The Lodge seems to have gone through an ownership change which might explain the difference between what their website claimed was the offered package and what was asked of my family.
We were charged for the "upgraded jacuzzi" room in advance reservations, yet we were offered the "standard" room. In both cases, the heavy traffic on the nearby highway could be heard. Upon questioning the room assignment, we were told they were "booked"... inferring we had no choice at our initial arrival. From what we could see, they were not "booked" as the "upgraded" room was offered to us when we declined the first room.
The rooms and facilities are without a doubt a throwback to a former time when people expected less. I suspect the heyday of the motel was about 50 years ago.
The lake is very beautiful, without a doubt. Its small and pretty clean. The kids obviously love the place as can be seen from various locations around the water. We could see a windsurfer, kayaks, and swimmers.
Unfortunately for the motel, their prices are too high in comparison to the amenities. All you get is the use of the lake for the premium pricing.
My suggestion to their owners, if they read this, would be to install soundproof windows on the highway side of the rooms to allow for peaceful sleeping. Also, honesty in pricing needs to be addressed as you can't put one price on your website and then attempt to charge more once people show up.
The staff was friendly. No problems in that regard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes offers 21 premium guestrooms, including one Waterfront Executive Suite. Rooms feature lake or mountain views. Room types are deluxe 4 poster beds with in room jacuzzi tub, kitchenettes, lakeside and mountainside rooms. Guestrooms are individually furnished and decorated. Wireless Internet access is limited and is only available to certain rooms/areas. Free local calls. Flat screen TVs, small refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Air conditioning, climate control, welcome amenities, and hair dryers are also included. Microwaves and irons/ironing boards can be requested. Rooms are accessible via exterior corridors. Housekeeping is provided. All guestrooms are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your The Lodge at Blue Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes Hotel Upper Lake
- Hotel At Blue Lakes
- Resort At Blue Lakes
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes Lake County, CA - Upper Lake