“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Vacaville
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn while doing a little bit of winery visiting in the area. The room was very nice although the decor could use some updating. Everything seemed to be in good condition. The breakfast was what is expected for this kind of hotel...eggs, self made waffles, cereal, fruit. Good customer service and in room wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mona B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Quad Cities, IL
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I am currently on an extended business trip and I am extremely happy I chose this hotel vs. some others in the area from the descriptions I have been getting from others. Friendly employee's, great breakfast, and evening socials during the week are very nice as well. There are three negatives and none of them would stop me from staying here.
1. Parking in the back of the hotel is limited
2. Fitness Room is VERY small (wish the blinds would shut as well, since one window looks out to the pool and the other out front of the hotel.
3. Wish there were more television stations offered. (Lots of sports channels, rather regular stations)

Room Tip: Internet is quicker on an end room (like many hotels) rather than in the middle of the hotel. Laund...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank King61256
kdbRIVV, Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us and also to thank you for your business! We know that you have a lot of hotel options in the area and you decided to make us your home away from home! I would like to let you know that we take your feedback very seriously and we are constantly making changes to improve the guest experience.

Some of the recent changes are:
-We have upgraded to HD TV, with this we have a new channel listing that has more variety options for our guests
-And as a second fitness option for out guests, we have established a partnership with Vacaville Fitness. As a guest of our hotel you can complimentary enjoy the extra amenities this fitness club offers just down the street.

Again, thank you for your feedback and for making us your home away from home!
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at this Residence Inn for several weeks unexpectedly after the on-base hotel at Travis ran out of space for us. This hotel is one of VERY few in the area that allow large dogs, of which we have 2. We were in hotels for 3 months waiting for our house to close with 2 dogs and 2 children under 3, so needless to say we had a lot of stuff. We moved all of this stuff into a room here, only to determine it was extremely hot not because the air was off, but because it was broken. The hotel accommodated us by giving us the room across the hall until the AC could be fixed, so that we would not have to move all of our items back and forth. It took longer than expected for maintenance to fix, so we spent some time going back and forth for things, but it was the best solution to the situation. Eventually, it was determined that the AC could not be fixed anytime soon, so we did end up moving all of our things to another room down the hall. The staff was apologetic and helpful about the issue, but we did have to go up to the desk several times to find out what was going on instead of them keeping us posted over those days.

This Residence Inn provides a daily hot breakfast, as well as a dinner 4 days of the week which was much appreciated. Calendar of dinner menu posted in room. Patricia was the person handling breakfast for most of our stay (sometimes dinner) and she was excellent! Always on top of the food and other items, as well as very friendly. She remembered us and our children by name, and warmly greeted us each day. The dinners were mostly great, with the exception of the "Manager's Choice" night, which included only crackers, cheese, and lunch meat. Other nights featured salad with spaghetti and bread, taco night, etc.

Service in the room was fine. The room itself was good size by normal hotel standards, but small for us with 2 dogs and 4 people. We had a 1 bedroom suite, with kitchen which had full size fridge, microwave, 2 burner cook top, and sink. Pool was nice, my son enjoyed swimming in it. Also offer a BBQ on patio outside, which we did not use but saw others using. Hotel is close to the highway, Premium Outlets, many restaurants, and other shopping. Overall, our stay started off pretty rocky but turned out great. They allow large dogs, honored our military rate, had great service (Patricia was excellent!) in the morning/evening meals, and accommodated us on very short notice and were flexible about extending our stay a day at a time when we needed them to. Also gave us 1st floor room, close to side entrance for walking dogs, as requested. Would certainly recommend this hotel for an extended stay or overnight visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BCFLMay
Daly City, California
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Me my husband & our 4 daughters decided to spent Christmas here for 3 nights we have 1 bedroom suite i requested main floor just in case my kids will run around we don't want other guest to complain, the light in the bathroom keeps blinking & making weird noise that sounded like its about to pop and air conditioner in our room are making a loud noise we did not complain because we got a employee rate (my husband's mom is an employee of Marriott company)& as always we never want to bother them as much as possible.But the time of check out i told my family go straight in the car and load our stuff since we are park close to the side exit while i am going to the front desk to formally say we are checking out & return back our room key, when we're all in the car my husband fixing our luggage making space then he ask me where is the yellow big luggage i told him i left it outside the room next to the door leaning on the wall then we already knew its gone we went to the front desk told the lady which i believe is the asst.manager because when i went in the front desk no one is there to assist me (not the 1st time) she is on the office that has a sign asst. manager at that time door is wide open she is fixing her paperworks i waited for couple of minutes to get service while i'm panicking but try to be possitive that everything is gonna be ok she went with me back to our room to double check that our luggage is not there & for the first time i see a some kind of emotion on her (very annoyed) that she got stuck with me & my husband inside the room because the battery operated door lock is i guess dead battery she have to call someone to unlock us & we waited for few minutes then she ask the maintenance guy to look upstairs on the 2nd & 3rd floor but there is no luck.I swear she could care less on what's happening she is showing no kind of emotion or anything to help me i finally cover my face & cried feeling stupid & here's this sweet white young lady w/ thin long highlighted hair try to give me tissue & a bag of cookies for me & my daughters.I ask the asst mngr by the way if they have camera in the hallways she said they don't then i went back out & read the sign on the side exit something about camera & told her about it & again she said "we really don't have any camera here at all we even have to remove the camera here(front desk) for privacy reason"????? Anyway she ask me if i want to report it to police i decided not too because at that time i thought its only all our clothes beside my cell.,video cam & camera chargers my hair straightener $150 & a toy that my husband bought for our kids for a Christmas gift.But as soon as we got home i found out that my karaoke that i bought 4 yrs ago for about close to $400 & a set of Wii with 3 remote controls & 5 diff. games are there too.For couple of days now all i have is guilt because it's only my husband working & dont know when can i replace my daughters toys. I'm just glad that my husband wasn't mad & we still had fun anyway! the only thing is my daughters 11, 8, 6, 2 need some new going out clothes now again.We have been in Marriott,Courtyard & lots of residence inn everywhere but this is so far the only one that my kids for the 1st time said we don't wanna go back there ever because usually every time we check out they would always say let's go back here again mommy!

