“love the og”

Fairfield, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“love the og”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

its always good, never had a problem even when it's been very busy we've never had bad service. anddid i mention i love those stuffed mushrooms

Visited February 2013

Long Island City, New York
“better than I expected, but not great”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Spouse and I found ourselves at the Marriott Courtyard in Vacaville at the end of a driving escape to Sonoma wine country. Olive Garden is walking distance from hotel. Usually I avoid chain restos, but we were not in the mood to drive around. We were seated promptly, perhaps because we were about ten minutes ahead of the crowd. This is not the place for a quiet, romantic dinner. Guests are mostly extended families, often with small children. Resto is most welcoming to little ones. It can get noisy.

Food was fine, if unremarkable. The unlimited salad is fresh and tasty. Spouse had egg parm with spaghetti. I had a lasagna strip wrapped around some veg. Spouse might have give resto a better review than I have, but I am a bit more of a foodie. I'm not a food snob, but this meal, while okay, is not even authentic Italian-American. The profit margin must be huge: after all, mostly it's spaghetti. Can be made at home very easily. Does no one cook any more?

• Visited May 2013
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
“First time”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first time at Olive Garden for dinner visiting with family. Had a good crowd but we still got our orders in good time. Food was good and the service was outstanding.

• Visited August 2012
Canton, Texas
“Great food !”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

lot's of great choices to choose from menu. I strongly recommend olive garden. I like italian food.
More than serviceable. Good wines, and always love the bottomless salads and breadsticks. Not a ton of vegetarian options, and it's surprisingly expensive for a chain of its calibre. Still, my fiance loved his fettucine alfredo with shrimp. I was a bit less enthralled with my spicy shrimp vesuvio... It seemed like the spiciness came from a healthy shake of cayenne, rather than from fresh chilies or peppers or something, and the dish was really heavy on the tomatoes. It was enough for one and a half meals, though, so I can't really complain too much!

Almost every entree is close to $20, and that's before drinks, so if you're looking for some cheap eats this isn't the place. Buca di Beppo is definitely a better deal! (Olive Garden is running a 2 dinners for $25 special right now, but the menu items they've chosen for this deal are certainly not the choice listings on the menu)

One last good thing about this Olive Garden: they are really flexible with leaving off ingredients you don't want or potentially substituting them-- they left off the bacon on my dish, which means they're making it fresh. Good to know!

Visited February 2013
Sacramento, California, USA
“Great for Large Parties”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family (30+ people) have gathered at the Olive Garden for the last 2 years and both times we have experienced great food and good service. I called a week in advance and informed them that we would be coming in on a Sunday afternoon. They were more than accommodating and had a large enough dinning area to fit our large party plus a party of 50 at the same time! The environment was comfortable but never loud and the servers made us feel as if we were the only ones there.

The food was good too. I ordered the endless Chicken & Gnocchi soup which was light and very flavorful. For my main course I ordered the Potato Crusted Chicken and it was served over pasta and a light white sauce. Unfortunately, my daughter (3 years old) wasn't as happy with her meal. She ordered the children's ravioli and the portion was micro-size and it didn't look too appetizing. However, the server quickly changed her meal to the children's spaghetti and chicken strips which were tasty and a good sized portion. Overall the restaurant gave us very good service for our large pary.

• Visited January 2013