with leukemia. Typically, these types of events are held in our ballroom at the back of the hotel. Sorry, your night was ruined with "stinky" crab. If you are in the area again please let me know and I will offer you a free night stay.
chica
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I am being froced here to write a review, I have already done so thru the survey, let me out of htis loop and system, while I am happy to offer the survey I do not feel I should be forced to write a review of this place simple to complete 200 characters to get out of this system. the hotel was great, enough said.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Renee S
bilmma, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi; Thanks for taking the time to write your review and thanks for responding to our survey.
Clovis, California
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel was clean & the staff friendly & helpful. The cookies they offer at check in & check out are a super bonus. Check in was fast as well as check out. Great variety with breakfast!! Makes up for the price of room because you save that money. First morning, omelettes & potatoes. The second morning was scrambled eggs, potatoes & biscuits & gravey. They, also, have a waffle maker!! Lots of variety with the fruit, yogurt & bread/bagel selections. The bed was a little to hard for my comfort but overall had a great stay :)

2 Thank nnora68
bilmma, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I will definitely pass along to my staff. Hope to see you again in the future.
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This hotel has a good breakfast, and the personel are extremely friendly. The rooms are very clean. The hotel staff will accommidate if there are any concerns. The hotel is centrally located to a variety of restaurants and also has easy access to the main highway.

2 Thank Augusto V
Thank you for your kind words. I think we have the friendliest staff around. I will definitely share your comments with my staff.

Mary Lou
Director of Sales
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed there in January 2013 and found it to be a nice clean hotel, well located for a business trip. Easy to find and is right off the highway. Very nice breakfast and friendly staff. Very well maintained. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

2 Thank Rick A
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again.