Glad we did! We initially passed this place on our way east to Clearlake, but after what we saw there, we headed back. Not surprising to many, ‘Clear’lake isn’t so clear. Office staff was friendly and helpful, but the girl at he the desk was multi-tasking the phone texting and talking to family and friends while showing us rooms and checking us in. She might go somewhere with that talent but for me it was just annoying.
We opted for the Jacuzzi room on a what-the-hell moment (room #12) with a comfy, although foam-topped king. Rates seemed pricy at about $195.00 a night including 11% tax—It was 45 bucks more than the kitchenettes and other rooms at about $150.00. Our room was clean and well appointed though with a modern, elegant feel. All rooms feature a 'front' door on the parking side and a back door facing the lake. Our room was near one of the 3 communal gas Barbeques. So, like any BBQ lover might do, we went to the Sentry Market about 15 minutes away and picked up Salmon, salad, utensils and wine.
The lake was clear and fresh for swimming. It was terrific compared to swampy Clearlake. We took the 1-hour complementary Kayak out (A $20 buck value) to explore the lake for a fun time.
Biggest turn-on/off depending on your point of view is the highway at about 100 ft/30 meters from rooms. Light sleepers might find the early AM traffic a little disturbing, but others might find the logistics convenient.
The complementary breakfast is simple and tasteful serving coffee, OJ, raisin bran cereal, assortment of bagels, toast; hard boiled eggs (to perfection) and really good, make-em’-yourself waffles. Breakfast is served outdoors in the main BBQ area overlooking the lake--a nice touch!
With a relaxed European feel and friendly guests, The Lodge at Blue Lakes is a terrific location for families or romantics, and represents a good value.
Other mentionables in our room…
Duel-head shower but pressure limits usability
Nice cotton Robes to round out your spa experience
Waterfall feature on the Jacuzzi
At the Lodge and Surrounds…
Outdoor shower by lake
Mini-market right next door
In my opinion, the Clearlake area including Lucerne, Nice to Lakeport has few decent lake front choices at the price-point that The Lodge at Blue Lakes captures with all the lakeside activities you would want or expect. And none have the shoreline activity of swimming available due to the THICK, SOUPY, SMELLY ALGAE. These areas have been hit by the economy are sadly showing it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes offers 21 premium guestrooms, including one Waterfront Executive Suite. Rooms feature lake or mountain views. Room types are deluxe 4 poster beds with in room jacuzzi tub, kitchenettes, lakeside and mountainside rooms. Guestrooms are individually furnished and decorated. Wireless Internet access is limited and is only available to certain rooms/areas. Free local calls. Flat screen TVs, small refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Air conditioning, climate control, welcome amenities, and hair dryers are also included. Microwaves and irons/ironing boards can be requested. Rooms are accessible via exterior corridors. Housekeeping is provided. All guestrooms are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Blue Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes Hotel Upper Lake
- Hotel At Blue Lakes
- Resort At Blue Lakes
- The Lodge At Blue Lakes Lake County, CA - Upper Lake