Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. My room was very nice. The bed could've been a little more comfortable but other then that I had a great experience and will stay at an Extended Stay the next time I travel.

• Stayed: December 2012
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm happy to hear you'll pick an Extended Stay Hotel for your travel needs. Hope you return to Vacaville soon!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was due to stay at this location for a month for work, and this was more than a hotel. The staff members made me feel like family. They remembered my bithday and went as far as leaving a cupcake, baloon and card in my room. They are great really great, I just hope all Extended Stays are as friendly as this location. Big thanks to Vanessa, Angelina, Tyre, and Sharon.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I was working on a multi month project and the Extended Stay America in Vacaville on Orange Drive was a blessing. Extremeley friendly staff, quite, well managed, very clean and comfortable, and a great value. Plus, you're right next to world class shopping at Nut Tree with all the major brands at discounted prices. And there are lots of great gyms to choose from nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ali R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and staff during your stay with us! We strive to create a “home away from home” for every guest and I’m so happy to hear that we succeeded!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We made reservations here for my mother-in-law because at 86 she no longer can manage the stairs in our home. We made the reservations face-to-face with the guy in the lobby. We made them for a handicapped room, and specified it had to be on the first floor. When we checked in, they had given away her handicapped room, and put her in a room on the third floor way down the hall from the elevator. They also increased the price from what they told us and said "the prices went up during the week" (from Tuesday morning to Friday afternoon). When my mother-in-law complained the next day, they gave her $1.69 credit on her bill "for her trouble". She had a terrible time walking to her room, and was unable to shower because she didn't have a handicapped room. I don't care what another hotel costs, we'll never make her stay here again!

Room Tip: Don't even bother asking for anything specific - you won't get it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beaglemom22
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Vacaville, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, which includes the availability of handicapped rooms. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving this goal. I am extremely sorry, again, to hear that your mother-in-law had a hard time due to staying in the accommodations that we had available. It was with great happiness that we were able to rectify a lot of the situation, in one way by making the appropriate adjustments to the credit card on file.

Let me apologize again that your mother-in-law's stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that she would give us the pleasure of having her as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Reviewed December 21, 2011

Come here every year to visit my son. Very close to Napa. Stayed at Marriott Residence Inn last year to earn rewards points. Did not realize how much money I was wasting doing so. On the same street, 2 blocks up, I could have stayed here at Extended Stay. It is either very new or newly renovated because the floors are wood, appliances are new, and the decor is hip and minimalist (not like Grandma decorated it.) Was only $54 a night. There is no breakfast, but I could buy a lot of food at the Super Walmart (on the same road also) with the money I saved.

Napa is about 30-40 minutes away and the trees are huge here. My room had a view of the rolling hills in the distance and the hotel was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I had personal business in Petaluma but hotels there and in the greater SF area are overpriced in general. I decided to stay here for two nights based on Trip Advisor reviews and this turned out to be `What were some of the reviewers thinking?` I am not a stuck-up person by nature, but the management of this place need to decide which clientele they want to serve.
While I was waiting to check in, several clients were complaining to the desk clerk that they were locked out of their rooms due to money owing on their rooms. After I made it into my room, someone tried to get into my room because it had been assigned twice. They also lock the front door at 7 PM and the clerk needs to buzz you in. This place is full of families who are living there full time and stare at you like you're intruding on their turf. Small kids were even riding around the hallways on bikes! The morning I checked out, there was a blue medical latex glove on the ground besides my car that wasn't there the night before. Why was it there?
I left with an unfavourable impression of this place and wont be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank KentuckyColonel
Reviewed August 29, 2011

ESA offers a tolerable place to sleep for an affordable price. However, don't expect attention to detail. The rooms are not fully cleaned, the faucets leak, the remote doesn't come with batteries and my room didn't have a phone in it. So if these details are not important and you are looking for economy vs quality- then you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Great outlets near by
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family