“Absolutely the best pancakes ever, hands down”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #12 of 193 Restaurants in Vacaville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Sonora, California
“Absolutely the best pancakes ever, hands down”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The pancakes here are absolutely AWESOME. They make two different kinds of pancakes. Their regular ones are sweet cream, and they are light and fluffy and fantastic. The other ones are almond/granola pancakes, and they are very filling and really good. I usually ask for one of each, and I can never finish them. The servings are huge. We also go for dinner once in a while, but I still have the pancakes!

Visited April 2012

Harpers Ferry, WV
“Good food and plenty of it!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

The food is pretty good and you certainly he a lot of it. The service was great and they have a little store located inside as well.

Berkeley, California
“Go There When You Are Hungry!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were returning from a trip and stopped in and were veryk glad we did! The restaurant was full as it was a Sunday morning at 11 am. My husband ordered the Chicken Fried Steak breakfast and they brought back HUGE portions! He said it was very good! I ordered the Turkey Burger with fries. It was good-the only gripe I have was the edge of the turkey was dry but other than that it was great. The Baby Bear hot sauce was delicious!!! We bought some. The service was outstanding-for as busy as the place was, they were right on it! I bought an "Original Bear Claw" pastry to go and when I got home and opend the box, I was disappointed. It looked so delicious but was so dry that I had to throw out the top part of the puff pastry and the almond filling wasn't not very almond tasting. Overall I would recommend this restaurant as it is a great value for the money spent!!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CaliCamaroGirl
Bristol, Pennsylvania
“Mmm-Mmm Good Cream Pancakes”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Oh my gosh... The cream pancakes are the best! These pancakes don't even need syrup. Our breakfast dishes were plentiful and huge. The scrambled eggs were fluffy, while the over easy eggs were cooked perfectly. This little restaurant has a lot of local repeat customers. The waitresses seemed to know many by their first names. By the time we were leaving, several people were waiting in line to be seated. The decor with all the bears is very homey and comfortable. We were sorry to have found this neat little restaurant the last day we were in Vacaville. I know where our first breakfast in Vacaville will be next visit.

• Visited June 2012
Vacaville, California
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We have been there three times since December 2011 and have always had great service and great food. Yes portions are big but eventually you learn portion control by sharing the meals. Go check it out for yourself!

• Visited January 2012