“Beautiful, peaceful & serene”

The Lodge at Blue Lakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Upper Lake
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Our stay at The Lodge at Blue Lakes was fabulous. We were treated with top quality service. The staff at the Lodge went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Assistant Sylvia Desantis was exceptionally helpful in directing us to a great restaurant and recommending various activities in the area. Owners Maryann & Peter were the consummate hosts and saw to it that we were given exceptional hospitality. The room, coupled with the serenity and beauty of the lake, made our trip one of the most enjoyable we have ever experienced. We can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 28, 2008

Last Feb 2008, I lost my 3rd son to massive heart attack at the age of 38. Initially, I wasn't at all angry nor bitter about my loss, but as days passed by, I often found myself grieving & in tears!

Consequently, upon the invitation of my siblings, I decided to visit them and some friends in the various States in the USA! After touring 9 States in a little over 2 months, I needed a rest from the hustle and bustle of seeing new places & meeting new people!

Hence, my youngest sister drove me to The Lodge at Blue Lakes 3 days before my departure back to Manila! Upon arrival, I felt comfortable in the cozy room w/ a kitchenette! All the peope who worked there as well as their guests were overly warm & friendly!

After relishing the beautiful view of the lake with the mountains lined on both sides, I felt refreshed & invigorated! I was glad that I had time to commune w/ nature in this Paradise by the Lake!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2008

Went for an overnight stay just to get away and relax.
The staff was extremely friendly and made you feel at home.
Rooms had just been renovated and they were extremely nice and comfortable.
The area was so nice and serene. They even had a continental breakfast included in your stay.
This was definitely an A+A+A+ experience and I plan to go back and stay in the future.
I would highly recommend staying at the Lodge at Blue Lakes. You can boat, fish, etc.

Great fun and relaxation!!!!!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 5, 2008

My Mom and I had a very nice stay at The Lodge At Blue Lakes. Tess at the front desk was very sweet and very accomodating. Beautiful scenery and the room was clean and nicely decorated, also including a small refrigerator and coffee maker. I enjoyed the Continental Breakfast brought to your room, and that the kayaking was included. I would definitely return. Sincerely, Jill Albright and Yvonne Finn

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2008

If you're looking for a quiet spot to relax and write or do any kind of creative work, or just kick back on a grassy, sunny shore by a blue, blue lake you should know about this Russian River hideaway just east of Ukiah.

A beautifully restored fishing lodge, with upscale rooms featuring Jacuzzis and marble floors, free Continental breakfasts and kyacks (morning is the best time) backed up with personal attention from owners Peter and Maryanne and their courteous staff leaves very little to be desired from check-in to check-out.

And fishing? Outdoor facilities for cleaning and cooking your catch are provided.

Have I left the impression that the Lodge is just for grownups?

The gentle access to the lake makes it suitable for children, and you won't have to worry about them being swamped by motor boat wakes, as there is a 5mph speed limit.

Plenty of space to park your big rig with easy access to Highway 20 completes the package.

It's easy and fun and the drive up through the wine country offers plenty of great vistas.

Hal Bryan

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 2, 2008

While on vacation to California we stayed for the long August weekend and we just loved everything about the lodge at blue lakes. The rooms were to excellent standard, very clean and catered for everything we needed for a pleasant stay. The views were just amazing, so relaxing and yet so invigorating. The service was great, whatever we asked for we got. We were so delighted with the boat ride, wow that was just so unexpected and made our weekend even more special. We thought that we got great value for our money and we have recommended it to our friends to stay when they go on their trip to the California in Oct.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2008

My partner and I wanted to have a staycation experience that was going to be around two hours from San Francisco. Upon searching on the internet, we came across The Lodge At Blue Lakes.

When we arrived at the resort, seeing the place was better than just looking at the photos in their website. It was so pristine, serene and beautiful.

The rooms were renovated magnificently. I was impressed at the accommodations. They even had a Sunday breakfast for the guests in the gazebo by the deck over looking the Blue Lake. It was as if we had travelled far when in essence we were a little over two hours from San Francisco.

I would highly recommend this place for people who want to just getaway and not have to deal with airline fares and travel expenses that go with that. It was worth the drive and the accommodations was romantic.

The owners and the staff were very accommodating and friendly. It's definitely a nice place to lay back and have a bottle of wine with cheese and crackers as you and your partner enjoy the relaxing view of the lakes with the family of duck prancing around the water.

• Stayed: August 2008
#4 of 8 in Willits
Super 8 Ukiah
Super 8 Ukiah
#5 of 15 in Ukiah

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!