Room Tip: ask for a room w/ quiet air conditioner, a fridge that doesn't have an ice maker that has a sou...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Alpa M
kdbRIVV, Manager at Residence Inn Vacaville, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Residence Inn by Marriott – Vacaville. It is disappointing that we did not meet your expectations with our service and facilities, but I would like to let you know that as a result of your comments, we have implemented some changes that will hopefully make the guest experience more pleasant for future guests. I would love for our staff to have the opportunity to show off our positive changes during your next visit to the area.

Travelers are raving about these Vacaville hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom queen suite which had a separate living area with queen sized sofa bed for the kids. It's in a very convenient location just off the freeway. Next to the Premium Outlet Malls & strip mall across the road. Furniture in our room looked a bit tired.

Breakfast was adequate if you are not a big breakfast person with the usual Residence Inn fare. Unfortunately they ran out of hot chocolate sachets which I found really shocking as it's pretty much a breakfast drink staple.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Planned a weekend trip for the Grandparents to visit college granddaughter @ UC Davis. Stayed in Vacaville for restaurants, shopping and convenience. Booked 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite which had (1) room with handicapped bathroom, nice living room area and small kitchenette. Comfortable, clean with a very friendly and helpful front desk staff. Breakfast not so great, but certainly adequate to start our morning. Will definitely book a return stay at this Residence Inn on our next trip to Davis.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank socalmom9040
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed five days. First the bad news... the rooms need a good cleaning. There was some mold spots in the fixtures and whatnot around the bathroom tub. The tub was only cleaned once, when it had big rings showing, (and the mold was missed again). The sink area was never wiped. The toilet never cleaned, with a ring beginning to show. There was about a month or more of dust behind the bed. Bedding was only changed out if it looked really dirty. Ours was never completly changed out, just fluffed up to look good. We complained to the front desk, but somehow our room number got mixed up, and they cleaned another persons room, LOL. The air conditioner was noisy.

I guess the cleaning lady was on coffee break, because our coffee was never replaced. The popcorn was replaced only once, and the candy twice. She must enjoy the popcorn more than the candy...

The good news... they refunded a day back to us. Everything about the hotel is fine, just needs a much more serious cleaning check by management, and some minor maintenance. The breakfast was great, and the lady running it helpful in obtaining information on local activites. The rooms were otherwise nice. Although our room also had a slow sink drain, it was fixed within two hours of our complaint, by a cheerfull maintenence guy (who also wiped out the sink).

The front dest and management people were mostly very nice to deal with. But one desk lady was a little dismissive of our continued complaints. Not knowing the room number had been mixed up, and our requested cleaning was not being acted upon. Apparently, all she could do was deflect the issue to a manager. I guess she forgot Lesson #1, the customer is always right, LOL.

The hotel is in a nice area, surrounded by a bunch of other hotels of similar quality. There are so many outlets and stores nearby, you could probably find literally anything you might ever want. The town itself, Vacaville, is suburban with middle class neighborhoods.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a quiet air conditioner.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family