“This is the Perfect place for Peace and Tranquility”

The Lodge at Blue Lakes
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Upper Lake
GreenLeadersGold level
Concord, North Carolina
“This is the Perfect place for Peace and Tranquility”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place was recommended to me and my partner to have some
quite moments. And upon staying at The Lodge we really had found
that Peace and Tranquility. It was not only the view at the lake it was the
the whole stay. The staff was very Accommodating and very Courteous.
They where so wiling of adjusting to our schedule. We requested for an
early breakfast for we were to leave early the following day and it was
provided to us with a smile. Waking up early in the morning with pleasant
faces will really make your day right. I would surely recommend this place
to all my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Suzette S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband found this hidden gem on an online site when he was looking for a memorial weekend getaway for us. We have stayed at nearby areas before at Clearlake but we now prefer the Blue Lakes/Upper Lake area after staying at this Lodge. The lakefront rooms are very nicely decorated, some with four post beds and jacuzzi tubs. I would definitely recommend staying in the lakefront rooms to truly appreciate the whole landscape and surroundings. We also rented one of their electric boats and enjoyed a "picnic on the water." The owners and staff are very pleasant. The facility also houses an event center that is perfect for corporate, organizational, or family events. Relaxing on their lawn chairs, and just gazing at the Lake transported me to a European holiday. We plan to return for another visit as it is not that far from San Francisco, but is definitely an idyllic escape from the concrete jungle.

• Stayed May 2013
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My adult son and I came here with another couple to spend some quiet time before I die (I have stage 4 cancer). My friend called ahead and was promised a discount on our rooms, but when we arrived, we were told that the discount would not be honored. What?! What kind of customer service is that?! I only wish we had the promise in writing. My friend had been here several times, so I was quite surprised to see how we were treated. It was a quiet location, but the beds were really firm, even with the pillowtop cover. The male owner is very friendly, but I think his wife rules the roost. She is really rude and unapproachable. I loved the lake, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Jacquie52257
1Ginger1, Owner at The Lodge at Blue Lakes, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologize that we did not live up to the ususal excellent standards that the majority of reviewers at Tripadvisor talk about. I have shared your feedback with our team including addressing the particularly firm bed and pillowtop. I believe there was a misunderstanding about your friend's reservation that was made on your behalf. I would like to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We wish you the very best. Maryann
Fort Bragg, California, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We decided last minute to get out of town for a fun weekend. My husband made our reservations on Friday morning and we arrived Friday afternoon. The owners and help tried to anticipate our every whim. They made dinner reservations for us and made us very comfortable. The breakfast was not only presented in a beautiful manner, it was brought to our room.

We had a wonderful weekend and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Spring for the lake view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peggy C
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

After a previously bad experience elsewhere in the area, my wife and I were hesitant to stay anywhere near Clear Lake, specially for our anniversary. But on our way to the coast we somehow felt led to stop by The Lodge. We had a wonderful 3 days to celebrate our special event. Tess, Peter, and Marianne were great hosts and made us feel right at home. The in-room jacuzzi tub was used every day. Birds sang, the lake was beautiful, the weather perfect.

Blue Lakes seems much cleaner and quieter than Clear Lake and The Lodge is a great place to stop and stay.

Room Tip: Have Tess give you the tour of the rooms and pick the one(s) that suit you - they are all nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PierreLariviere
Berkeley, California, United States
Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful shoreline location on lovely lake Old motel nicely updated and renovated. Room a bit small for size of bed and gas fireplace. No closet. Great dock with kayaks and electric boats for rent. Complementary hour kayak use. Owner gave us a boat tour of lake. Close to Clear Lake, very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed October 2012
Corte Madera, California
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I were married at Blue Lakes Lodge one year ago. There was no better way to celebrate 1 year of marriage other than going back to visit the site of that very magical and special day of our lives. Once again we had a wonderful time and look foward to going back for many many years. We enjoyed the day out on the lake in a rented boat which was so much fun. After a day of sun and relaxation- you're hungry. You have full access to a BBQ. There are plenty of eating areas to enjoy your meal. On Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast was provided at no additional charge. The spread is very nice and the food is kept warm. No need to be the first one up. Sleep in- the beds are very comfortable ! The owners treat you like family. Blue Lakes is a wonderful place to relax and recharge.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn & Suites Ukiah
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Lakeport

Been to The Lodge at Blue Lakes? Share your experiences!