“Waste of Money”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Oceanside, California
“Waste of Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My sister already wrote a review regarding this hotel, and i feel i need to confirm her issues. We travel with marriott quite often and really enjoy the company in itself. I know not all hotels are going to be 5 stars or even 4 stars for that matter, but wow! The first thing we noticed was the angry boss lady AMY and her very very nasty attitude towards her guest. She made it seem like we were bothering her as we were getting checked-in, i totally forget the clerks name but she was amazing.. I will never stay here again with the recycled food and the mean attitude from AMY!!! i should have went with my first instinct and stayed at the COURTYARD which was right down the road...Dumb move on my part... YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN I GUESS

Room Tip: STAY AWAY stay far far away
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Melissa G
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Hello,
I am sorry to read about the disappointment with your stay. In order for me to assist, I would like to understand what the issues are. Please feel free to contact me at 707-469-0300.

Amy Preston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vacaville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Hotel is clean, the room are nice, the internet is not good but the safety is really bad. My car was vandalized during the night. Its really frustrating! I am clear that the hotel is not responsable almost all the employees mentions that to me...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank YTPR
I am sorry to read about your vehicle. Please feel free to give me a call so that we may discuss any next steps to take in case we have not followed up completely. You may reach me at 707-469-0300.

Amy Preston

Travelers are raving about these Vacaville hotels

Seaside, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed with a friend and her family in what i thought would be a great vacation in which it turned out to be the opposite. This little town is very cute love all the shopping stores, and the small-ness feel. BUT, the actually hotel in itself is absoulutley GROSS.
The GM, Amy is awful, she must really really really hate her life because it shows in the way she treats her employees and the guest upon arrival. I cant believe the way she speaks to her staff its a miracle she is still employed or that she still has employees. I actually feel sorry for her and the people who have to deal with her on a daily basis, thank goodness i was only there a couple of days, NEXT
oh where do i began about the old breakfast lady PAT patricia ... the first thing i noticed is she looks like she just was released from REHAB!!! I over heard her on a couple of times her complaining about her meds and how she cant afford them, maybe if she didnt smoke every 5 minutes and never washed her hands after doing so,she would have the money to afford her meds. it was almost like she wanted someone to give her a hand out or say " ok i will buy them for you" then came the convo about her felon husband and how her life is so hard because hes in PRISON. I also found gross that she doesnt have to wear a hair net with her long rat tail hair hanging down and around by the food. i wouldnt recommend this hotel to ANYONE!!! I feel like I am either gonna catch a desease or get killed due to the felons around this "HOTEL" which is a joke to even call it that.

Excuse the poor grammar....I am livid having to relive my nightmare!

Room Tip: rooms have an old smell
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank jessie g
Hello,
I am sorry to hear about the disappointment with your stay. If you would like to discuss this with me, please feel free to call me at 707-469-0300. I would like to understand what the issue was so please do give me a call.

Sulphur Springs, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We've stayed there twice. One time we had a separate bedroom and the other times just a studio. Loved the separate bedroom but even the studio was very spacious. Great stocked kitchen in both. Regular size refrigerator, microwave, two burner stove (no oven) and sink. Small table with two chairs for eating and full size sofa bed. Free full breakfast was wonderful. When we were there they had scrambled eggs, some type of meat, waffle maker, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and cereal. Very nice sitting area with large screen TV and fireplace. Hotel was very quiet. Very friendly and helpful staff. Indoor pool.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review! I am pleased to see that we met all of your needs. Enjoy the holidays and again, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review.

Best Regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I made a brief visit to this property during my recent stay at the adjacent Fairfield Inn. I did so as handicapped rooms are of interest to me. An employee took me to this kind of room and I found it to be spacious (400 S.F.) with a sitting area, kitchen area, large bed (Queen size?), and bathroom with handicapped bars by the commode and inside the tub. I also observed the large breakfast room which is considerably larger than the one at Fairfield Inn.
When I return to Vacaville in 2014 it's likely that I will chose Residence Inn because of my favorable impression of this property.

Room Tip: The handicapped room I was shown is on the ground floor of a 3 story building.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I am pleased to read that you will choose our hotel on your next visit to Vacaville.

Take Care,
Hacienda Heights, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We chose this hotel for the location. We made the right decision about location. The room was always very clean except for the visible mold high in the shower on the wall paper. The room was the perfect size for our family of 5. Staff was always very busy although provided what was needed. Overall great room, great location, decent breakfast, staff could be friendlier. Will book here again!!

Stayed August 2013
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize about the bathroom-I will have my maintenance look at the room right away. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit.

Pordenone, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out from this hotel, after a four-night stay. Residence Inn is one of our favourite hotel brands in the US since we like the cozy atmosphere, the generally good hot breakfast in the morning and the free wi-fi. And this Residence Inn did meet our expectations despite not being the best one we've tried. Our one-bedroom suite was ok, little old, but still good. We loved the breakfast there and the breakfast room, and we enjoyed also dinner there one night, offered by the hotel. It was simply delicious! Our 139 usd per night ++ were well spent there, we would be back for sure.
Location is also convenient, just steps from the Premium outlets and close to The Nut mall, with a variety of dining options and shops.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Francesca-DM
Amy P, General Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I always appreciate receiving feedback and I am pleased to see that our hotel met your expectations. Safe travels and we hope to see you back in Vacaville.

Best,