“A great place to stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stopped here on our way up to Oregon. There were delicious cookies waiting for us when we arrived. The hotel was clean and our room was in excellent condition. The hotel was quiet and the staff was friendly and helpful The breakfast buffet had great food choices, and the food was warm and plentiful. The Hampton Inn is pet friendly, and since we had our dog with us, this was our reason for choosing to stay here. This hotel is an easy on and off from the freeway. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Californian54
bilmma, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I'm glad that you and your furry family member found the hotel confortable for your stay. I will pass along to the team how much you enjoyed your staff. I think the staff is awesome, so I always enjoy when a guest agrees with me.

Mary Lou
Director of Sales

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Large loud party with heavy bass music in atrium that opens to all rooms lasted about 7 hours. Nothing could be done. Front desk said they would comp the room - when went to checkout in the morning, I was still charged for the room. It was frustrating to argue with the morning clerk about the problem yet again. Staff admits this happens often at the hotel. If you want some quiet during your stay, I suggest getting a bed on the median of I-80 - it will be more quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank xavier2000
bilmma, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Vacaville-Napa Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Sorry that your stay was less than perfect. Typically events that I schedule in the atrium area end at 10pm on the weekends and 8pm during the week which is our designated "quiet times". I'm sorry the party interferred with your stay.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was a second time staying at this hotel. The rooms are average but clean. Our room did have a microwave and refrigerator which was nice. We had requested a room with a crib and the pack n play that they had in our room had definitely seen better days. It has some stains and the padding was so worn it was almost non existent. We found our room to be quiet without much outside noise. The staff were all very friendly and nice especially the breakfast attendants. We have family In Vacaville and will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and mentioning our portable crib condition. I have addressed the issue with our Director of Operations and replacement is scheduled for the first quarter of 2013. Come back in 2013 and see our newly remodeled lobby and atrium area complete with custom made wine barrel furniture.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

First of all, I absolutely love and prefer Hampton Inns! This Hampton Inn is starting to show its age, stains in the carpet and pealing paint on the room doors. For some reason the room I had booked was not available and I was told that I was upgraded to a room with a whirlpool. I found the room to be small and crowded. I was going to use the whirlpool, why not since I was upgraded, but when I filled it with water, the water was really gross--dirty and stuff (debris) floating in the water. I opted not to use the whirlpool after all. Another thing that bothered me was the vending and ice machines are on the 1st and 2nd floors. I was on the 3rd floor and went down to the 2nd floor for ice only to find the ice machine out of service--not that big of a deal since the ice machine was working on the first floor, but it was inconvenient. Then I went to connect to the wi-fi. It would not connect at all that night. I attempted to connect again in the morning before I checked out and I finally called for help. The guy working the front desk reset the modem, but to no avail.
Now, for the good things. My room, although small, was quiet and clean. The bed was a bit too firm for me, but I slept well. I especially love it when I have a room with a mini fridge and microwave in it. The breakfast area was clean with lots of variety for everyone. The food was hot and plentiful. The seating area was huge, something I wish other Hamptons could offer.
The staff was exceptional. Gladis was wonderful at check in and again at check out. She is definitely an asset to the Hampton Inn and Suites in Vacaville. Her upbeat and positive attitude was absolutely outstanding.
Yes, there were a few hiccups during my stay, but I would stay here again. This hotel is super convenient to I-80 with easy on and off access.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank smokymtndeb

Thank you for your praise of our staff. I love passing positive comments along to them. FYI, we are in the process of again upgrading our internet for twice the capacity. Unfortunately, when our carrier is having a nationwide problem, it's out of our hands. Please come back to see us again. I'll make certain that you have a whirlpool suite again, hopefully without water issues.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Way above what I expected; i guess its been a while since I stayed at a Hampton! The room was well appointed, with quality toiletries and a mini fridge and microwave. The cookies on arrival were an awesome treat after the long flight, and staff were always very friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay here gain when on business in the area.

Room Tip: Vending is on floors 1 and 2
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is my fifth time staying at the Hampton Inn Suites and as usual I was satisfied with my stay. The front desk and other staff made me feel welcome and always greeted me with a smile. Stayed in a double queen size room and it was clean and cool. Since it was in the 90's that day the staff made sure the air conditioning was on when I arrived. The room has a refridgerator, microwave and coffee maker. There is free internet for Hilton Hhonors members. Don't know if free for non members.The free breakfast was good with a waffel maker, fruit hot entree, breads and drinks. The wait staff said good morning to everyone and asked if they needed anything. If you are looking for a nice place to stay, this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mtallyca

So pleased that you have made us your preferred hotel when staying in Vacaville. Just to let you know internet access if complimentary for all guests. See you next time..

Reviewed September 11, 2012

This Hampton Inn is privately owned and very easy to get to off the exit. You can see the hotel immediately to the left at the end of the ramp (if heading south). It is just as easy to get on the highway (again heading south) – make a right at the red light which can be seen kitty corner to the hotel. I believe it was straight thru the light to head north.

The hotel was kitty corner to a nice gas station and I think there were a couple of restaurants down the road.

The service is friendly which says a lot these days. The breakfast is better than the average continental breakfast anywhere. The dining area is open and airy with ample seating.
The rooms are clean and quiet. We faced the side of the highway but heard nothing during the night. We did run the AC which worked great. The only thing I did not care for were the beds. These are not the plush Hampton beds but neither are they hard as rocks. I would say firm. There was a nice separate area for the refrigerator and microwave. TV was a nice flat screen.

I would stay here again.

A note if you are on your way to Napa like we were: when you get off the exit to Napa, construction begins almost immediately. If I had it to do over again, I would stay at the Hampton Inn in Woodward just north of the Airport (about 8 miles) and take a back road in. It looked like it would be a while before this area was complete.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends